1.6dtec Bluespark Tuning Box - Page 4 - Civinfo
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 81 (permalink) Old 19th February 2019, 08:14

Car: 2015 Honda Civic Sport 1.6
Garage
Also consider that on dynos there is no air friction and the overall road conditions are missing, I think it could be normal to have 10-15hp more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 81 (permalink) Old 24th February 2019, 10:36
Supporter

Car: 2015 white orchid 1.6 dtec
well finally got to fot my blue spark box

if you got small hands it will be easy job

no tools required just pull off engine cover trace connectors and release add harness and run cable and plug box in
then cable tie everything tidily

im running on the setting the box came with

as soon as I pulled away I noticed the change I was looking for much smother and don't have to rev it to get the pulling power to drive smooth as the 2.2
the car pulls much better through the gears and is a lot nicer to drive
ive not really noticed any power gain as ive not tried for a speed run but driving in traffic and in town this car is now as I would expect it from factory

I will run it for a few weeks and when I get chance I will try a higher setting but so far im happy with it done about 150 miles or so and does seam to be better on fuel aswell
only thing I could say is possible negative and I say possible as im not convinced
I seam to have a little more induction noise just seams to sound a little different
and the plugs on harness are a bit tight fit at first I thought they were wrong but just needed a firm push and wiggle to get them fully home
post #63 of 81 (permalink) Old 24th February 2019, 10:40
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunited View Post
I'm getting about 65MPG minimum on C6 compared to 58-62 on E9. I do stick at 70mph where I can though as it is mainly work time haha. I am 99% motorway too. Overall, I am convinced that C6 is best for economy of what I have tried so far. E9 is more fun though, although there's not too much difference in torque in my opinion.
when speaking to the guys from bluespark they said standard c map was the best overall for economy and mid torque designed for normal everyday driving
d is little more torque but less economy and e was more torque power higher up but not as much lower down

post #64 of 81 (permalink) Old 24th February 2019, 11:54 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Scaramanga, so how does the 1.6 with a box compare to the 2.2? Not just driveability and power but handling with the lighter front end.

With regards to box setting, I started on c6 but after reading the forum switched to d5 and have left it there since. Really works well for me.
scaramanga likes this.
post #65 of 81 (permalink) Old 24th February 2019, 16:46
Supporter

id say I havnt pushed the car hard enough to compare handling between the 2
but my 1.6 is lot smoother than my 2.2 and quitter but the 2.2 does have 184000 miles plus on her while motor is still strong as a ox the rest of car was showing signs of age (and a little neglect from me )
9g is a lot more refined
as for driving before fitting box 1.6 was not nice to drive tiny power band resulting in many gear changes but after fitting its more like the 2.2 but still not as much torque but hey ive never drove a car with as much torque as the 2.2 it just pult like a train from about 1500 to 2000 revs in any gear infact im sure many will agree trying to pull away fast in first gear was a waste of time as it just reved out before it got any where
set off into 2nd bit of throttle then quickly up the gears
with the box fitted to the 1.6 you can actually feel the car pull instead of just changing up and up and not going anywhere
you can also drive in lower or higher gear for longer which is what I was looking for more driveability
I only fitted it Friday afternoon and probably not took it over 70 mph so far but ill have clocked up close to 200 miles at a guess
real test will be after I fill up
probably run a full tank before trying another setting
post #66 of 81 (permalink) Old 26th February 2019, 19:28

Car: 2013 1.6 DTEC EX
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga View Post
well finally got to fot my blue spark box

if you got small hands it will be easy job

no tools required just pull off engine cover trace connectors and release add harness and run cable and plug box in
then cable tie everything tidily

im running on the setting the box came with

as soon as I pulled away I noticed the change I was looking for much smother and don't have to rev it to get the pulling power to drive smooth as the 2.2
the car pulls much better through the gears and is a lot nicer to drive
ive not really noticed any power gain as ive not tried for a speed run but driving in traffic and in town this car is now as I would expect it from factory

I will run it for a few weeks and when I get chance I will try a higher setting but so far im happy with it done about 150 miles or so and does seam to be better on fuel aswell
only thing I could say is possible negative and I say possible as im not convinced
I seam to have a little more induction noise just seams to sound a little different
and the plugs on harness are a bit tight fit at first I thought they were wrong but just needed a firm push and wiggle to get them fully home
Nice one! I found pretty much the same as yourself. Not whopping power increase but improved drivability. Let us know how you get on, I found D and E were noisier and while I could feel E9 was the quickest, I went back to C6 due to the fuel economy.

