Silver Alabaster Silver Metallic with 18" Rims - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th May 2006, 09:09 Thread Starter

Alabaster Silver Metallic with 18" Rims

Hi all... New at here so my first post will be my own Civic hb.
You can find pics from car from here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2330183
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th May 2006, 09:16
Galaxy class starship

Send a message via MSN to Copycat
Tervetuloa!

I just realized I had already seen these pictures. Looks very nice in any case!
Different rims than what were used to seeing here.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th May 2006, 09:29
Smell My Cheese!

Get that back to the dealer, the steering wheels on the wrong side.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th May 2006, 09:35
Galaxy class starship

Quote:
Originally Posted by richierich
Get that back to the dealer, the steering wheels on the wrong side.
I'm sorry. You must be mistaken. That's the way it's supposed to be. Just like you should be using meters and kilograms instead of your own system of old and outdated feet, yards, pounds and stones.

But seriously, why must you drive on the wrong side of the road?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th May 2006, 09:39
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to basegreen
Do I need to explain why the left is the correct side to drive on AGAIN?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th May 2006, 09:42
Galaxy class starship

Quote:
Originally Posted by basegreen
No. I'll just go to wikipedia to check it out.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th May 2006, 09:46
Smell My Cheese!

Apparantly they used to drive on the left in Sweden, then decided that they would change over, so on a specific day at a specific time everybody parked up, and when the radio told them, they all swapped sides of the road, or maybe thats just an urban myth.

Also, Volvo chose not to patent the seatbelt so that mankind would benefit. I'm glad I work for the Swedes too!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th May 2006, 09:52
Galaxy class starship

Don't know about the specifics. They did change from driving on the left to doing so on the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Sweden had left-hand traffic (Vänstertrafik in Swedish) from approximately 1736 and continued to do so well into the 20th century. Despite this virtually all cars in Sweden were actually left-hand drive and the neighbouring Nordic countries already drove on the right, leading to some confusion at border crossings. The Swedish voters rejected a change to driving on the right in a referendum held in 1955.

Nevertheless, in 1963 the Riksdag passed legislation ordering the switch to right-hand traffic. The changeover took place on a Sunday morning at 5am on September 3, 1967, which was known in Swedish as Dagen H (H-Day), the 'H' being for Högertrafik or right-hand traffic.

Since Swedish cars were left-hand drive, experts had suggested that changing to driving on the right would reduce accidents, because drivers would have a better view of the road ahead. Indeed, fatal car-to-car and car-to-pedestrian accidents dropped sharply as a result.
I'm sure you were just dying to know all this.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th May 2006, 09:53
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to basegreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copycat
Quote:
Originally Posted by basegreen
No. I'll just go to wikipedia to check it out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Hand_Drive
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th May 2006, 10:03
Galaxy class starship

Yes, was just reading that.

Quote:
Advantages

* With a right-hand-drive car, given that most people are right-handed, the less coordinated hand is used for changing gear and operating dashboard controls, leaving the more coordinated right hand free to steer. Driving on the left avoids the difficult combination of steering with the left hand and changing gear with the right hand and at the same time viewing the oncoming traffic with the left eye.

* It is more common to be right-eye dominant. Traffic flows in a clockwise direction when driving on the left which enables right eyed people to use the right eye to see oncoming traffic. When overtaking on a right-hand-driving road the right-eyed driver looks in the outside mirror with the left eye and also views the oncoming traffic with the left eye which is not suited to the majority right-eyed people.

* When reversing and looking over one's shoulder, the driver is able to keep the more coordinated right hand on the steering wheel in a right hand drive car. This also enables easier viewing through the rear window.

* When driving on the left, right-handed people mount bicycles from the kerb, who find it easier to put their right leg over the bicycle. This keeps a right-handed bicycle rider out of the stream of traffic.

* Research in 1969 by J.J. Leeming showed that countries that drove on the left had a lower accident rate than countries that drove on the right. Some countries that have switched to driving on the right (for example Sweden) saw their long term accident rates increase by more than any increase in traffic volumes. It has been suggested, but not proven, that this is partly because most people are right-eyed, and are therefore better able to judge the position of oncoming traffic when they see it on their right.

Again to get back on topic, nice looking car! Are those rims from Honda? Or did you buy them separately?
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th May 2006, 10:09
Smell My Cheese!

I'm left handed, might be time to leave the country.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th May 2006, 10:13
Galaxy class starship

Quote:
Originally Posted by richierich
I'm left handed, might be time to leave the country.
You would be better off here on the continent. Safer for you and those riding with you in your car.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th May 2006, 10:17 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copycat
Again to get back on topic, nice looking car! Are those rims from Honda? Or did you buy them separately?
I bought rims separately and are not Honda's , They are O.Z. Racing Superleggera 8/18" ET 45mm. Tyres are 225x40x18.

ET is changed from 55 to 45 and rim width changed from 7" to 8", but still IMO handling is more better than with orginal 17" wheels.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th May 2006, 10:30
Smell My Cheese!

Copycat, good suggestion, might avoid Finland though, spent 8 weeks there about 10 years ago, you all drive like nutters, and most of the roads are mud tracks, no wonder you all think your rally drivers. Mind you I was up country, don't know what the cities are like, I only spent 12 hours in Helsinki, 4 hours on the day I arrived waiting for a train, and 8 hours the day I left waiting for a plane. You have a nice public transportation system, couldn't comment on the City though!!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11th June 2006, 13:25
Galaxy class starship

Quote:
Advantages

* With a right-hand-drive car, given that most people are right-handed, the less coordinated hand is used for changing gear and operating dashboard controls, leaving the more coordinated right hand free to steer. Driving on the left avoids the difficult combination of steering with the left hand and changing gear with the right hand and at the same time viewing the oncoming traffic with the left eye.

* It is more common to be right-eye dominant. Traffic flows in a clockwise direction when driving on the left which enables right eyed people to use the right eye to see oncoming traffic. When overtaking on a right-hand-driving road the right-eyed driver looks in the outside mirror with the left eye and also views the oncoming traffic with the left eye which is not suited to the majority right-eyed people.

* When reversing and looking over one's shoulder, the driver is able to keep the more coordinated right hand on the steering wheel in a right hand drive car. This also enables easier viewing through the rear window.

* When driving on the left, right-handed people mount bicycles from the kerb, who find it easier to put their right leg over the bicycle. This keeps a right-handed bicycle rider out of the stream of traffic.

* Research in 1969 by J.J. Leeming showed that countries that drove on the left had a lower accident rate than countries that drove on the right. Some countries that have switched to driving on the right (for example Sweden) saw their long term accident rates increase by more than any increase in traffic volumes. It has been suggested, but not proven, that this is partly because most people are right-eyed, and are therefore better able to judge the position of oncoming traffic when they see it on their right.

However, after spending last week in Malta driving a local Kia Picanto, I must say that these points are not as important as the fact that what You have gotten used to. It took a few hours to get used to it, but once I got the hang of it it was as natural as driving on the right. Traffic was a bit 'mediterranean' but that was to be expected.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 1st November 2006, 10:39 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

It were quite nice weather yesterday
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31102006099.jpg (30.6 KB, 610 views)

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Gallery (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page