Red Hendys 2.2 Type S - Civinfo
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 2nd May 2019, 21:47 Thread Starter

Hendys 2.2 Type S

So folks time to post some pics, of recent purchase.

Little back story. I have had many many cars, last few were an Audi A5 sportback Sline black edition, terrible car, dont buy one. Got rid of it and bought a Vauxhall Insignia VX line, know them very well and in all fairness is a cracking car in auto with paddleshift, but its got to go.

https://i1294.photobucket.com/albums...psp75nkgrz.jpg

Due to financial reasons i bought the Type S GT with full GP kit from factory, full service history, i have never had a Honda before, but like them already.

Here is the Type S i bought low miles at 70k and i suppose nice enough as is, but as you can see some things need changed. These were the sellers pic, but i know i can do better for the Honda.

deni.babe, Farqui, iMZee and 2 others like this.

Last edited by HENDY; 2nd May 2019 at 22:20.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 2nd May 2019, 22:17 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

So first things to go are the wheels, i bought a nice brand new set of gloss black alloys 18x8J with an offset of 45, fills the arches a lot better now. Didnt want to go to 19s been there done that and i also wanted to retain the handling as is.

Have kept the wheels that were on just need those rim protectors taken off, have a brand new set of Uniroyal Rainsports on so aint gona be wasted.

Next i fitted Hid Xenons 4600K ac, was a real pain in the cdti but all done.

Spent 2 straight days sorting the paintwork, was ok but not up to my standard, all clay barred, cut, machine polished and sealed and waxed, water rolls off now.

Was some bad spots on/in the drivers headlight which i put down to maybe the last owner having their own Hids in and leaving the caps off the back causing condensation, external there was slight uv issues not bad , so out with the headlight, replaced then i had to sand and polish back up the external face. Look like new now.

Door handle common fault with the screws all sorted.

Engine bay cleaned looks like a different car, also replaced any missing clips etc all with Honda parts.

Wheel arches had some loose clips, all replaced and fit perfect now.

All calipers painted black.

Slight corrosion which i have noticed on many Civics wiper arms, sorted only took an hour.

I have also ordered a new set of Eibach lowering springs which will be fitted next chance along with new top mounts and maybe shocks just for the hell of it.

Will also do a full service soon as, i dont trust many dealers tbh, prefer using the good stuff myself. Knowing its done properly.

Have the grey trims to do this weekend with Wurths Plastic Trim Dye, was gona colour code but again i wana retain the Type S look to a point.

I will post progress pics when i get the chance. Sorry Guys.

Did anyone clock the private reg that was on my Audi and that will go on the Honda, it will be the perfect reg lol.

Last edited by HENDY; 2nd May 2019 at 22:40.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 2nd May 2019, 22:35
Das
i-Vtec

Car: 2009 1.8 ES
Garage
Nice looking type s fella. Image rear spoiler too instead of the expected Type R.
HENDY likes this.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 2nd May 2019, 22:37 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Teaser pic, will have more soon folks.

Farqui likes this.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 2nd May 2019, 22:41
Das
i-Vtec

Car: 2009 1.8 ES
Garage
My last car was a Vec C, unfortunately the Insignia never even made it into my short list due to me not doing the Diesel thing, the 1.8 barely managing 30mpg and them having the dreaded M32 Chocolate Gearbox. Shame because they are a nice car in face lift form.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 2nd May 2019, 22:50 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Yeah, the auto is the gearbox to go for buddy, the manuals will blow a clutch and flywheel premature, shocking really.

Have heard the Hondas have the dreaded CVT autos, same as the Audi had, nice and smooth and quick but a timebomb of a gearbox.

Auto is brilliant especially with the paddles, same as the Audi. Only thing with alot of these Vauxhalls is watch the coolant lol, am still using it for now while i work on the Civic.

Still waiting for the V5 so i can officially put on the private reg, which will really suit the civic. Should be in the next few days.

Last edited by HENDY; 2nd May 2019 at 23:03.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 3rd May 2019, 16:56

Car: 2007 1.8 i-vtec 5 door grey
I'm liking those alloys mate do you know the name of the wheels?....also could you tell me where I could find the spoiler attachment...

