Fitting a Personal(Nardi) Steering Wheel,What Bits ?? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 5th May 2016, 12:51 Thread Starter

Fitting a Personal(Nardi) Steering Wheel,What Bits ??

Just wondering what other bits I need,have a new steering wheel in the post wanna order the other bits to like the boss and quick release unit,want slimline parts if possible so the wheel isn't too far away from instruments! Also do I need a resistor to stop my airbag light coming on? It's for a 2009 FD2

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10th May 2016, 12:25
Supporter

Car: Oct 2006 Type S GT 1.8i-VTEC
I have a works bell short hub and quick release on my s2000. You will also need something similar only specify when buying it's for an fd2. If going for a quick release you must get a short hub or else your wheel will be far too close to you.
If you don't opt for the quick release then a standard size boss like the works bell is what you want.

NRG are a good deal cheaper but are copies of the works bell stuff. I'd definitely recommend works bell. Quality is second to none.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 27th June 2016, 00:30
Supporter

Car: 2008 Civic Type-R CW Edition
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidy View Post
Just wondering what other bits I need,have a new steering wheel in the post wanna order the other bits to like the boss and quick release unit,want slimline parts if possible so the wheel isn't too far away from instruments! Also do I need a resistor to stop my airbag light coming on? It's for a 2009 FD2

Thanks
Hi Aidy.

For a quick release you need from Works Bell:

Short Boss Kit. Part no: 223S
Then the choice of hub. Blue, Red, Black etc.

If you go normal hub then Works Bell part no 224.

Be careful though, some Nardi wheels have a different bolt config to the universal standard.

And to answer your question regading airbag etc. Works Bell hubs come with a resistor to cancel that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmit View Post
I have a works bell short hub and quick release on my s2000. You will also need something similar only specify when buying it's for an fd2. If going for a quick release you must get a short hub or else your wheel will be far too close to you.
If you don't opt for the quick release then a standard size boss like the works bell is what you want.

NRG are a good deal cheaper but are copies of the works bell stuff. I'd definitely recommend works bell. Quality is second to none.
I second that. NRG hubs are shyte. Nowhere near the quality of the Works Bell Rapfix series..

Civinfo > Civic Type R > FD2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page