1Likes
  • 1 Post By He_Who_Is_T

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 1st September 2019, 23:11 Thread Starter

Car: 2013 Civic 2.2 i-Dtec
Garage
Dual Mass Flywheel.

Hi,

Anyone know where's best to price up a new DMF? Have priced a new clutch kit from Cox for 230 but pricing DMF just in case I'm unlucky and need a new flywheel as well.

Cars a 2.2 I-Dtec just hit 70k on original clutch.

Thanks

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2nd September 2019, 10:59
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,140 Times in 3,836 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Hey Tony, normally Cox have some of the best prices but I don't see the DMF listed online for the 2.2 i-DTEC Maybe give them a call.

I see the 1.6 DMF price is a shocker at 1,170 even with 8% discount, roughly double the price of the 8th gen 2.2 DMF.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2nd September 2019, 15:16

Car: 2012 Civic 2.2 i-dtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by He_Who_Is_T View Post
Hi,

Anyone know where's best to price up a new DMF? Have priced a new clutch kit from Cox for 230 but pricing DMF just in case I'm unlucky and need a new flywheel as well.

Cars a 2.2 I-Dtec just hit 70k on original clutch.

Thanks

Tony
Did it last only 70k, what type of driving do you normally do? Mine is 120k on original clutch, should I be worried? It seems to be working fine but don't know how to diagnose.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2nd September 2019, 16:04 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farqui View Post
Hey Tony, normally Cox have some of the best prices but I don't see the DMF listed online for the 2.2 i-DTEC Maybe give them a call.

I see the 1.6 DMF price is a shocker at 1,170 even with 8% discount, roughly double the price of the 8th gen 2.2 DMF.
Thanks Farqui yeah the Cox clutch kit is what I'm going to get. I'm going to roll the dice and just change the clutch for now.

Saw the price for the 1.6 also and gulped. Cars only worth 6-7k I found an exedy DMF but I don't know the brand. It was also 400 could be a very expensive bit of work.
Farqui likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2nd September 2019, 18:59 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Clutch and junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko88 View Post
Did it last only 70k, what type of driving do you normally do? Mine is 120k on original clutch, should I be worried? It seems to be working fine but don't know how to diagnose.
Sorry Kiko meant to say bought it at 70k it's around 75k now. I knew on purchase the clutch felt a little high but I used that to reduce the sellers asking price. I've had it remapped by celtictuning almost three weeks ago and since had a few instances of slip. Trusted mechanic said it's more likely the extra torque and power have highlighted a weakened clutch as they insist the stage 1 is entirely usable without modification. They have said that should I replace the clutch they can guarantee it won't wear quicker for the remap. Don't want to linger too long and have a slipping clutch that might wear the DMF.

My clutch was high on purchase and after remap was higher again. Noticed few instances of slip since remap where you put your foot down and instead of power the car seems to just rev. Not for long or noticeably often but I think the previous owner must of rode the clutch a little as it was quite high.

New clutch kit to be installed asap.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2nd September 2019, 23:32

Car: 2016 1.6 Tourer
Must say that's some scary mileages you're all talking! as far as I know my old Audi had 280K on it's original clutch or at the very least 195K as the guy I bought it off 'thought' it may have been done at 85k ish
makes me a little worried about mine!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 3rd September 2019, 08:28 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1short View Post
Must say that's some scary mileages you're all talking! as far as I know my old Audi had 280K on it's original clutch or at the very least 195K as the guy I bought it off 'thought' it may have been done at 85k ish
makes me a little worried about mine!
yeah it's not huge mileage but my cars been remapped recently. Without the extra power and torque mine might have lasted a lot longer. However changing the clutch around 80k to me doesn't seem so bad.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 22:25

Car: 2016 1.6 Tourer
Also makes me worried about towing my caravan, although it managed it ok last month, sounds like I'd better not make a habit of it!
Are the really that weak?

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Engines and Transmission (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page