Faults Civic 1.6 i-DTEC injector failure - Page 2 - Civinfo
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 4th August 2018, 09:07 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgo8 View Post
Don't you have to code the injectors though with the ECU?? Not just a case of replacing them from what I understand..
Yes, The garage that fitted them did this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 13:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by star1985 View Post
Shaintaylor.
From speaking to my local honda dealer there is a common problem with 16MY 1.6 I-DTEC engines. the cam shafts wear and have excessive end float causing a rumble noise on start up and low RPM's.
My vehicle has a diesel combustion knock when puling away and under load, its noisy when starting too and it stutters and surges when trying to pull away from junctions. it has slowly progressed and got worse it sounds like a little end knock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star1985 View Post
Its done 84000 miles, i use the car 5 days a week for work, 3 miles on country roads then on to a motorway for 18 miles, same again on the way home, 42 miles a day round trip, always use BP diesel too.
Shaintaylor - Did you get to the bottom of the low RPM / pull-away rumble while cold?

I've not been able to find any other material/comments/advice relating to worn camshafts, but mine is a MY16 1.6 diesel, just over 50k on the clock

Mine has just developed the same (by the sounds of it) and I would appreciate any experience you both had because the "drive-away" from the used car dealer I bought mine from expires in a week and I want to be able to direct the Honda garage to diagnose as fast as possible to ensure my warranty claim can be upheld if necessary!

Thanks in advance for any insights!
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 13:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaintaylor View Post
I'm sorry that it's not going to answer your question, but what kind of noise/symptoms did you experience? Mine makes quite a racket sometimes on startup but goes when I rev it and also in the heat the car stutters a bit under light acceleration

sorry all, meant to quote the above when I asked:

Shaintaylor - Did you get to the bottom of the low RPM / pull-away rumble while cold?

I've not been able to find any other material/comments/advice relating to worn camshafts, but mine is a MY16 1.6 diesel, just over 50k on the clock

Mine has just developed the same (by the sounds of it) and I would appreciate any experience you both had because the "drive-away" from the used car dealer I bought mine from expires in a week and I want to be able to direct the Honda garage to diagnose as fast as possible to ensure my warranty claim can be upheld if necessary!

Thanks in advance for any insights!

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 20:00

Car: 2014 1.6 DTEC 5 Door White
Hi,

I the only rumble I get when pulling away at cold is clutch judder.... My issue is the engine making a rough noise for nearly a minute at all startups that have been stopped for a while regardless of temperature. My other issue is during warm weather - 18'c+ until the engine has completely warmed up, the engine will sort of 'loose some power' and make a nasty knocking like noise at 1600 ish revs at light throttle..

Sorry I can't help much, but diesels usually knock a bit more from pull off if you don't give it any revs? Could you record it?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Engines and Transmission (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page