Galaxy Civic at the holiday home - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th October 2008, 17:01 Thread Starter

Civic at the holiday home

Pic taken at our weekend hoilday home, i wish !! Castle in background is Lough Eske Castle Hotel in Co. Donegal where we stayed past 3 nights for our wedding anniversary. The civic did not look out of place at all in a car park full of so called superior German manufactured cars
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIV.jpg (79.6 KB, 215 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th October 2008, 17:12
Wine and cooking !

Car: 2008, Grey Mica 1.5 Materia
A lovely place for a civic ! and for a wedding anniversary. I've had a look on the web !!! Congratulation
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th October 2008, 17:14

Very nice, same colour as mine!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th October 2008, 17:26
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)

Car: 2007 1.8 'Executive' (EX)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 831 Posts
Cool German cars ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergs View Post
Pic taken at our weekend holiday home, I wish !! Castle in background is Lough Eske Castle Hotel in Co. Donegal where we stayed past 3 nights for our wedding anniversary. The civic did not look out of place at all in a car park full of so called superior German manufactured cars.
Over here, I have been having lots of 'banter' with my Norwegian colleagues re their overwhelming preference for 'VAG' and 'BMW' cars ...

I tell them that Honda make superior vehicles (for lower prices when comparing 'spec' with 'spec') and ask them (in my very best Basil Fawlty mode \ voice) "don't you remember the war ?" ...

Their normal response is - "well, Japan was on the 'other side' as well" - which I counter with "actually, I don't recall that Japan ever invaded Norway !" ... well, everyone has to have a hobby, eh ? ...

p.s. - a Civic always looks 'in-place' ... style always tells ! ...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th October 2008, 17:42 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Derek Riddell View Post
Over here, I have been having lots of 'banter' with my Norwegian colleagues re their overwhelming preference for 'VAG' and 'BMW' cars ...

I tell them that Honda make superior vehicles (for lower prices when comparing 'spec' with 'spec') and ask them (in my very best Basil Fawlty mode \ voice) "don't you remember the war ?" ...

Their normal response is - "well, Japan was on the 'other side' as well" - which I counter with "actually, I don't recall that Japan ever invaded Norway !" ... well, everyone has to have a hobby, eh ? ...

p.s. - a Civic always looks 'in-place' ... style always tells ! ...
Very true JDR !. At one point, it was sitting beside an Audi A4, a Merc S Class and a BMW 5 Series. I`m obviously biased towards the Civic but in terms of style it certainly stood out, and that was it unclean after navigating the mountains of Donegal. Only thing I would have took from the German machinery was the suspension for those roads !
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th October 2008, 17:46 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by l-noel View Post
A lovely place for a civic ! and for a wedding anniversary. I've had a look on the web !!! Congratulation
Thanks Noel, yes its a very special place, although you definitely need a specially sized wallet after staying in it!, don`t think my bank manager will be too happy. Is definitely for special occasions only, or for those that can afford to drive Merc S classes !
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th October 2008, 18:41
TYPE R GT (R-15016)

Nice.................I,m jealous

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Gallery (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page