S-Silver Will's '07 Type S 2.2 CDTI - Civinfo
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By WillG1995

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 23rd September 2018, 15:20 Thread Starter

Car: '07 Type S 2.2 CDTi Silver
Will's '07 Type S 2.2 CDTI

Having lurked around on this forum and wanting one of these for a while I finally picked this one up a couple of weeks ago. She's a 2007 Type S 2.2 CDTI with 153k on the clock and pretty rough around the edges, but I love the car and just wanted to say hi and show it off!

This is the for sale pic from the previous owner.

However when I picked the car up it was much filthier than that. So a good wash, wax and dry was had.

Sadly while doing this I noticed how many problems there are with the paint. So many chips and scratches that need fixing. So hopefully I'll be able to document fixing that here! The insurance company aren't a fan of changing much on the car sadly, but next weekend I should be picking up a mesh grille. I've already stuck some Heko wind deflectors on, which seem pretty nice, and had a go at wrapping the trim around the shift knob, which didn't go so well. All the silver/grey interior plastics are in pretty poor condition so a wrap or spray job is on the horizon for those. I grabbed a Type S gear gaiter which I think should have come standard as the naked look of the lever isn't for me, and some car mats as none came with the car! The knackered shift knob has to go too, not sure what to swap it out for yet though.

The lack of aux in is really starting to get to me, my last two beaters had it! I've ordered a Yatour BTA from china which is taking an eternity to come. Does anyone know if I'll need a splitter to plug it in? I'm not sure if it's meant to come with one or not!

Edit: Fixed pictures.
Farqui, rob.e, The_b3st and 1 others like this.

Last edited by WillG1995; 23rd September 2018 at 16:32.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Gallery (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in