2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

My Poor Black

S-Black 
3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  ADE Type S 
#1 ·
Last night going home on the M6 and some ****ers engine undertray hits my car. No room to swerve break or avoid it. Gutted, initially it looked like scratched bonnet, wing, and broken mirror.

Today the car was assessed and it's worse, damaged windshield, dented bonnet, dented offside wing, dented offside door, damaged mirror (clean off), and possibly bent blade alloy

See less See more
#5 ·
Repairs are looking at over 2k sounds weird but the car might end up being a write off its got 120k fshh & i am gutted it all happened so fast spoke to coppers yesterday after it happened and they are useless!!!

If it ends up being a write off then thank god I have gap insurance..... I work for a PI firm and will be persuing a claim for my shoulder so hey

#8 ·
Nope no chance of the reg.... gap insurance is there to cover the gap brtween what the insurace co pay out and what you paid originally for example insurance pays 5k and you laid 12k the gap insurance will cover the difference

#7 ·
Gutted mate, that's no fun.

Under trays are more trouble than they're worth, they're held on by the crappiest fixings considering how easily they can be ripped off by road debris, which in turn creates a bigger road hazard.

Hope it doesn't hammer you too much.

#10 ·
Main thing is mate your ok, difficult I know seeing your pride and joy damaged like that through no fault of your own. With the payout no doubt another civic you can pride over.

Every cloud and all that.

Reactions: esse-esse
#13 ·
Thanks guys .... just had news from the bodyshop they will be repairing her apparently bill comes up 2.5k.

#17 ·
Gutted for you mate! That looks a fair bit of damage, your lucky it didn't smash the windscreen as well. At least you are ok though.

Reactions: esse-esse
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.