• 1 Post By olliewills

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10th October 2016, 22:46 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2010 2.2 iCTDI EX GT NH737M
Garage
My new daily drive!

So, yeah, this happened on the weekend!

My '59 1.8 CTS now has a friend to play with, yay!

Specs are:
2010 (59) Polished Metal FK3 2.2 EX GT
36,000 Miles
Colour-coded bumpers, SatNav, Bluetooth HFT, Parking Sensors, HID + Headlight Wash, Heated Leather Seats

I spent most of Sunday (~7 hours) giving her a full Meguiars detail and apart from the odd stone chip she's come up lovely. I really like the colour and it feels quite unique(to me at least) since I've not seen many around. I'll post more pics as soon as I've had time to clean the interior. I only managed the exterior on Sunday before I ran out of light so the pic above is from work this morning. I'll need to spend some quality time with the wheels at some point also before winter really sets in.

This is my first diesel so I'm still trying to work out the best way to drive her. It feels very odd only having 6,000 RPM to play with but I'm getting the hang of it and really enjoying the torque! On that note, if anyone feels like donating some diesel driving/care/economy/fuel tips I'll gladly accept them! I managed not to fill her with petrol at my first visit to the pump yesterday so I'm counting that as a win!

She has primarily been purchased to coincide with the arrival of our first baby in a few weeks time but she's by no means just a family workhorse. The CTS will hopefully be finding a new home in the coming weeks as we simply don't need two cars. I don't have any major mods planned for the derv in the immediate future but I'm well-aware of what's possible(). I'll probably start off gently with a lighting upgrade and then go from there. Expect to see a mod thread appearing soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11th October 2016, 06:15
Supporter

Car: 2012 Black mk9 2.2 i-dtec
Garage
Very nice looking sir, your derv will only rev to 4.5k but you'll soon learn there is no need to go up there, let the torque do the work, you'll soon find you won't be passing 3k rpm very often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Farqui likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11th October 2016, 07:07 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icklemonkey View Post
Very nice looking sir, your derv will only rev to 4.5k but you'll soon learn there is no need to go up there, let the torque do the work, you'll soon find you won't be passing 3k rpm very often.
I was going to say, I don't think I've even gone past about 2k as yet and she's done everything I've needed of her. Just need to un-learn my petrol driving habits i guess.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11th October 2016, 07:45
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,144 Times in 3,840 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
That's a great looking car and a low miler too

For the derv my advice would be to not constantly overload the clutch, it's Achilles heel. Try not to demand lots of throttle from low rpm in high gears, as this is certain to shorten clutch life.

To get good mpg from her don't be afraid to change down a gear and use a few more revs but at a lighter throttle. Try and keep rolling too as stop/starts will quickly drag down mpg.

Otherwise enjoy.
olliewills likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11th October 2016, 08:07
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
Face lifted EX-GT's are the best 8G's IMO... The top of the range Civic with all the bells and whistles. Great family car and motorway crusier... Enjoy!

BTW... Thats a very low milage! One previous Owner?
Farqui likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11th October 2016, 08:38 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Thanks both!

I had noticed i was spending a lot more time down in 3rd/4th than I'm used to with my CTS but that was where she felt happy and the change/eco meter seemed to agree. I'll make a point of changing down rather than giving her more throttle in 5/6th.

Yep she's one previous lady owner(if you discount the dealer I just bought her from). Looking at the service/MOT history she'd spent a couple of years only doing like 3-4k and i think the most she did one year was about 7k. she will need some new pads/tyres at some point but I can handle that. I'm currently trying to decide between RainSport 3, Sport Contact 5 or Eagle F1 AS2/3. Think I'm currently favouring the Sport Contact 5.

I doubt she'll need it yet but I'm considering popping the EGR off to give it a clean or at least see how dirty it is. I'm also considering switching from Morrisons diesel to something 'better'. I would have liked Shell V-Power but there just isn't a shell station anywhere near any places I go regularly. I think it'll end up being BP Ultimate or more likely Esso Synergy as I drive right past two Esso stations every day!
Farqui likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11th October 2016, 08:41 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bog View Post
Face lifted EX-GT's are the best 8G's IMO...
I do miss the look of my CTS grille though. Might be a future mod if time/money allows.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Gallery (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page