S-Red Daves Milano Red CTS-gt (Aka Sexy Lexy) - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th January 2014, 06:11 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2008 Honda Civic Type R GT
Garage
Daves Milano Red CTS-gt (Aka Sexy Lexy)

Thought it was time I started a project thread for Lexy! She's a 2011 Civic TypeS-gt. Bought her just under a year ago from my local Honda Dealership (Western) with 15.000 miles on the clock. She had 1 previous owner from new (Honda Swindon) and looked mint!
Before she even left the dealership, I'd ordered up a TypeR rear spoiler for her. But the one they fitted looks smaller! So it will be upgraded in the future!
Here's a couple of pics of her at the dealership before the spoiler got fitted (excuse the pics, done with my phone!)
IMAG0402.jpgIMAG0403.jpg

So got her home and took a few more pics!

To be continued...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th January 2014, 12:33
Banned

Thanked 1,378 Times in 1,315 Posts
Car looks stunning. Looking forward to future updates
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th January 2014, 12:39
Carbon Addict :)

Car: '59 CTR GT Milano Red
Looks nice mate.

Whereabouts in Scotland are you?

I've a Milano red carbon wrapped bonnet in the shed if you fancy it at some point
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th January 2014, 12:49
Supporter

Car: CTR FN2, Milano Red
Very smart! Will you be going for a full type-r conversion?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th January 2014, 13:06

Looks good. How you find dealing with Western?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th January 2014, 13:13
Supporter

Car: 2007 2.2 type S GT-T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-civic View Post

Before she even left the dealership, I'd ordered up a TypeR rear spoiler for her. But the one they fitted looks smaller! So it will be upgraded in the future
Car looks great. Just out of interest though is the spoiler you had fitted the type s one and are you upgrading it out of your own pocket. It just sounds like honda made a mistake to me!?!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th January 2014, 18:20 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Thanks for the comments! Might have a look at that bonnet at some point mate, need to get other mods done first though!
Would love to upgrade to an FN2, been out for a test drive in one, loved the power increase, but didnt think it was worth my while forking out all the extra dosh on. But would love to bring Lexy up to TypeR spec though (obv without the engine lol) So looking for quite a few parts!
Western have been good mate, got to know most of the people in there and theyre all really helpful. Usually get a wee discount on stuff too, which is always nice. The only prob I had with them was when I first bought the car. I had it a week, noticed loads of flaws in the paint where it had been "blown in" to repair stone damage and scratches. Took it back and didnt see it again for 7 weeks! Was really annoyed, but to be fair, it wasnt their fault. It was Honda in Swindon that held things up arguing who was going to pay for it. All came good in the end though!
Regarding the spoiler, I didnt realize until a wee while ago, so too much time has passed to do anything about it, which is a pitty. Cost me plenty to buy it, and have it fitted! But if you know anyone selling some typeR parts let me know

Got more pics to upload but my laptop isnt playing ball. She's had a few wee changes since the above photos!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 7th February 2014, 14:09 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Ok, so update time. Been a lot happening with Lexy, just had her 1st mot and sailed through it. Also got her the 25.000 mile service done, so she's in rude health.
Recent purchases are 4 new Avon Tyres, really impressed with the grip of these in the wet and in the dry, bang for buck great tyre!
Always wanted wind deflectors too, and found a set which don't actually go into the window channel, but go on the outside. Was a bit sceptical at first, but the fitment of these is really good! And they look good too!
P2060003Sexy-Lexy-Civic-FN1.jpgP2060004Sexy-Lexy-Civic-FN1.jpgP2060001Sexy-Lexy-Civic-FN1.jpgP2060002Sexy-Lexy-Civic-FN1.jpg
Added some TypeS side decals courtesy of Gerry on here, top quality and look amazing! Forgot to take a close up of them, but you can see them in the pics

