Civic FD2R - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 29th March 2016, 07:37 Thread Starter

Car: 2007 FD2R, CW
Civic FD2R

This is just a simple log of my changes to the FD2R and mods going forward. A little bit of a background before I continue. I started off my love affair with the 8th Generation Civic (3rd Generation Civic Type R - or FD2R as it is mostly called here) - way back in 2008 with a Civic FD2A (the 2 Litre automatic)! That's right! I feel in love with the Civic Type R after driving the garden variety Civic and tinkering around with it. I had the aero and handling sorted out with that car, but I really wanted to get myself into a manual and things in Singapore are kinda complicated as far as modifications, transmission swaps etc. are concerned. After my brush with the authorities over the modifications made to the car... I finally decided it was time to go "legit". So with my wife's blessing and consent, I swapped the keys for the FD2A for the FD2R.

I'd always been in love with the pre-facelift FD2R. My FD2A was a face-lift model, but those hexagon tail lamps never quite caught on with me. So, that coupled withe the fact that I could get a great deal on an 07 FD2R meant that the choice was pretty straightforward. I located a seller locally and bought it directly off him. I finally had a pretty stock pre-facelift FD2R - complete with those instantly recognizable round taillights.

The FD2A was my wedding car - I have the most understanding wife in the world - so my project was actually intended to have the FD2R more or less mimic the look of our wedding car and maybe turn it up to 11. I was on an M and M kit sourced from the local M&M distributor - it was a first edition, I was pretty chuffed to get my hands on it - one of the first few at the time. I'd always liked the look of it. I'd paired it with Ings side skirts, an original Civic Type R rear bumper with customer cut-outs, and a Feels rear diffuser. At the time, the J's bonnet was the most popular design out there, so one was sourced from Carbon Teknics and the CF Trunk with Mugen Wing completed the look. I'll decline to put up details on the engine over here as it's pretty sensitive to the authorities, so out of respect to its new owner, I can only tell you we had some work done on it.

Some of the notable upgrades we managed to get on the car were the bodykit - FD2 and FD2R kits are actually pretty different - changing to an FD2R kit required changing a lot of things like the fender liners, crash bars, brake ducts and so on. the kit you see on the car was meant for an FD2R so the entire FD2 front end had to be discarded. The car was fully stiffened - on went the entire catalog I could get from Summit Racing - their bars are mostly aluminum which I picked where possible over the steel options from brands like Cusco unless Summit didn't carry that particular bar. In addition to that, there were numerous changes to the intake system. We'd finally settled on a Skunk2 Pro Series intake manifold and throttle body fed air out of a Gruppe M intake. Again, that intake needed a bit of extra work because the two FD2s use different sensors. Eventually we got everything to work - some custom piping done along with a Hondata FlashPro tune and we were all good to go. Unfortunately, as the car was making more power than was originally intended for the auto gearbox, garage visits were quite frequent. That was part of what eventually led me down the path to get the FD2R...

[IMG][/IMG]

This was how the FD2A looked just before I sold it.

And this is a pic of the FD2R not long after I got it. I'd swapped my trunk and wing on, and had my own rims and tyres on the car. The thing was starting to come together and feel like "my" car. All that I needed to do was put back my old number plate and I was good to go.

The FD2R came to me pretty stock other than rims etc. which i returned to the previous owner. The car itself was pretty beat up. Worn bushings, engine mounts and so on. So the first order of business was to get the bushings and mounts sorted out. Having driven bone stock FD2Rs before, I knew that the car as it was was really out of sorts. So, along with a change to Super Pro bushings - 2 sets, one when I was on a square wheel setup and a later change to eccentric bushings for when I went staggered - I also had the entire set of rigid collars installed. Here's a little detail pic of the Spoon rigid collars and steering bushings... It's was a pretty massive job, so mad props to my friend Kai and his mechanics at the garage (B Select at iSpace Singapore).

