Car: Dc5 Arctic blue
More pics you need to upload..especially the mugen gauges 👌

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks to mark2390 from:
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 8th April 2016, 20:11 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: Champ white FD2 type R
Garage
thanks, the car was owned by a lad called simon frood , who did a build thread on the car but it was stripped back to almost standard, the car has mods as follows....

ADDITIONAL FEATURES INC:
MODULO DRIVING LIGHTS
MUGEN WIND DEFLECTORS
MUGEN ASSIST METERS (OIL TEMP, PRESS AND WATER PUMP)
MUGEN SILL ENTRY PLATES
MUGEN QUICK SHIFT GEARSTICK
J'S RACING DIFFUSER
J'S RACING BAFFLED SUMP PAN
ACT STAGE 1 CLUTCH
DO LUCK BRAIDED HOSES
SILICONE COOLANT HOSES
REAR WINDOW TINTS
EIBACH/SPC REAR CAMBER ARMS
KENWOOD DOUBLE DIN DVD/IPOD HEAD UNIT
SUB FRAME POWDER COATED
FULL UNDERSEAL

few parts on my list to buy ... js racing system , js racing front lip in carbon , set of alloys , the car feels amazing compared to my fn2 and ep3 , I would never go back these cars are amazing

Last edited by Jstyle; 8th April 2016 at 20:14.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 8th April 2016, 20:14
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 5 door i-shift
I like very much
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 8th April 2016, 20:20 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Thank You to Jstyle from 2 Users:
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 9th April 2016, 00:51
regrets his username

Car: 1.6 focus RS
Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,217 Posts
Nearly purchased this myself
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 9th April 2016, 09:35
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,143 Times in 3,839 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
My word, that's a schweet replacement for the FN2.

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 9th April 2016, 10:16
Supporter

What makes this superior to an fn2 ? Brakes,lsd,more bhp are all the obvious things, but how about the weight looks like a big car.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 9th April 2016, 10:44

Car: 2007 FD2R, CW
The FD2 carries it's weight quite well actually - it's surprisingly lighter than the hatchback - 1260 for the FD2R vs 1320 for the FN2R - and thanks to its longer wheelbase, lower height and double- wishbone rear end, it's got a bit more traction and stability than the FN in corners, especially in rougher sections, off camber corners in the FN2R are a lot more tricky because of that rear torsion beam. Until the FN started coming with LSDs it also lost out a lot more in corners.

However, it's not all bad though and the FN is superior to the FD in, any many ways. Anyone who has ever sat in the FN and then FD will notice what a phenomenal downgrade the FD interior is compared to the FN. I know because the first time I sat in one having sat in my friends FN just the day before, I felt this huge sense that they must have assembled the thing from parts bought out of Tesco Value. The dash is functional and we'll arranged, but the plasticky interior is evident everywhere in the Japanese Civic. The saving grace is the quality of the seats and upholstery which is why most Fd owners here go through some lengths to customise or redo their interiors. The British have that going for them, that futuristic dash on the FN is streets ahead of the somewhat cheapish dash of the Fd2, that's for sure. Design wise, the FN took a lot more chances than The FD which basically looks just like some garage took a garden variety Civic and added a spoiler and some fancy kit, put in a legit VTEC engine and called it a type R. For what it's worth, I still love the FD2, I just though it would have been nice to have a bit of the styling touches the European Civic had at the time.

As a city car, I daresay the FN might be a better bet, my FD has a terrible turn radius and this is even before I changed rims and track. My friends FN was a cinch to park in even the tightest of lots and the shorter wheelbase makes it easier to slalom through traffic.

I think it boils down to what people want from the car. The Fd2r was basically built as a track toy. The FN2R seems to have been done as more of all rounder especially those who reside in cities. Either way I love both and would be happy to have both in my garage.

