Intake is very tough issue in FN2. If there's no FlashPRO in Your car, CAI doesn't work properly. AEM CAI is wider, there's more air and fuel, when You floor right pedal ECU starts to think because of wrong AFR and provides a flatspot.
This is why I think you're wrong:
- Kevin has a problem when idling, at that moment the error comes on. The effect of more air (colder air) can have no influence, as the throttle valve is almost completely closed at idle.
- FN2 has just as FK1, FK2,... the same method of measuring the airmass coming in: a MAF and a MAP sensor (airmass and pressure). Temp.sensor is integrated with LAFsensor. Give me please one good reason why these sensors would not be able to measure the amount of air coming in after modifying the intake. Take into account the narrowest point of the intake never changes: the throtlle valve. Only (!) at WOT there can be a very slight increase (a few %) of air coming in at a slightly decreased temp.
But everything is measured and by far into 'range' for the stock ECU.
You state his engine runs leaner. That's correct (the ECU tells so), but it's hard to accept for me the reason is another intake.
Reasons for showing this errorcode can be:
- false air entering after intakesensors
- false air entering at exhaustmanifold (before LAF sensor or lambdasensor)
- injector clodged
- a valve that doesn't close 100%
- misfires (!) because of a bad sparkplug/other reason
I experimented with temperatures of airintake and never got an errorcode (why should I ?). An increase/decrease of 10 to 20°C is compensated by the stock ECU in an eyeblink.
And getting a lot more air into your engine to get it out of range for the stock ECU is extremely difficult at legal speeds (below 200 km/h).
As I said: throtlle valve is narrowest point anyhow, and only at WOT.
Do you understand my explanation?