Other I got to use my fog-lights already! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 8th February 2009, 23:32 Thread Starter
Noodle-slave

Exclamation I got to use my fog-lights already!

And they were more or less useless. But at least the car looked good

This picture is lying though. For some weird reason it only shows the real thick part a few meters ahead, but it was a lot foggier than this for the eye! Cars, busses, trucks and insane cyclists just popped out of the smoke right in front of you when you least expected it. And I almost drove straight through an intersection in 65-70km/h because I really couldnt see it, if it wasnt for the lights of another car that passed through it just as fast a few seconds before me. That was kinda scary

I dont know how it is in UK, but here this type of fog is just as uncommon like snow is in your country

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 8th February 2009, 23:36

We get plenty of that!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 8th February 2009, 23:55
Supporter

You don't say which fog lights you are refering to. Looking at the photo then you should have had your rear fog lights on, but your front fog lights would have been useless durring the day, so should not have been turned on. Your standard front headlights would have been suffucent to allow other traffic to see you.

Front fog lights are designed to be used at night and are intended to provide illumination without the light reflecting off the fog back at you.

Next time slow down a bit, 65-70 Km/H is too fast when you can't see that far ahead and most important of all, DO NOT follow the car in front of you, keep you eye on him, but follow the road, the driver in front of you will have the same difficulty seeing as you and if he misses a corner he may end up running off the road and if you are following him, you'll end up in the field behind him or worse.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 8th February 2009, 23:56
R-2
geekess

Car: 2010 Mugen 200 Type R
Send a message via MSN to R-2
yes we do i'm afraid . Fog is almost as common as snow is for you. I'd rather have the snow anyday.
You don't get to have a day off for fog
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 9th February 2009, 01:00 Thread Starter
Noodle-slave
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 8o] View Post
You don't say which fog lights you are refering to. Looking at the photo then you should have had your rear fog lights on, but your front fog lights would have been useless durring the day, so should not have been turned on. Your standard front headlights would have been suffucent to allow other traffic to see you.

Front fog lights are designed to be used at night and are intended to provide illumination without the light reflecting off the fog back at you.

Next time slow down a bit, 65-70 Km/H is too fast when you can't see that far ahead and most important of all, DO NOT follow the car in front of you, keep you eye on him, but follow the road, the driver in front of you will have the same difficulty seeing as you and if he misses a corner he may end up running off the road and if you are following him, you'll end up in the field behind him or worse.
I had a feeling you were all fog-experts over there All we get to learn is "if it's foggy, turn on the fog-lights". So I just hit every button I could find with the fog-light icon on.
That's another thing that had me quite confused on the Civic, all the options with the fog-light! The manual just couldnt say "Press this button to turn them on". On the Volvo S40 I used to drive there were only two buttons, one to switch the front fog-lights on/off, and one to switch the rear on/off. Simple!

But yea, I was probably driving a little too fast a few times. But I was at least still following the speed-signs compared to the other cars who kept passing me even in this weather! With this traffic, I'm almost more scared of getting hit from behind because I'm driving too slow

Well, anyways, I'm gonna take a closer look at the manual before the next fog and figure out how the lights work. Thank you for the lesson though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-2 View Post
yes we do i'm afraid . Fog is almost as common as snow is for you. I'd rather have the snow anyday.
You don't get to have a day off for fog
Agreed! Snow still has a lot more cosy feel to it

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Gallery (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page