Thats just my 2 cents.
Thanks to CX-R from:
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 9th April 2016, 11:12 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
nice read that mate , I really loved the drive of my ep3 it felt so good to drive I didn't want to sell it as I loved it , but I started to see a lot of young chavs driving them, so I went for the cw fn2 as its not as common also I couldn't afford the fd2 , the fn2 ..yes has a better dash ects but I would never go back I love my fd its a great looking car very nippy ( that was a surprise to me as you say it is a bigger car but feels so light , the cornering is great again as you said its built for the track , I didn't like all the faults that come with the fn2 either I was fed up with little niggles i.e. clutch squeal, rusty roof , rusty door tops, behind the rubber seals ,the green on the rear lights , wing mirror stop folding , wheel arches pop off over bumps , once lowered gear sync I can go on , as for the fd2 I cant find a fault yet ,but then again I've only owned the car 2 months ,I think who ever has owned ep3 fn2 fd2 then you can say which is the better car in its own way for me all 3 have good points but the FD2 is still the better car in my eyes . but like you said I prefer better seats than what I have , as for the dash I like it a lot even though its very plastic .
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 9th April 2016, 12:31

Seems that the FD came in lighter than the FN partly because the 4 door design actually saves weight on the heavier hatch as used on the FN. The Fd2 also comes with a thinner than normal rear windscreen. Then you also have the use of adhesives and spot welds on the body that make the FD2R stiffer than a normal FD and so on. All in, it's a stiffer car then the FN so those who already had complaints about the FN's ride comfort never gave the Fd2 a second look here.

Having said that, I guess those issues you highlighted about the build are certainly going to give some pause to those thinking of getting the FN2R. I still prefer the Fd myself. It's a bit more hardcore and spartan, but that adds to the charm of the car and it's extremely easy to sort out with aftermarket parts. I strongly recommend some weight cutting parts at the front as a start. A vented carbon bonnet will lighten the front while also helping the cooling. That was one of my first few changes.

Anyway, welcome to the club, you have a really exciting build coming along.
Thanks to CX-R from:
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 9th April 2016, 15:41 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
cheers mate , I must say I do like the lightweight bonnet with vents, my mrs is very supportive of modding the car but I have 3 kids also lol so I'm limited to what I can buy for now , but I deffo want one , I saw a js racing carbon fibre on ebay for 350 ono but needs slight repair is this a good price ? I'm in the process of saving for the js racing system bit of a budget system but reviews seem good .you seem to know your stuff regarding the fd2 so any info is greatly appreciated thanks . jon
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 9th April 2016, 18:48

No worries mate! Happy to share what I know - at the same time, lots of stuff to learn about you guys as well. The J's Racing bonnet is pretty common in Singapore, so whatever I'd say about it might be slightly biased. I had one before myself - that was on my first FD2. Plus points are that it is probably the most aggressive looking bonnet out there. Cooling is also quite good thanks to the rather large vents. The downsides to it are that it can look a bit overdone after a while. That aside, the exposed vents do mean that the engine bay tends to get dirty and weathered pretty fast. They have 2 versions - the version 2 isn't as distinctive as the version 1 though - that centralized vent on the version 2 just doesn't seem to have the right "look" for a J's bonnet. In any case, If you're going to be getting a few more J's parts to complete the look, I'd consider going with the J's bonnet and eventually maybe the J's bumper with the canards. The rear diffuser would match that very nicely IMHO.

As for exhausts... do you guys have any restrictions or requirements over there?
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 13th April 2016, 08:33
Supporter

Here's my bonnet but you probably already seen it, it's a seibon
uploadfromtaptalk1460532725916.jpg

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 13th April 2016, 10:40
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstyle View Post
cheers mate , I must say I do like the lightweight bonnet with vents, my mrs is very supportive of modding the car but I have 3 kids also lol so I'm limited to what I can buy for now , but I deffo want one , I saw a js racing carbon fibre on ebay for 350 ono but needs slight repair is this a good price ? I'm in the process of saving for the js racing system bit of a budget system but reviews seem good .you seem to know your stuff regarding the fd2 so any info is greatly appreciated thanks . jon
I was looking at this one it's been on a good year or more..didn't want to take the chance on it as looks like crash damage..thought it was expensive for the damage that needs repairing

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 13th April 2016, 22:34
Supporter

Car: FD2, white
You got a very well looked after car!

I was wondering what readings are you getting from the gauges after a spirited drive?
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 15th April 2016, 18:55 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananas_33 View Post
You got a very well looked after car!

I was wondering what readings are you getting from the gauges after a spirited drive?
too be honest mate I havnt paid much attention lol

Civinfo > Civic Type R > FD2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page