On to the FD2R went the Spoon rigid collars, steering rack bushingsm, engine mounts - 70A Hassports - and the ARBs from Tanabe.

The car currently sits on Buddy Club Racing Spec Evo 3-Way coilovers. Spring rates are currently 12f-12r. although with my next service, I'll likely go for uprated springs from Swift (they make kits compatible with the Buddy Club RSE3). That aside, I'm likely to get the Seeker swiveling spring mounts for the rear as well.

I'd started off with some 17" SSR Type C's on this car, then put on my Gram Lights 57Xtreme STD spec rims for a while after I'd returned the old rims to the previous owner. After that, I'd decided to get the same rims in the SP Spec - my favorite rims, just with the little window cut-outs. It took a while, but I finally sourced a pair of original Feels FD2R wide fenders and after putting it on, I'd gone back to my original staggered setup, with some updates - namely, I'd gone from massively stretched 225 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres up front to the much better fitting but still slightly stretched 245 Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I can't people enough how good the PSS really is, but, it's one of the best tyres around in terms of all round performance, durability and even shoulder profile.

As I was doing the wide fenders, I also took the opportunity to install the Spoon fender braces on the car. These sit right under the fender and secure at the door hinges as well. They made a pretty large difference to the stiffness of the chassis and the sharpness of the car in corners. I'd had a set of Summit ones installed on my previous car so having felt FD2s with and without them, I'd say that fender braces from any decent brand are one of the best chassis upgrades you can get for this car.

This picture shows the contrast between the profile of the front rims and the rear with the staggered setup. I did contemplate going with the even more extreme face 3 of the Gram Lights 57xtreme, but that would necessitate getting the 10.5j and even wider rubber. I felt I didn't need that much more traction, so I stuck with the 9.5j fronts and 8.5j rears.

[IMG][/IMG]

Along with going back to 18" rims for the car, I was able to upgrade the brakes - I'd sourced a set of Brembo GT 6 pot monobloc brakes for the car and finally had the rims needed to put them on.

On the square profile rims, the fit was so tight, it was a bit unnerving...

So another benefit of going with the much wider front end was that the brakes had a lot more breathing room...

With the brakes, the pedal motion is everything. The stock master cylinder mounts on the firewall which is still not quite as stiff as it should be. Even with the brake lines being fully upgraded - I'd gone with Hel stainless steel brake lines front and rear, the brakes still didn't feel super positive when braking at the limit. The brake master cylinder stopper solved this. This little metal plate installs in a pretty inconspicuous spot in the engine bay, but this little thing does wonders if you're having some vagueness at the brake pedal.

The car's interior was okay but not quite perfect. I'm still working on it, but the first order of business was to get my CF interior sorted. I'd gotten a set of CF panels done with Robson design for my old car. I managed to get that set back from the new owner so they went back onto this car. Now, 6 years old, the CF interior panels still look as good as the day I bought them. I complemented the CF interior with a CF Mugen gear knob and also had work done for the shifter unit. I tried plastic units from the likes of Buddy Club and Mugen in the past, so this time, I knew I wanted something with a bit more adjustment and which also felt more sturdy. I was down to either the K Tuned or the Hybrid Racing shifter. I'd tried lots of Hybrid Racing parts in the past and had no doubts about the shifter. It was every bit as good as I'd expected. it's definitely on the top 3 list of parts I've put on this car.

Robson Design also did an amazing job of doing up a custom flat top and bottom steering wheel for me. They wrapped it alcantara for the finishing touch. It's one of the parts of the car I really really enjoy. extremely comfortable to hold and also has that extra centering strip up top and the additional leg clearance that make it excellent for track or just a brisk trip down the expressway.