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 3rd May 2019, 21:17 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1988 View Post
I'm liking those alloys mate do you know the name of the wheels?....also could you tell me where I could find the spoiler attachment...

No idea on the spoiler bud, was on it when i bought it but the wheels were a good deal, tyres bumped up the price though, also brand new wheel nuts.

Got them in gloss black same as mines, silver and anthracite. Obviously the price is without tyres which depending what brand you go for will add a few £ss.

I also bought more wheels centres, honda black with red H. Still to put on.

https://www.lkperformance.co.uk/whee...nt-rear=18x8.0

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 3rd May 2019, 21:42 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Roll n tomorrow, so i can get the plastics done, wheel centres and caliper decals. As long as its not pissing down, just remembered its the holiday weekend of course it will.............

I aint looking to go mental with this car, wana keep it true to the look of the Type S, just a few twists, i always recon when it comes to selling if people see a heavily modded car it puts them off, looking for a modern subtle twist to the Type S.
Neil11 and Theo1988 like this.

Last edited by HENDY; 3rd May 2019 at 21:47.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 3rd May 2019, 21:52 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Bit like what i did to my VW golf gti 16v, still looked like a mark 2 golf with a few subtle changes.

As well as the 5 series, the Audi 3.0 vert, the list goes on and on, i have a serious issue with cars lol. Good excuse to post some of my other cars over the years, these are just a handful, last count 49 cars lol. I really need help with my car addiction lol.

After all the cars i have had, feel the honda may be my new passion.

Neil11 likes this.

Last edited by HENDY; 3rd May 2019 at 22:20.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 3rd May 2019, 22:14 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Here is someone who also only had a few subtle changes over the years

Last edited by HENDY; 3rd May 2019 at 22:56.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 3rd May 2019, 22:29

Thanks for the link mate, I'm not going crazy on styling either just a few subtle styling parts here and there.

HENDY likes this.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 3rd May 2019, 22:47 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

One of thee most important mods finally, as far as i am concerned, think will look real good on the Civic. Feels like it was meant to be lol. Been on many cars now finally on the right one.

iMZee, FergyCiv and Theo1988 like this.

Last edited by HENDY; 4th May 2019 at 08:24.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 5th May 2019, 20:32 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Small update, changed my wheel centres, they came in a matt finish which i didnt think went with the gloss wheels, s i gave them a few clear coats, look way better and protects.

Also did my caliper decals, but i aint too sure i like it time will tell.

Still waiting for my plastic dye to arrive, zzzz.

iMZee and FergyCiv like this.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 5th May 2019, 21:42

With the offset being 45, it now sits flush which makes the car look a lot better not to mention those wheels being a million times better than standard.
HENDY likes this.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 5th May 2019, 21:52 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Cheers buddy, i still have the original wheels, which are in decent nick and a fresh set of Uniroyal rainsports on, so may be a good winter option. Was thinking getting them back to brilliant silver, duno.

But yeah the new wheels sit way better, once its dropped a little on the Eibachs will look even better.

Next job though is the wheel arch trims etc, the Wurth plastic dye is obviously late due to the Monday holiday, whata pain.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 5th May 2019, 23:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by HENDY View Post
Cheers buddy, i still have the original wheels, which are in decent nick and a fresh set of Uniroyal rainsports on, so may be a good winter option. Was thinking getting them back to brilliant silver, duno.

But yeah the new wheels sit way better, once its dropped a little on the Eibachs will look even better.

Next job though is the wheel arch trims etc, the Wurth plastic dye is obviously late due to the Monday holiday, whata pain.
I ordered some Maguire's black trim restorer, after a few applications I can honestly say it's no where near good enough as plastic trim dye. Don't get me wrong the Maguire's does what it says on the bottle but if your after that jet black trim the dye is the way to go. I'll wait for your review on it...

iMZee likes this.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 6th May 2019, 22:17 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Saw this a few hours ago, check the camber.

FergyCiv likes this.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 7th May 2019, 09:44
Supporter

That's cool as!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 8th May 2019, 19:10 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Finally the Wurths stuff arrived, from a UK supplier, but you would have thought was on the the slow boat. Slow delivery times.

Now all i got to wait for is the effing rain to stop and stay stopped lol.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Gallery (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page