1Likes
  • 1 Post By poor1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th April 2019, 20:49 Thread Starter

Car: 2013 Civic 2.2 i-Dtec
Garage
Battery on its way out?

Hi all,

Read a few posts prior to this but thought I'd ask anyway. Last week car started flashing up on ignition that auto start/stop wasn't available and a battery symbol displaying with it. Car seemed fine for several days (including few long journeys) finished work last night and it wouldn't start. Got a jump from a workmate and car started straight away. Car drove fine and error message disappeared but it's back again today. I've disconnected anything that might be drawing excess power from the battery. I've ordered a battery from Cox just incase as there prices compared to local stockists and even dealers is brilliant. Guessing with the car starting and then driving the starter and alternator must be working.

Oh my cars a 2013 2.2 ES

Not had a fault with the car until now apart from the usual minor bits on buying it from dealer and people determined to dent it continuously

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th April 2019, 21:40
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...

Car: 2015 1.6 I-DTEC SE+ Tourer
I had my 2015 Tourer recently serviced at Honda and my battery failed a 'metronics' test. Their recommendation was a new battery, and I had it done. Fitted price was 115, which I thought was OK for a battery for a diesel with stop start. The car hadn't ever failed to start but once or twice on starting at night recently, I'd noticed the lights dim as it cranked over. 4 years old, so not that old but it's peace of mind.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th April 2019, 06:50

Car: 2007 black FN2 Type R
Join the AA, get parts and labour cover. I believe they cover batteries under this, plus peace of mind.
Thanks to Leeg1633 from:

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 18th April 2019, 12:56 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight168 View Post
I had my 2015 Tourer recently serviced at Honda and my battery failed a 'metronics' test. Their recommendation was a new battery, and I had it done. Fitted price was 115, which I thought was OK for a battery for a diesel with stop start. The car hadn't ever failed to start but once or twice on starting at night recently, I'd noticed the lights dim as it cranked over. 4 years old, so not that old but it's peace of mind.
my friends a mechanic and with it first happening at night I rang him and he said if it was starting before and it jump-started then drove fine its more than likely the battery. The replacement came yesterday to my house as I left work to go collect it didn't start immediately, picked the battery up as I went to drive to work it wouldn't start so had to install the battery there and then. Been fine since auto stop start is working it's turning over immediately much smoother than before. Fingers crossed it was just a simple battery replacement and I'm happy to have got 3yrs warranty and the exact part from cox motors. My friend said drop the battery off for disposal and he'll test it but more than likely it's got a dead cell and was on its way out.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 18th April 2019, 18:29

Car: 2012 2.2 Milano Red
Mine is the 2.2 and year 2112. Ive replaced the battery twice since I have had it at 18 months old. Always used the heavy duty Varta battery from the Honda dealer Cox. very reasonably priced.
He_Who_Is_T likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 18th April 2019, 20:42 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by poor1 View Post
Mine is the 2.2 and year 2112. Ive replaced the battery twice since I have had it at 18 months old. Always used the heavy duty Varta battery from the Honda dealer Cox. very reasonably priced.
Yeah when started hearing prices of 150+ for the battery I was disappointed, but to find out the actual recommended battery was available for half the price and a discount from forum as well I saw the positive side. Drove a lot today with work and the wife wanting to go shopping and have to say the car seems much happier starting.

Not seen much on here from people with the pre-facelift 9G's. How do you find the car? I got this instead of a later model simply down to how much I loved my 8G Si and the deal I got. I have to admit this is a refined version just not the same. Think I'll be happy once the wheels are refurbed and the trims restored etc
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 20th April 2019, 14:15

Car: 2012 2.2 Milano Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by He_Who_Is_T View Post
Yeah when started hearing prices of 150+ for the battery I was disappointed, but to find out the actual recommended battery was available for half the price and a discount from forum as well I saw the positive side. Drove a lot today with work and the wife wanting to go shopping and have to say the car seems much happier starting.

Not seen much on here from people with the pre-facelift 9G's. How do you find the car? I got this instead of a later model simply down to how much I loved my 8G Si and the deal I got. I have to admit this is a refined version just not the same. Think I'll be happy once the wheels are refurbed and the trims restored etc
Love it. It's the most refined car I've had. The latest models (Mk 10) have been spoilt by deleting the 2.2. engine and the body lines, particularly by adding rear door handles, making it look far less interesting . The way the SatNav displays on the facia when negotiating a turn is brilliant. The only thing that lets it down is the gear changing which is not as slick as other cars I've had. That may be down to the big diesel engine and heavy flywheel. I would advise anyone to buy the top of the range leather seated models on the after market. It seems to have every refinement I can think of that I want.. It really performs economically. Insurance is very expensive but fortunately it has a ridiculously low 20.00 a year Road Tax, which compensates.. I hope it will keep going for a little while yet.
The only question mark is whether the DPF starts misbehaving at some point in the future.

Last edited by poor1; 20th April 2019 at 16:12.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Engines and Transmission (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page