For seating, I had a Bride Japan Zeta III seat ordered - and when it finally came the stock seat made way for the bucket and what a world of difference it made. I had Bride Cugas for my previous car, but a full bucket is loads more supportive. The CF shell and black alcantara finish was a perfect compliment to the rest of the interior. The stock pedals were also very badly worn, so I had a set of Mugen pedals installed. I started off with replica Mugen pedals because I couldn't wait... but after months of searching... I finally found a set of original ones! (EPIC WIN) I had a set of those for the automatic previous and I have to say, they make a huge difference. I'll have a few shots of thse coming when I can find the time.

I'm not really much into in car entertainment, but I do like having my phone hooked up to the car - so the Pioneer headunit does a great job of this. It's a Pioneer AVH-X5750BT. It sits around second-tier as far as Pioneer multimedia head units go. They had the 8750BT at the time, but as someone who isn't a serious audiophile, I figured I'd save the extra quid on more go fast bits. It does almost everything you could ask for in a modern head unit and syncs beautifully with the phone to handle calls, music and the all important GPS. My phone (which is incidentally about as big as phones can get - it's a Sony Tablet Z3) handles almost everything - in due time, I'll likely sync it up further with the car via a little Defi kit that I have got planned. I promise to have more details on this later.

The engine monitoring is handled by the Defi set of gauges and displays - right now it's a Defi Advance BF in Amber and the Defi ZD. I hope to get a Defi Display F going forward, but for now, these two really do a great job of keeping tabs on heat levels and so on - incidentally, I should mention that because it's got a pretty nice shift meter built in, I no longer needed to get one of those clunky Defi tachometers with the shift lamps! Bonus!

The engine bay was in a pretty sad state when I took over the car. My first order of business was to sort out the fueling and ignition system. To do this, I'd gotten myself brand new NGK Racing spark plugs to replace the Denso Iridiums. That seemingly small change made a world of difference as the car really started to wake up. To improve responsiveness, I also had a set of Toda light weight pulleys installed, along with a change from the HKS open pod intake to a Skunk 2 intake. After an engine tear down and clean up, I also took the chance while the was down to spruce up the valve cover - I had it spayed Candy red with some color blocking in White and metallic black.

The final set was to get some of the other covers in the bay sprayed and then get the CF intake manifold and spark plug covers done together with the radiator cooling plate also in CF. For now, the engine bay is mostly restored. still a bit of work to go, but it's more or less there.

With the clutch wearing out, it was time to change yet again. I had previously been on an 8-puck clutch from some brand I can't as yet recall. The markings were completely worn out by the time I'd taken it off. Just in time too - the clutch was starting to fade.

The clutch was starting to fade so, a timely replacement came in the form of a new shipment of Ogura Super Single clutches. With the extra horsepower, the previous aftermarket 8 puck started to wear a bit faster than expected. I had considered getting a like for like replacement, but Kai managed to convince me of the merits of getting the entire clutch and flywheel replaced.

The Ogura is a brilliant upgrade. After the initial bedding in period and some getting used to, the has that fantastic bite you need when you're launching or working down gears rapidly. At the same time, you get that fantastic "ring-ring" sound that some people will love (drivers) and others will hate (pretty much everyone else). Compared to the 8 puck I had on previously, you don't get that excessive judder when moving off, this is one of the best reasons I'd had for changing the clutch too - its got fantastic bite without compromising streetability. The flywheel has shed a bit of weight too - it's down about 20% over the stock which, along with the short shifter and upgraded hydraulics on the pumps (more on that in the next para), meant that shift times dropped a fair bit too. One downside is that the lightweight flywheel does carry a lot less inertia, you feel it when you see how quickly the revs drop after you disengage the clutch, but its made up for it in so many other ways. I did get some initial questions about whether the car was spoilt, but after they got used to the fact that the car was simply "changed" the questions stopped.

Along with the clutch, I'd gotten a master cylinder upgrade from Hybrid racing and a slave cylinder with modified internals - both had their innards replaced with steel ones to cope with the extra load the aftermarket clutch puts on the hydraulics. The clutch hose was also likewise upgraded to a set from Seeker. Stainless steel and color matched red.

