Other DaveK helping me fit Gruppe M - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 13:46 Thread Starter
I vtec'ed your mum!

Car: 2008 Civic Type R, NHB
DaveK helping me fit Gruppe M

Took a few pictures, nothing amazing. Was nice to see his Supercharged 300+Bhp Civic Type R!

No one ever tell me that the FN2 cant be quick! Thanks again to Dave for his kind help in fitting my Gruppe M! Really nice of him to help out another member!

Love his car!

Thanks to fonejacker from:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 13:50
J_H
i-VTEC - DO YOU?

Car: 2009 CTR, Black
Nice one! Did he take you out for a spin (warp speed) in it?
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 14:01 Thread Starter
I vtec'ed your mum!
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_H View Post
Nice one! Did he take you out for a spin (warp speed) in it?
Yeah, it makes this powerful whooshing noise as it zips along the road, achieving 69.9 mph as if its a casual walk around a park. at 69.9 MPH, the car is just limbering up... I assume it could easily do 71mph, but unfortunately, the traffic regulations limited us from achieve such speeds.

Literally, it reminds me of my dog when your just about to take it out for a walk, with leads in hand.... It got all excited and chucks itself around the road, wagging its little supercharged tail all over the joint!

Its like the vtec reborn....!

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 14:12
J_H
i-VTEC - DO YOU?

Indeed, shame there wasn't a private road or disused airfield nearby to let it off the leash...

Now you've got the Milltek and Gruppe M what do you have planned next? You had yours put on the dyno?
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 14:25 Thread Starter
I vtec'ed your mum!
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Indeed, shame there wasn't a private road or disused airfield nearby to let it off the leash...

Now you've got the Milltek and Gruppe M what do you have planned next? You had yours put on the dyno?
No not had it put on the Dyno.. Was thinking about it, but then again, you cant change what you've got, so i've decided to get everything that I want done on the car, then put it on the dyno. Hopefully during a rolling road day, so save on the moolah!

Next on list...

Flash Pro / Hondata heat shield Gasket is next on the list with a custom map done at TDI, essential really. That should be done within the next month Then debatable about getting an uprated manifold, CPL or something? But not sure how far I'm planning to go.

Was considering FRS, but for someone who likes speeds in straight lines, i don't think it should be a priority on my list. Apart from that... I dont plan on doing much more? Just want a little more power, nice noise, and I'll be happy. I'm never going to get mega speeds, being a naturally aspirated car without spending $$$ like getting it supercharged, adding turbos. I didnt buy the car to add that sort of kit, I brought the car, because I admire the Vtec, and the fact that its non-turbo, and still keeps up with most people.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 14:26 Thread Starter
I vtec'ed your mum!
** Thread starter **

Quote:

Also... not sure about the Milltek, think i need the resonated version... its a little loud than I expected. Got an option to buy the silencer for 200, or suck the noise in, and keep it...

Or.... Sell it and buy something different? Not sure.

I 50% love the milltek, and 50% hate it. cant quite decide.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 14:39
Supporter

Car: 2016 CTR FK2 GT - Milano
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejacker View Post
No not had it put on the Dyno.. Was thinking about it, but then again, you cant change what you've got, so i've decided to get everything that I want done on the car, then put it on the dyno. Hopefully during a rolling road day, so save on the moolah!

Next on list...

Flash Pro / Hondata
Get Flashpro mapped, then your get your dyno.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 14:40

Car: 2010 CTR crystal black
glad you got it sorted mate,defo worth it!
dave is a top lad,shame his car wasnt that tuned when i last saw him would love to see how mental it is now its charged
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 15:09
Supporter

Car: 2016 CTR FK2 GT - Milano
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegliobaglio View Post
dave is a top lad,shame his car wasnt that tuned when i last saw him would love to see how mental it is now its charged
Sorry I know this is off topic, whats the brand and name of your alloys?
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 15:10 Thread Starter
I vtec'ed your mum!
** Thread starter **

Quote:
It was a good purchase, but believe I will see more difference with a custom map. I think i've noticed a difference, just more pull, and better flow of power, more stable through the revs.

You cant hear the intake, unless you have the bonnet up and reving, you can hear it suck like a dyson hoover.

You could probably hear the intake, if you had the standard exhaust on, or a resonated custom exhaust, but my Milltek is so loud, I can barely hear anything!

Has anyone else got the Milltek non res on? How do you find it? May post a separate thread on it actually? It can be quiet, but slight tap of the accelerator and it wants to remind you that its there.

Its bearable i guess, and for some reason its worse at lower revs, when you hit the vtec, it sounds so much better.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 15:18
J_H
i-VTEC - DO YOU?

Quote:
...You could probably hear the intake, if you had the standard exhaust on, or a resonated custom exhaust, but my Milltek is so loud, I can barely hear anything!...

...Its bearable i guess, and for some reason its worse at lower revs, when you hit the vtec, it sounds so much better.
I quite liked the sound of the Milltek Non Res - it is one of my options on my wish list (not near the top if the list yet though) and didn't think it was too loud. Is it really that bad? I think I need to get out for a drive in one (only heard it static) at some point to hear it and decide, as I don't want it to be too loud.

If you do change what do you think you will get?
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 15:29 Thread Starter
I vtec'ed your mum!
** Thread starter **

Quote:
I quite liked the sound of the Milltek Non Res - it is one of my options on my wish list (not near the top if the list yet though) and didn't think it was too loud. Is it really that bad? I think I need to get out for a drive in one (only heard it static) at some point to hear it and decide, as I don't want it to be too loud.

