2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Mafia Honda Civic 1.4, "PIMPED" ...

Wheels 
8K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  FWH 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey

Just finished cleaning my car. Used the loverly Maguairs (SP) products as usual.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive tire

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Spoke

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Mid-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Sedan

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Wheel Rim

Trunk Subwoofer Auto part Vehicle Audio equipment

Spec:
1.4SE
Twin Exhaust
Apline SoundSystem
Honda Image Pack
OZ Micheal Angelo 10's + Pirelli P Zero Rosso tyres(Soon to be 18" Mazati
Chromes)
Honda Metal pedals
Xenon Front lights (Mint!)
Blue Interior LED lights
Tinted Window's.
(Had its first ever service yesterday:), So its running abit smoother now<3)

Your Comments please. :)

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Looks good, but wondering how much you spent on it! With the installation of the exhaust, the image pack, the front fogs, the xenon lights, the alu pedals, the wheels, stereo, etc etc, whould it not have been cheaper to get an 1.8 ES or EX?!?!?!!?

EDIT: TTdegs, the picture are fine this end....

#4 ·
I would get 1.8, but insurance would be to much for me, as Im only 18(N).
I got the the image pack,fog lights, and alu pedals as an ungrade when I ordered the car.
I got the wheels/tyres a few months after I got the car. (£1100)
After this, I got the window tinted ( £190)
Sound system ( £1200 including custom box and all the kit/fitting)
Exhaust (£450 I think)
(Xenon bulbs £19, buy one pair get another free!!! www.powerbulbs.co.uk)
Blue LED interior lights £10

#6 ·
hey danko i love your 1.4 ive had alloys, chrome bits etc put on.

i would like to do more but i think i will sell it next year for a new car, probably another civic i guess.

i will only be 18 next year two i was wondering how much are you paying for your insurance? im paying 2500 as second driver etc.

did you get a qoute on a 1.8 out of intrest.

thanks for any help

#7 ·
My insurance is £1300 per year, fully comp, 2nd driver also, Im with Zurich.

I am concidering of trading this car in, in 2 years time, for the type R, so I dont actually really wanna do much more to it, but its hard, when temptation comes upon:p

#11 ·
I can see the pics now too! :D

and very nice they are - great job Danko :D

Just wish I could have afforded £1300 insurance when I was 18 :(
i just wish i can get that instead of what im paying now, thats an amzaing deal if still alot for an 18 year old.

#13 ·
I would think that putting 18" on you wont get any insurance as Honda say it will muck up the VSA and not to do it

#14 ·
Exactly...

I often wonder about all these cars that are 'pimped' if they are insured or not. The basic car might be covered, but as soon as you start making these mods unless the insurer is made aware you are not insured.

That is not good for you or the poor person you may have an accident with, as they won't be able to claim from your insurance.

If you change anything from the manufacturers standard spec you have to notify them. I added 17 inch wheels to my New Beetle and it bumped my excess up to £300 regardless of what type of claim I made. Even if it was not a claim regarding the wheels I still had an increase in my excess from £50 to £300.

If I had not notified them and tried to make a claim they would have invalidated my insurance as I had not fully declared the details of the car.

You have to be 100% above board with insurers as they will try to wriggle out of a claim any way they can.

Ian

#16 ·
I see we have not had a response about the insurance on this car.

Have you informed them of all the mods you have made?

The wheels alone are enough to justify them declining a claim on your insurance if you have not told your insurers about them.

Ian

#17 ·
You know what guys? I have to thank you lots for this; I was going to get alloys and didn't know at all that I had to inform the insurer, I thought it was only for "performance" mods.
16" (same size) alloys will add £350 on to my insurance; which is me not getting alloys! Maybe next year when I have 1yrs no claims and I'm 25 (and no, I'm not accident prone - I've only been driving a year)

#18 · (Edited)
Only to happy to help.
Many people make the mistake of changing their cars from manufacturers specs and don't inform their insurers. It can be a very expensive mistake as you are in reality not insured. This makes you liable for prosecution for not having insurance and liable for all the costs if you do have an accident or loss.

Insurers will always ask the question "Have you modified the vehicle" and you must always say yes if you have changed anything. Even upgrading the HiFi to a non standard spec can be seen as an increased risk by the insurer. And if it is an increased risk and you did not inform them, you are not covered.

The reason behind all this is the 'risk' being taken on by the insurer.
They know the risk for the standard car, but as soon as anything is changed the risk also changes and therefore the insurance premium due.
Also the cost of the vehicle is different with the added items, something that should also be stated in its value when asked.

If you have a £15,000 car and you add £5,000 of extras then if you don't declare the value as £20,000 they can invalidate your insurance (saying that you tried to get a cheaper premium by underestimating the cars value) OR they will limit any claim to the value insured. Meaning if the car was stolen and not recovered you would only get a maximum of £15,000 and lose the £5,000 of extras.

Ian

#19 ·
The mods on the car should'nt affect me that much I think, the car is on my dad's name (Cheaper insurance), so his will go up? not to sure, Il ask him.
On the first month on having this car, some old women went straight into the side of this car, and everything was sorted within a week.
:confused:

#24 ·
Hi Civic_Fan
That kit i so sick. I have it my self on my Civic 1.8 iVTEC, iShift, Nighthawk Black. In Sweden it´s named Grand Prix :rolleyes: And it´s a optional Honda original kit.

#26 ·
btw just came back from the dealers not long ago. Asked about the chrome exhaust trim for the 1.4 model and said its not available even as a spare !!! After all i don't really want to change the exhaust at all just open up the rear triangles and fit in a chrome trime around.

Any suggestions on where to find one or what to do now ?

#30 ·
#31 ·
quote from danko:

My insurance is £1300 per year, fully comp, 2nd driver also, Im with Zurich.

I am concidering of trading this car in, in 2 years time, for the type R, so I dont actually really wanna do much more to it, but its hard, when temptation comes upon:p.

----pretty good, managed to get £1600 for 1st name driver and im 18 too, very happy

#35 ·
Just want to point out that this is an old thread and Danko has not only sold this Civic, but also the one he had after this.

Connection for the remote for the amp has in some cases been made to the 12V outlet in the boot.

For further ICE suggestions, try seeing In Car Entertainment - Civinfo Wiki

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.