Apart from an upcoming upgrade to the car's LSD and synchros, I'd say the transmission is pretty much sorted for now.

Out the back end, along with the custom made trunk and Voltex Type 5 mount, I'd sourced a Feels rear diffuser (all items sourced from Carbon Teknics). To help relieve any pressure in the back end, I also had an RSP rear cutout diffuser done. Getting everything to work together was a bit of a pain, I'll probably have to get the bodyshop to do a bit more work for me when I visit them next but so far it's worked well. The rear end feels really planted at high speeds now. The only laments are that maybe you lose a little bit of that thrill factor that you normally get when the rear end starts to float out during corners - I'd trade that for extra speed going into the corner any day of the week - and the tyre wear out back is up compared to when I was on the stock spoiler (that's wear the PSS shines really - I'd been on similar GT wings on my previous car and many tyres I'd been on failed to last quite as long on the back).

The exhaust on this car is one of the oldest specimens in the country. The funny thing about Toda exhausts is that they sound better and give more power as they age. This current example has had 7 owners (!). The sound is almost unbearably drony for most, but at the higher RPMs, it sounds absolutely bonkers. I'll try get a sound clip done some day. The diffuser did need a bit of work to work with the Toda exhaust, but that's also been sorted with a change of the bushings and some dremel work.

I'll try to get a few more pictures up with the DSLR before I post the rest of the details on the car. Sorry for the poor picture quality on some of the pics - cameras on phones are rarely much good.

This is a little teaser pic - I took this with my good friend - he's got one of the cleanest builds around. A nice comparison between the original look and the look with aftermarket aero on...

Last edited by CX-R; 30th March 2016 at 03:10. Reason: Updated
Thank You to CX-R from 3 Users:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 29th March 2016, 09:41
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,143 Times in 3,839 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
what an awesome project, well done.

Some mighty tasty upgrades too
Thanks to Farqui from:
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 29th March 2016, 22:23
Supporter

Lovely project.

The FD2 is a very rare car over here. They have gone up in value over the past few years.

There is a couple of photos not working for me on your post?
Thanks to froshtyv from:

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 30th March 2016, 03:13 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks Frosty! I made some edits, hopefully the photos work now! The situation's pretty much the opposite here. The FD2R is really common. FN2Rs are a lot less so. It's fun to see how you guys get on with your FNs over there.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 30th March 2016, 08:20
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX-R View Post
Thanks Frosty! I made some edits, hopefully the photos work now! The situation's pretty much the opposite here. The FD2R is really common. FN2Rs are a lot less so. It's fun to see how you guys get on with your FNs over there.
There would have been mostly dc2's, ek9's and dc5's over here. The fd2 would have come out when recession hit so nobody had 20k to spend on an fd2.

Some of the pictures are still not working for me?
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 30th March 2016, 10:32 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hey Frosty! That's a pretty interesting point about the timing of the FD2R's release. We had a pretty odd situation here because we'd had the FD2R come out around S$110K (GBP 56k~) with the local taxes etc - yeah Singapore has the most expensive cars in the world (our dumb luck). and when it dropped to S$90k at one point, that was seen as a bargain(!). So around about that time, people started snapping them up. This coupled with the fact that the 8th Generation JDM Civic (Civic FD) was the most popular car here at the time, and lots of parts were interchangeable, meant that the Civic FD was pretty much everywhere. It is still a very common sight on the road, but numbers are starting to dwindle as the COE on these cars starts to expire and the cars get scrapped - cars here are on 10 year leases for use on the road, every 10 years or so, you have to renew the COE and that piece of paper costs around $50k-60k most times (it's started to drop as the economy's taken a bit of a beating lately, but it's not expected to go much lower than $30k).

Anyway, that aside, the sad thing is that many of those classics like the EGs, EKs and DCs are getting rarer and rarer. We get a few reads like Japanese Performance Magazine over here which give us a bit of an insight into how tuners in the UK are doing their cars. It's quite insightful really!