If you do change what do you think you will get?
Well i'm more than happy to take you out for a spin if I'm ever around woking or if you are around Kent..(paying DaveK's favour forward).

You really need to sit in the car with a Non-Res, as opposed to hearing it on youtube etc. Its not for everyone, I am going to give it time, to see if it grows on me. I keep taking it out for a drive, but I am melting petrol at the moment.

I suppose, its just completely different from stock, and therefore, it may just take time to get used to it. I think it sounds alot worse in the car, than outside the car.

Some of it probably is physiological, when I was 17, I brought this stupid custom made exhaust for my 1.2 EH2 (Dont ask). It was so loud, its was out of this world - not in a good way.

And I guess I just don't want to be thats twaty 17 year old, and want a more grown up sounding car, rather than looking like one of these Halfrauds bad boys driving around in their corsa's.

Im just concious, and I'm sure its not to bad. I really need everyone's opinion on it, so I'd gladly take anyone out in it.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 15:30 Thread Starter
I vtec'ed your mum!
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Well i'm more than happy to take you out for a spin if I'm ever around woking or if you are around Kent..(paying DaveK's favour forward).

You really need to sit in the car with a Non-Res, as opposed to hearing it on youtube etc. Its not for everyone, I am going to give it time, to see if it grows on me. I keep taking it out for a drive, but I am melting petrol at the moment.

I suppose, its just completely different from stock, and therefore, it may just take time to get used to it. I think it sounds alot worse in the car, than outside the car.

Some of it probably is physiological, when I was 17, I brought this stupid custom made exhaust for my 1.2 EH2 (Dont ask). It was so loud, its was out of this world - not in a good way.

And I guess I just don't want to be thats twaty 17 year old, and want a more grown up sounding car, rather than looking like one of these Halfrauds bad boys driving around in their corsa's.

Im just concious, and I'm sure its not to bad. I really need everyone's opinion on it, so I'd gladly take anyone out in it.
>>> I may put up some vids shortly..
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 15:59
J_H
i-VTEC - DO YOU?

Bonus, know what you mean about not being the 17 year charva with a wideboy exhaust - but I have the HKS RSK and that truly announces itself when on full throttle in VTEC! However at low RPM and not on full throttle it is perfectly reasonable (IMO).

You're still going to the Megs seminar?? (checks list....goes to wrong section... eventually finds list and you cancelled - D'oh!!!) Sure there will be other meets to meet up at.

When I get an aftermarket exhaust I will be looking for one that is tried and tested and has proven gains (following a remap and manifold change). However I can't (read not allowed to) spend ridiculous amounts of money at the same time. That said I was looking at the HKS, the TODA and also the Milltek - not looked into it too much as my next priority is the brakes though, and I have to take it easy on spending for a while.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 16:26 Thread Starter
I vtec'ed your mum!
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Bonus, know what you mean about not being the 17 year charva with a wideboy exhaust - but I have the HKS RSK and that truly announces itself when on full throttle in VTEC! However at low RPM and not on full throttle it is perfectly reasonable (IMO).

You're still going to the Megs seminar?? (checks list....goes to wrong section... eventually finds list and you cancelled - D'oh!!!) Sure there will be other meets to meet up at.

When I get an aftermarket exhaust I will be looking for one that is tried and tested and has proven gains (following a remap and manifold change). However I can't (read not allowed to) spend ridiculous amounts of money at the same time. That said I was looking at the HKS, the TODA and also the Milltek - not looked into it too much as my next priority is the brakes though, and I have to take it easy on spending for a while.
If your watching the cash flow, then Milltek is probably your only option. Toda and HKS new are expensive. The HKS RSK is a great intake, and one that I would have got if I didnt get the Gruppe M. But the Gruppe M is boxed up, and quite closed in, that probably why I struggle to hear it.

The HKS RSK is the total opposite, not inclosed, and sucking like a trooper. I can make that Seminar now... But not told anyone, anyway you can try and get me back on the list - do you know anyone going that can bend some rules to get me in? I know they were sticking to strict numbers.

In all honesty, no cat back is going to give you gains, just sound. It may help when you have other stuff on, being less restrictive etc.

Remap, way forward!
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 16:41

You can hear the intake on a standard car,sounds nice! Definitely makes more difference once its mapped though,glad you got it all sorted anyways mate!!
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 16:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_rage View Post
Sorry I know this is off topic, whats the brand and name of your alloys?
They Are advanti racing sg40's mate!
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 17:04 Thread Starter
I vtec'ed your mum!
** Thread starter **

Quote:
You can hear the intake on a standard car,sounds nice! Definitely makes more difference once its mapped though,glad you got it all sorted anyways mate!!
Wonder what it sounds like on a standard car? As it is quite enclosed... Hope its just my exhaust which is preventing me from hearing it.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 17:37

It is quite enclosed but because you don't have the fireproofing on the filter side you do get some induction noise,especially in vtec,it did sound different made it more throaty and deep than standard
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 17:47 Thread Starter
I vtec'ed your mum!
** Thread starter **

Quote:
It is quite enclosed but because you don't have the fireproofing on the filter side you do get some induction noise,especially in vtec,it did sound different made it more throaty and deep than standard
Gonna have to retest it tonight me thinks!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Gallery (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page