Clutch Honda Civic MK8 Clutch Actuator - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12th September 2017, 11:28 Thread Starter

Honda Civic MK8 Clutch Actuator

Car: 2006 Honda Civic EX i-VTEC S-A, 1.8 Petrol, i-Shift. 117k miles.

Sorry for making this long, but I wanted to include as much details as possible.

Hello,

I was driving my car normally, until suddenly it stopped driving and an orange cog warning light appeared on my dash. The car got stuck in the gear and did not start again due to this problem. Roadside inspection by AA could not identify the issue, therefore they have towed my car to a local Honda dealership. Upon carrying out a diagnostic on my problem, Honda have told me that I need a new Clutch actuator and a new clutch. They have quoted me a price of £3000 which I have refused and began research of my own (the car costs less than this, therefore it was simply uneconomical). Honda have put the car into Neutral (N) gear and I towed the car back home. I came across a company called ECU Testing which rebuilds Clutch actuators on request and decided to give them a try as the unit would not have to be reprogrammed after the fix.

I have found a mobile mechanic who has removed my clutch actuator which I have promptly sent to ECU Testing. I was later informed that indeed my actuator was faulty and could be repaired, I have agreed to repair that. Once I’ve received the “fixed” actuator back, I have agreed with my mechanic to fit it back and install new genuine Honda clutch kit as well as a new slave. Once everything was fitted back, and the system was bled a couple of times, the car did go into the gear when the ignition switch was in position II. However, the car did no go into the gear when ignition was on. Each time it was attempted to put into gear there was a grinding noise (as if the clutch is not engaging at all). Last attempt has made the car get stuck in the gear again. Mechanic has suggested that the clutch slave was not extending far enough which was due to a faulty clutch actuator. We have then took the actuator out and sent it back to ECU testing for a clarification. Meanwhile, scanning the car with professional diagnostic tool has shown the following error codes:

• 56-20 – SRS unit internal failure, present.
• P0562 – TCM power relay sense circuit low, present. (The battery is fully charged)
• U1261 – Lost communication with anti-lock brake system control module, present.
• U1403 – CAN TCM/ABS circuit malfunction, present.
• B1241 – Blower motor electrical fault, present.
• P0919 – Gear shift position control error, present.

Upon another inspection of the unit by the ECU Testing, they have confirmed there are no faults with the clutch actuator and sent it back to me. I did not want to fit the actuator back again as nobody seems to know what the issue is. Possible options suggested by the mechanic and ECU Testing are; bleeding the system few dozen times, looking into gear selectors and synchromesh, getting car electric to resolve the above error codes. Can somebody please suggest a possible solution to my problem as now I am not sure whether my mechanics have done something incorrectly or there are other parts in the car which are faulty. At this stage I am not sure whether it is worth repairing the car or selling it for spares.

I am more than happy to answer further questions.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12th September 2017, 13:55
Supporter

Car: honda civic type s gt red
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jaxckhan
hi there get rid of it before it drains you dry of your money, and if you only drive auto, then go for a honda with a proper full auto box,
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 13th September 2017, 14:22
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Car: 2010 2.2 i-Dtec CRV
Have a look in your private message inbox...
Thanks to automobilklub from:

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 13th September 2017, 14:58 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thank you for the message. As I am a new member I cannot reply to private messages. I have contacted you via an email.

Last edited by civicmk82006; 13th September 2017 at 17:05. Reason: Found the answer myself
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 13th September 2017, 17:14
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Car: 2010 2.2 i-Dtec CRV
Hi. Didnt get any email unfortunately. Have you used the [email protected] one? You can also give me a call on 07542833989. Thanks, Daniel
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 13th September 2017, 17:46 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hello, yes, I have used that email. Please let me know if it doesn't arrive within the next 12h. I have checked my email, it shows as successfully sent, perhaps it is in the junk folder.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 17th September 2017, 17:46 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

All of the above issues were resolved by automobilklub to the highest standard. Please have a look at his forum thread (can not add a link as I am new to forums) if you have similar problems.

Thank you automobilklub!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th June 2019, 23:37
Supporter

mr. Daniel is genius

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Engines and Transmission (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page