Over here we have so many restrictions that it's hard to do much to the car without running afoul of the authorities. I'm curious about the situation in the UK. Do you have a lot of restrictions there?
Thanks to CX-R from:
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 31st March 2016, 23:00
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX-R View Post
Hey Frosty! That's a pretty interesting point about the timing of the FD2R's release. We had a pretty odd situation here because we'd had the FD2R come out around S$110K (GBP 56k~) with the local taxes etc - yeah Singapore has the most expensive cars in the world (our dumb luck). and when it dropped to S$90k at one point, that was seen as a bargain(!). So around about that time, people started snapping them up. This coupled with the fact that the 8th Generation JDM Civic (Civic FD) was the most popular car here at the time, and lots of parts were interchangeable, meant that the Civic FD was pretty much everywhere. It is still a very common sight on the road, but numbers are starting to dwindle as the COE on these cars starts to expire and the cars get scrapped - cars here are on 10 year leases for use on the road, every 10 years or so, you have to renew the COE and that piece of paper costs around $50k-60k most times (it's started to drop as the economy's taken a bit of a beating lately, but it's not expected to go much lower than $30k).

Anyway, that aside, the sad thing is that many of those classics like the EGs, EKs and DCs are getting rarer and rarer. We get a few reads like Japanese Performance Magazine over here which give us a bit of an insight into how tuners in the UK are doing their cars. It's quite insightful really!

Over here we have so many restrictions that it's hard to do much to the car without running afoul of the authorities. I'm curious about the situation in the UK. Do you have a lot of restrictions there?

I have watched a video online regarding the situation with cars in Singapore. (High prices and the COE)

Im from Ireland but the system is similar between the two countries.
In Ireland new cars do not have to be tested for the first 4 years. From then its every 2 years and then when the car is 10 years old it is tested once every year. A test costs 55. It will check bushings, lights brakes, tyres etc.
So a decat will fail the car on emissions. For older cars the emmission test is not applicable.

You can keep your car for as long as you want here, so there is a wide variety of imports here. The prices on cars has started to go up again here. 3-4 years ago you could buy EK9's from 3000 and DC5 from as low as 6000
It is more expensive to import a car from Japan than it is to buy locally. But you will get a better condition car from Japan.
Thanks to froshtyv from:
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 1st April 2016, 03:02 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Yeah Frosty... Thanks for sharing!

That video pretty much sums it up! It's quite remarkable that the modified car scene here is as strong as it is, in spite of the numerous challenges that people in this scene face, they continue to modify their cars. Considering that cars here are essentially on a 10 year lease, what this means is that any modifications you put on will technically only be yours for the remainder of the time the car has a valid cert. It's scary to think that over here, the piece of paper can be many times more expensive than the car itself. So every modification is essentially on a timer. That's one reason why the value of cars in Singapore is almost always on a depreciating curve.

We have some of the world's strictest restrictions and enforcement regimes, as mentioned in the video, we even have officers roaming the streets with one of their chief missions being to catch people who are on illegal modifications. Having said that, generally as long as you modify your car within the boundaries you are okay. The rules on modification here make sense in some areas, but much less so in others. Still, for all its worth, the strict laws and high taxes mean that in general, we don't get the kind of gridlock during peak hours that is often associated with highly urbanized areas.

I'd often toyed with the idea of exporting my car to return it to the country as a track car, but in all likelihood, like many FD2R owners here, we enjoy the car so much we're likely to simply pay yet again to keep the car on the road for another 10 years. However, as the car ages, it will be more and more expensive to keep on the road and perhaps that is why in Singapore, you will find that rare gems like the Skyline GTRs and NSXs are a darn rare sight. The vast majority of cars here are all aged 10 years or less.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 1st April 2016, 07:17
Supporter

Car: 2011 1.8 Si 5dr
Very nice car, and great pictures! Droool!
Thanks to Oljo from:
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2016, 09:02

Please fix that problem with photos I can see just photo with your wheel, its really nice wheel but i need more Your first project was awsome, so i want to see yours FD2r I am trying to find Feels diffuser in Ireland or Uk but i think it is impossible, only import from japan. What offset are you using on the wheels??
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2016, 10:36 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Technical Gremlins - Photos not working

Hi guys,

Sorry about the problems with the images. I think it's an issue with the hosting. Can I ask what images you are seeing and which ones are not turning up at all?