I'm not looking forward to taking the harness off at anytime though......
post #67 of 81 (permalink) Old 26th February 2019, 21:24
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunited View Post
Nice one! I found pretty much the same as yourself. Not whopping power increase but improved drivability. Let us know how you get on, I found D and E were noisier and while I could feel E9 was the quickest, I went back to C6 due to the fuel economy.

I'm not looking forward to taking the harness off at anytime though......
I havnt got the harness routed the best
but I think ill leave it till car goes in for service
then when refitting it ill run it a bit better
post #68 of 81 (permalink) Old 27th February 2019, 17:48

Car: 1.6 i-DTEC
Would like to see a picture of the final position. I can't find a good spot on the right engine side so it sits on top of the battery. Not good if some authority wants to take a quick look under the hood.

Besides that, I switched back to C6. It runs softer, quiter and better in lower revs. Without the punch of E9 that is. Really makes a difference but I think it is safer for the engine and I don't need it on my commute.

Would be nice to measure the difference between these settings. I planned to, but well...no time for that
post #69 of 81 (permalink) Old 17th March 2019, 14:11

Garage
I am interested in the Blue spark pro boost box. Do Bluespark offer a discount to forum members?
post #70 of 81 (permalink) Old 17th March 2019, 18:17
Supporter

yes they do offer discount
either contact them and ask for code saying you are forum member or ill try look see what code I used
Thanks to scaramanga from:
post #71 of 81 (permalink) Old 17th March 2019, 21:25

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga View Post
yes they do offer discount
either contact them and ask for code saying you are forum member or ill try look see what code I used
I gace sent them a message on here and on their website. No response yet. I'll try again this week. Thanks
post #72 of 81 (permalink) Old 18th March 2019, 09:20

Car: 2015 Honda Civic Sport 1.6
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
Would like to see a picture of the final position. I can't find a good spot on the right engine side so it sits on top of the battery. Not good if some authority wants to take a quick look under the hood.

Besides that, I switched back to C6. It runs softer, quiter and better in lower revs. Without the punch of E9 that is. Really makes a difference but I think it is safer for the engine and I don't need it on my commute.

Would be nice to measure the difference between these settings. I planned to, but well...no time for that
I installed it on the left side of the engine bay, there is a steel bar to the left of the engine, I put the box in its fabric cover then I fixed it to the steel part with 3 cable ties, the cover is black and the cables run behind the engine covere so it's very hard to notice it and I always have my bypass with me so if I'll ever need to remove it (as I did for the service) I'll just cut the cable ties and put the bypass on.

Pretty annoying to switch settings but still safer than having it well exposed.
post #73 of 81 (permalink) Old 18th March 2019, 11:11

Car: 2014 1.6 DTEC 5 Door White
Hi,

Slightly off topic, but do any of you notice an increase in DPF regens with this box installed? Anyone noticed any clutch wear?

Many thanks
post #74 of 81 (permalink) Old 18th March 2019, 23:06

Garage
Well I took the plunge today and ordered the pro+boost box for my 1.6 Idtec. Hopefully fitting it on Friday.

Good discount for forum members (20%).
post #75 of 81 (permalink) Old 19th March 2019, 01:20

Car: 2014 1.6 DTEC 5 Door White
How did you get the discount?
post #76 of 81 (permalink) Old 19th March 2019, 17:55
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaintaylor View Post
contact the company and say your forum member they will give you a code
post #77 of 81 (permalink) Old 31st March 2019, 14:03

Garage
Well I have had mine fitted a week now. (It was relatively easy to fit). And I am happy with it. I purchased the Pro + Boost version and got 20% discount from them for CIVINFO users.

I have settled on setting D5 for now. I like the boost it gives. Not really noticed lower fuel consumption but then again I don't really drive my car aiming for good consumption. I just drive it normally but even using it for short journeys to work and back I am still getting 55-60 mpg.

regards all

Andy
post #78 of 81 (permalink) Old 4th April 2019, 15:32
Commercial Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaintaylor View Post
If you use the code "civicforum" at checkout it will knock you 20% off the price of a Pro + Boost.

If you use the code "civinfo" it will knock 10% off one of our petrol units.
scaramanga likes this.
post #79 of 81 (permalink) Old 4th April 2019, 15:57
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
@rob.e

What about one of these?
post #80 of 81 (permalink) Old 15th April 2019, 21:13

Garage
Currently running my sport model on E7 and loving it. Pulls like a train. Well happy with this Bluespark Pro + Boost box.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Engines and Transmission (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page