2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1.5 MT Civic Sedan Executive

16K views 89 replies 15 participants last post by  xenon04 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, after 8G and 9G tourer that is my new baby [smilie=hearts.gif]

Civic Sedan Executive 1.5 VTEC TURBO MT Lunar Silver Metallic
better resolution album https://www.flickr.com/photos/99751302@N03/albums/72157665538922389

mods:
tint: LLumar 20% rear + ceramic on sunroof
oem trunk try
oem guard nuts
oem floor mats Elegance
sill plates
chrome on rearview mirrors

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Hmm I ordered the boot liner with movable spacers, I wonder how practical that will work out. Your solution looks quite practical too.

#11 · (Edited)
Congrats on the purchase. How do you like it so far? Built in Turkey, correct? Is there an engine bay hood liner/insulation present (one of these https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2B3TL53p9yo/maxresdefault.jpg the black liner on the inside of the hood)?

Reason I ask, is the ones I'm seeing here at dealers in Germany lack them although the trunk/boot lid is lined. As far as I know important for sound insulation, possibly paint protection from heat. TIA

#12 ·
peniole: thx, I love that car :love: motor, design, shifting...
You are right, a sedan for Europe is produced in Turkey [smilie=thumbup.gif]
my dealers say they have more time to build one vehicle than in GB
there is no reason to fear worse quality ;)

I attach photos of the trunk and hood

Attachments

#13 ·
peniole: thx, I love that car :love: motor, design, shifting...
You are right, a sedan for Europe is produced in Turkey [smilie=thumbup.gif]
my dealers say they have more time to build one vehicle than in GB
there is no reason to fear worse quality ;)

I attach photos of the trunk and hood
Thank you for the reply and images. I figured the same, that they would have a longer build time as they're no where near capacity. I initially tried it with a CVT, it did not win me over. Today I finally got to ty it with the 6MT. What a difference! Can be relaxed and quiet for daily diving and a complete animal come twisty roads :grin2:

Have you passed your break in period/distance? If so, have you tested it's limits?

A couple of things that bothered me in the tester, it only had 1000km but at around 4k RPM, on a smooth road I got a buzzing sound from the passenger side of the dashboard. I hope you haven't heard any noises, buzzing, squeaks, rattles?

The dashboard felt more solid on the hatch, then again my 8th gen UK built civic had dash noises :frown2:

Second thing was the glovebox was bare plastic inside, so anything hard in there would cause noise. The hatch is felt lined for the 1.5L models. Please tell me the executive's glovebox is felt lined?

Do you know where your engine and transmission were built? US car stickers normally list all that information by law, no such luck here. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks again.

#14 ·
peniole: I tried MT and CVT in civic - CVT is not for me, yet :smile: I like shifting and honda manual shifting is perfect [smilie=superkewl.g:
For suv or diesel I would probably choose CVT :smile:

After 2000 km, I did not hear any rattles (only on rear plastic deck when radio play huge bass at high volume)

Glove box is inside covered by textile, storage space in the door is plastic ;) (I do not know if it's the same for comfort and elegance)

Attachments

#15 ·
10 or 8 speakers?

According to the spec sheet from Honda, the executive gets an upgraded stereo system with 465w and 10 speakers. For some reason the hatch gets 11, anyway. Finally saw a couple of executive civics at a dealer today. I only count 8. Pointed it out to the dealer who couldn't believe it. He tried counting several times, got into the car to look, still couldn't find the 2 missing speakers ?

In the US touring model, they have tweeters in the rear doors as well if I'm not mistaken. Not in the ones I saw yesterday.

#16 ·
sedan executive 10 speakers - 1+2+2 in front and 2+2+1 in rear

one center in dashboard
two tweeters in front doors
two speakers in front doors
two tweeters in rear deck
two speakers in rear deck
one subwoofer in rear deck

hatch 11 speakers
5 front speakers same as sedan
6 rear (3 pairs) speakers in doors

Attachments

#19 · (Edited)
Thank you, I'm impatient. 3 months would have been too long for me.

I've been reading the US manual before it comes, since it's supposed to be a global car. Had a couple of questions for you:

1. Do we get a spare tire with jack or tire repair kit?

2. Do we get the small sliding tray in the center console? (people in Germany buying the hatchback have said this is missing, but I remember seeing it in a demonstrator vehicle but not sure)

The one in the second image:

#21 ·
Thanks. I expected the spare wheel to be replaced with the TRK.

Not cool from Honda on the missing tray though. Especially that the track, as I can see from your picture, is there. How much did that save them? It was a good place for change. Will ask my dealer extra nicely to source one if it's missing.

#24 ·
Interesting - the Type R motor uses 0W20, so I was expecting the normal cars to run on that as well.

I'm at 1 month and around 4600 km - no change planned so far. I'll go as the lights will pop up at some time in the future... I also asked my dealer and he mentioned that an early oil change is not necessary.

#25 ·
1.5T uses 0W20 too, but honda allows alternatives 0W30 and 5W30 in manual (my dealer also recommends 0W30 or 5W30) :top:
I think it's better choice for engine life than thin, environmentally friendly 0W20 as same as early first oil change (each engine part is made with manufacturing tolerance, all these parts must "sit" on each other with increased friction in the first kilometers. The little waste from this friction remains in the oil, I believe the early oil change will be better for the engine life)

#27 ·
My dealer told be they currently only supply oil directly from Honda for the Type R as they don't have a real alternative yet, but a guy from LiquiMoly took a sample with him to figure out what's different about standard 0W20.

Haven't seen any oil usage on my car yet - also my late FK3 didn't use any oil I could measure.

About setting in the engine and an early oil change - that's where belief starts to creep in nowadays. I trust Honda so far, which haven't mentioned an early oil change or driving in the engine in a special way other then being gentle with it for the first 1000 km.
Sure, changing early won't hurt - that is for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.