I count maybe 21 images in the post. Are those all turning up?

The wheels are 18 X 8.5 +45 for the square setup and widened to 18 X 9.5 +30 on the Feels Fenders. I just came back from Japan not long ago and had a trip to Feel's itself. I will try to post pictures from that trip when I can. I can only say that they kinda liked this build too and that the Japanese do really amazing work. I saw their latest Fit and CR-Z demo cars. Mind blown. Type-One Garage was also super awesome, as was Seeker, but my highlight that trip was definitely Feel's. I'll be heading back again not too long from now, if you need help sourcing, let me know.

Meanwhile, I will try and sort out the photos and find time to put up some pictures of the interior. Thanks for the feedback and props! Love what you guys are doing with your cars over in Europe - I'd have gotten an FN2 if the aftermarket support had been better - it was, after all, the only officially distributed Type-R at the time. My friend has one, but he's a shy fella and rarely lets me put of pics of his car.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2016, 11:48

I am using Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet for uploading. You have to log in first and then you can upload photos and you can copy direct link for forums. Show us your car
Thanks to przemek from:
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2016, 13:24 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

The interior...

Hi and sorry about those technical hiccups.

I'm testing out a new image hosting method. Anyway, here are a couple of shots of the interior of the car. It's mostly done by Robson Design in Singapore. They have a Japanese setup as well so do hit them up if you're looking for some work on your CF parts. They rank among the most expensive of the companies doing CF here, but, as even their rival companies do admit, they are the best. His CF panels were on my old car, these were one of the things I transferred over - that makes them over 6 years old (wooohoo!)

Anyway, credit where credit is due, they did a few things that really made my day - including making modifications to the Mugen meter hood that I was originally using. In order to get them to fit with the dash panels that were sent for wrapping, he had to make some modifications and even had the weave matched for direction etc. In addition to that, the stock Pioneer surround panel (which basically covers the gap around the headunit's front panel and the 2-Din itself came in just a plain black plastic. Robson Design wrapped that in CF, had it cut to size so it fit just right. We even have a visor over it so to cut out the glare from the sun. Their attention to detail is marvelous so kudos to them.

In this car, Robson did the two dash panels, meter hood, center console, handbrake level, door control panels, AC vent garnishes and the glove compartment lever and the steering wheel. That wheel is actually the second version I'd done for the Civic. My first one was sold with the previous car. It's a reshaped wheel with a flat top and bottom that I first asked them to do about 6 years ago, around the time of the panels. I liked the old design so much I had it replicated for this car with some adjustments for thickness around the main parts I hold it at. After the contouring, they had it wrapped in alcantara and finished off with a CF centering marker and red stitching. It's also another of my favorite bits on this car and holding it never gets old. The original leather one was really torn up from when I got this car and the circle shaped leather wrap wheels just didn't have the kind of feel I wanted. This wheel feels luxurious and sporty at the same time (is that even possible?). I'd say the seating and all the bits for the interfacing (i.e. steering, braking, clutching etc.) with the car feel perfect for me - all this has really added to my attachment to the car.

I'm contemplating finishing off the job by doing the pillars next - but only after I get the audio shop to make a set of custom pillars to house additional gauges for me. Anyway, that's still a ways away and not critical as yet.

