FD2 Correct Offset Replacement Wheels - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2014, 10:02 Thread Starter

FD2 Correct Offset Replacement Wheels

I'm looking round at my wheel options. I want to swap out my wheels for a while so I can spend time refurbishing them and have the option which way I go at the end of the project, keep the new wheels or go back original. So want to keep the same tyres and setup, so getting as close to the original specification as I can.

So 18x7.5 5 Stud 114.3 PCD is fine.
+ET60 appears to be hard to come by though.

At the moment what I've found is

The the amazingly expensive Mugen GP forged wheels

SSR GTV02 (and a couple of the others) come in correct size but with a 53 Offset - which is close, and pretty reasonable at $380/wheel.
SSR Wheels - SSR GTV02

Has anyone got any good leads?

Alternative other leads for a OK condition set of OEM 2nd hand ones, and I'll recon those and leave these on the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2014, 11:59
Supporter

Car: 09 Suzuki Swift Sport white
Thanked 2,783 Times in 2,531 Posts
Theres a set of mugen gps for sale on here. They are et55 iirc but thats only 5mm more poke and the car will look better for it. I would look to go et45 or 40 on your car personally
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2014, 19:27 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by coste1l View Post
Theres a set of mugen gps for sale on here. They are et55 iirc but thats only 5mm more poke and the car will look better for it. I would look to go et45 or 40 on your car personally
Thanks coste, yes had a look, so they are a staggered ET48/ET55 set, and asking is 1900 - not saying that isn't reasonable for the Mugen set, but I think that's a way over what I wanted to spend.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/items-s...gp-wheels.html

You're absolutely right - widening the track a little maybe isn't such a problem, but I'd like to exhaust the options for getting it as a close as possible to the offset first. Just seems odd why it's so hard to find something.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 24th November 2014, 16:00
Supporter

Car: FK2 Type R
Just to chip in, ive been trying to find some volks for my fd2 but offset has been a problem, is there a lower limit on an fd2 before they stick out and cause rubbing of the archs or problems with the calipers? Im on standard suspension at the moment
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 24th November 2014, 17:20 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambalamps View Post
Just to chip in, ive been trying to find some volks for my fd2 but offset has been a problem, is there a lower limit on an fd2 before they stick out and cause rubbing of the archs or problems with the calipers? Im on standard suspension at the moment
So Volks looked promising, but the site is horrible, and you have to wait for it to translate. They list the FD2 where it is as "An example" as 18x8 rather than 7.5 but have offsets that get close. RAYS - The concept is racing. you just have to go to each wheel, then get the table with the details of the offsets. I reckon some patient working through might well find some very close things there.

I'm on stock suspension at the moment, and visually the wheels are pretty close out to the lips. Most people regard ET45 as fine from what I can see in the threads, but i'd like to get a lot closer.

interested with whatever you find.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 10:12
Supporter

Car: Mugen 200
Garage
I'd give Injection Imports a shout. I doubt you'd find anything cheaper than what Matt can get for you and he's really knowledgable. I'd find a few sets of wheels you like the look of and he can let you know what ETD he can get for you.

Delivery is usually 3 weeks too as everything is flown over.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 13:24 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshywelsh View Post
I'd give Injection Imports a shout. I doubt you'd find anything cheaper than what Matt can get for you and he's really knowledgable. I'd find a few sets of wheels you like the look of and he can let you know what ETD he can get for you.

Delivery is usually 3 weeks too as everything is flown over.
Ok that looks like a really good suggestion, thank you. Site so much easier to get down to the offsets for the Rays/Works JDM wheels. Pretty reasonable for some options 325-390 for some wheels with +48/+53 offsets (and of course upwards from there in price). Will work through in more detail.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 14:05
Supporter

Car: FD2, white
I have a set of Rays on mine and I think the offset is +48. I do get a bit of rubbing on full lock but my car is lowered. I can take some pics if you like?
Thanks to bananas_33 from:
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 19:37 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananas_33 View Post
I have a set of Rays on mine and I think the offset is +48. I do get a bit of rubbing on full lock but my car is lowered. I can take some pics if you like?
Lovely build thread, the Rays do look great (not to mention the bonnet and mugen grill and bits). Don't worry about the pictures, well not unless you're adding to the build thread anyway! Knowing the +48 rubs a bit on full lock is useful. How much lowered is yours at the front?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 26th November 2014, 22:35
Supporter

Car: FD2, white
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayingawhile View Post
Lovely build thread, the Rays do look great (not to mention the bonnet and mugen grill and bits). Don't worry about the pictures, well not unless you're adding to the build thread anyway! Knowing the +48 rubs a bit on full lock is useful. How much lowered is yours at the front?
Cheers mate. I will be adding some pics on my build thread once I get some time off and when it's not raining. I think it has been lowered about 20mm.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 7th December 2014, 12:23
Supporter

Car: FK2 Type R
Did you pick up some wheels yet? My own head is melted looking for idea's, Ive a vivid blue fd2 and want a bronze set but would love some ideas of what would suit

Civinfo > Civic Type R > FD2

Tags
fd2 wheels offset correct

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page