Got this amazing car a little over a month ago with 110k mileage.
I am a fairly inexperienced driver for a 27-year-old, had my first car (2003 Peugeout 307) for my birthday in February this year. Glad I did as I learned quite a few things about driving before I got a better car. Never been into cars in my teens and early 20's before I actually got a driving license at 23. Funny enough, I learned driving on a MK8 Civic and I really enjoyed it, pretty sure it was petrol though, but it was a perfect car I had over 30 lessons with it!
Now to my new Civic, I really can't get enough of it. I have to admit I would prefer petrol as I'm a bit on faster driving side, but this one is very economical (average 46mpg, half town half motorway) and pulls like a train on a motorway - I rarely have any competition. Not a race car, but motorway performance is astonishing (handling is great too).
- Stunning 17 inch alloys, not sure who of the 3 previous owners installed them but they look fabulous! Being an inexperienced guy (and a bit of an idiot too) I already kissed the kurbs so there are scratches on them :/ First thought to go with a cheap ebay dye but then decided to wait till I get the money to properly repair them.
- No knocks and bangs, owners took care of it, it feels solid for its age
- Pre-facelift model so no USB, but luckily previous owners put in an iPod connector, so all I had to do was to buy a iPod -> 3,5 jack adapter and now I can listen to anything I want from my phone
- GT version so great looking trim, panoramic roof and stylish black interior
- Full service history with every single slip and check in place
- It's Honda Civic!
- Interior looks quite a bit worn, the car spent a lot of time on the motorway so seats and armrest look quite used. Already fitted a red Mugen gear knob (I know the colour stands out, but i actually like it more!)
- Trim was in a bad shape, very very worn out, but I used the Wurth Plastic Dye just today and it already looks better (see photos)
- Something wrong with the battery, it went flat the next day I bought the car, and now half the time it shows engine error. I got the battery checked at Halfords and they said it was fine. Sometimes when I start the car it doesn't start straight away and it almost feels like ignition 'drops' for a second before starting. I'm noob so no idea what it means, will get it serviced soon.
- Some paint issues on the wing, but nothing too major, although I would really like to get the car properly valeted and the paintwork redone so bring back the shiny and glossy colours.
- Again, pre-facelift model, so no Sat Nav, but I don't really care since it's 2018 and my phone does all the things. Installed a magnetic phone holder, same as one I had on Peugoeot, and it's just perfect.
- Nothing else comes up to my mind to be fair, the car is perfect.
Things I would like to do:
- Change the front grill. I really want a carbon fiber one (with no logo). Current one I don't really like, looks dated to me.
- Paintwork improved (though no idea yet how its done)
- Stage 1 remap
- Ideally refurb the interior, but that would be too costly.
- Clutch seems fine, but the breaks are pretty weak, had to get used to them. Worth changing.
- Type R spoiler, though current one looks fine
And now for the best part - the photos! On the last photo you can see the result of applying Wurth dye on a trim, though not being the smartest guy out there I've left some dye on the paintwork ;/