The gearknob is a Mugen CF piece - another nice change for me - similar weight to the stock, but a lot nicer to hold - the CF never feels harsh on the hand and doesn't get cold to the touch. I had a bit of a thing for Mugen interior parts at the time so that center panel also had a Mugen sticker off their original decal pack pasted on it. I found a mirror cover (not pictured) that was a replica piece I'd found from a local stockist too - that one was a small and cheap thrill that worked since Mugen's original one didn't come with a CF finish, at least not locally.

The driver's seat was changed as mentioned to a Bride Japan Zeta III, I managed to get a set of the tuning pads to tighten up the fit and to protect the sides from abrasion. I later added a head pad and lumber pad to support the head and back for track use, but later kept them on because they turned out to be quite comfortable for daily use too.

Pedals were swapped for Mugen ones - superb grip and a lot more durable than the rubber knob sports pedals that come stock with the car. These are on my list of favorite modifications on this car, I can't gush about them enough.

The seats brackets are reinforced with another power brace - this time from Summit - it's an aluminum monocoque peace and one upgrade I'd highly recommend over options from brands like Ultra Racing and Cusco because their interior pieces are almost always either 2 piece or made of steel. These hide right under the carpet and out of the way.

So what's next? Well, I'm planning to do a complete makeover of the roof liners and pillars. Will redo the roof liner in Alcantara and pillars in CF, plus maybe a few extra surprises depending on what and who I can find to do it. I'll be happy to hear your thoughts as I get closer to finalizing that part of the project. Also better pictures hopefully from my camera. For now, the camera phone pics will have to do.

Cheers!

Last edited by CX-R; 3rd April 2016 at 04:12. Reason: Added details about the wheelchair
Thank You to CX-R from 2 Users:
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2016, 21:04
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,143 Times in 3,839 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
What a great looking interior, good job.
Thanks to Farqui from:
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 6th April 2016, 17:58 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

The 7k itch...

So every 7 thousand klicks, the car usually needs to go scratch that itch. I brought her for a usual round of maintenance at the garage. The engine oil I use primarily is Motul 300v - butter smooth response and pretty hard-wearing too. Had some engine treatment done along with a change of oil filter to a Mugen one (they finally had stocks again!) and a change of my drain bolts to Spoon pieces - after my earlier clutch change during which I had the Spoon transmission bolt done, this time it was time to discard my old drain bolt for the new Spoon one.

Speaking of those Spoon bolts... the gauss rating on them is quite something, here's the thing is just sticking to the subframe. Will try to post a pic of them at the next servicing.

After the mechs gave the car a good once over and oil flush, the car was good to go so it's another 7k to the next change of fluids hopefully! Ahhh happy days!
Thank You to CX-R from 3 Users:
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 6th April 2016, 18:18
Supporter

Car: 2007 CW FD2 Type R
Excellent read, thanks for sharing
Thanks to Polk-FD2 from:
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 7th April 2016, 03:12 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polk-FD2 View Post
Excellent read, thanks for sharing
Likewise! I love the pair of Type Rs you have! They're immaculate! I'd have loved to get my hands on a DC5R, but over here, it's pretty hard to keep more than one car due to parking constraints - my estate doesn't have enough parking as it is and we have a limit on the number of spare cars we're allowed to park. I love how you managed to keep them so well. Take good care of them! I've driven a DC5R before, it's an amazing car in its own right and does give a pretty difference experience to the FD2R. It's magic that you have both!

Cheers!
Thanks to CX-R from:
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 8th April 2016, 19:40

Car: Champ white FD2 type R
Garage
nice read mate .
Thanks to Jstyle from:
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 13th April 2016, 22:31
Supporter

Car: FD2, white
Loving the civic! I also love the wheels

Did you get the carbon interior from Robson Design? It's just that I couldn't find much on the website as the FD2 interior is a bit basic
Thanks to bananas_33 from:
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 14th April 2016, 09:30

Car: 2009 FD2R, Black
Sweet bro! I am from Singapore as well!
Thanks to nesta38sg from:

Civinfo > Civic Type R > FD2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page