Also did a little mod with the TypeS tailgate badge. I remembered someone on here commenting that they felt the badge on the rear of these always looked kinda unfinished, being all chrome instead of chrome and black like the TypeR badge. I know Gerry on here does vinyl to cover this, but decided on changing the badge for OEM TypeR one. I cut the "R" off, and replaced it with the "S" so now the badge looks a lot neater imo. Just a small detail, but the wee ones add up to the overall look.
P2060005Sexy-Lexy-Civic-FN1.jpgP2060006Sexy-Lexy-Civic-FN1.jpg

Next up was the head unit double din conversion. Bought the kit from Hondabitz on here, really nice bit of kit. So all the steering wheel functions, and the climate control display all still work.
Decided on the Pioneer AVH-3500DAB unit as I wanted DAB radio in the car, a touch screen, and also the option of sat nav. Didnt realize at the time the sat nav unit is seperate, so cost another £379 for that unit on top of the £279 I paid for the head unit! Bit of a con really, but hey ho it's done now! Although I hit a lot of problems along the way when fitting these two units (explained elsewhere in the ice section of the forum) glad to say it's all up and running. Really love this head unit, being Pioneer the sound quality is superb, even running the standard speakers. The bluetooth function (built in Parrot blue tooth) works brilliantly, really clear, and the Sat nav is going to be really handy! Here's the pics of finished install
P2060009Sexy-Lexy-Civic-FN1.jpgP2060010Sexy-Lexy-Civic-FN1.jpgP2060013Sexy-Lexy-Civic-FN1.jpgP2060014Sexy-Lexy-Civic-FN1.jpg

Can even see the wee TypeS logo I bought from Gerry for the centre console. Again, just a wee detail, but one I like! Also added a leather gear gator and a TypeR alloy gear knob.

Next plans are wheel upgrade to either TypeR FN2 alloys (Refurbed in either original silver or white) or a set of Rota Grids in white >>>
Alloys | Skidz Still undecided!

After that, I'd really like to change the rear light units to FN2 spec, then see about getting a full Mugen body kit for her. Window tints are also on the agenda, and possibly slightly lowering her.

Oh, and need to get the rear bumper repaired after some **** in a car park thought it would be really cool if I came back to find theyd hit my car and took off!
P2060007Sexy-Lexy-Civic-FN1.jpg

Really love driving this car, great handling and adequate power for what I need. Comments welcome

Last edited by Dave-civic; 7th February 2014 at 14:47.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 7th February 2014, 14:43
Supporter

Car: 2007 (57) Milano Red FN2 GT
I properly love that centre console mate. Good work!

I have a very similar scuff on my back bumper, and it bugs me every time I see it So I feel your pain.

Great progress though matey
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 9th February 2014, 14:04 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Thanks mate, got lots more to come
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10th February 2014, 17:06
Supporter

Car: 2010 1.8 3 Door, Milano Red
Beautiful ride! Keep up the good work
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10th February 2014, 17:20
Administrator

Car: Jaguar F Type V6S
Thanked 4,052 Times in 3,479 Posts
Very nice indeed Dave
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10th February 2014, 18:03
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 Type-S, Vivid Blue
Very, very nice!!!
Looking forward to watching the progress!!!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 30th June 2014, 05:20 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Well, update time. After a lot of thought, The TypeS got sold today (well traded in!) and I went and done it! Bought a sweet alabaster silver TypeR GT! It's also fitted with the optional "rage?" alloys (the polished ones, think they are 19's?) Just got too many cars, so also selling my beloved MB6. I needed a car that had all the fun things the mb6 had (handling power etc) but wanted something that had all the toys and creature comforts that the FN1 had, along with the safety the FN1 had. Twas my girlfriend who suggested on Sunday morning "why not sell both and get a TypeR!" LOL she was soooooo right! So plan hatched Sunday morning, TypeR bought by 4pm!! cant wait to get it, but now got to uninstall the double din touch screen pioneer and satnav, after taking ages to fit em! They'll be going straight into the FN2.........let the new story begin!!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Gallery (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page