Black My 1.8EX i-SHIFT - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 8th August 2006, 08:54 Thread Starter
Supporter

My 1.8EX i-SHIFT

Thought I had better post a picture whilst it's squeaky clean and stone-chip free!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg captured_2006_7_27_00001_168.jpg (74.8 KB, 1357 views)
File Type: jpg captured_2006_7_27_00000_117.jpg (73.0 KB, 1154 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 8th August 2006, 10:04
Supporter

Car: 2016 1.6 Diesel, Sporty Blue
Very smart Allan. There's a black one just appeared in the office car park next to mine - bearing in mind mine is parked right outside their entrance everyday I want my commission!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 8th August 2006, 10:50

very nice ,hope ** enjoying,but soooo glad a bought the silver ,the wife has a black
c2 vts and its a c#@t to keep clean but like yours its gleaming when clean its a
pleasure cleaning silver

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 9th August 2006, 14:43
Supporter

Very nice Allan! Especially good to see that you've now turned to the "dark side" and joined CivInfo. Must admit, I've been busy recently so haven't been able to post much anywhere, including on the "other" site.

Seems though that, contrary to press opinion (which, with the exception of the Honest John" website, has largely been critical), most owners are very happy with their i-Shift Civics. Like others have said here, it probably takes a while to get used to the system and, for potential purchasers, it needs a good lengthy run through from a knowledgeable salesperson.

I must admit, I recently hired for the day a Smart ForTwo with an F1 style paddle shift. The changes were often quite jerky, especially when slipping down through the gearbox. However, despite its obvious failings I really liked it!!

Regretting a bit then that I didn't opt for i-Shift although, as my Civic is taking 6 months to deliver anyway, not sure if it would have been even more of a wait!!

And your one is certainly very, very shiny. Looks the biz!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 9th August 2006, 17:10 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Thank's, jt, nice to hear from you. Just got back from a trip around the Derbyshire Dales. Had lunch at the Lord Devonshire Arms in Hartington. Very nice. Tried the i-Shift on the hills and it was great.

Get your next one with i-Shift, leather and glass roof on order now and it should be ready for you in around two years time; just right!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 9th August 2006, 17:37
Supporter

Might just do that Allan, must just do that!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 9th August 2006, 17:42
Smell My Cheese!

Do you think we could maybe all club together and put a call off order on to the factory?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 9th August 2006, 19:41 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Hi jt, I think the Smart car has paddle shift with CVT. I tried CVT once but didn't like it, as you say, very jerky and delay on pick-up from standstill. Can't see that the paddles would help it much. I doubt it can compare to the i-Shift.

Have another test drive in an i-Shft, but be prepared to part with some extra cash. At least you've currently got a decent car to use whilst you wait for delivery of your new one!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 16th August 2006, 00:43
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan40alt
Hi jt, I think the Smart car has paddle shift with CVT. I tried CVT once but didn't like it, as you say, very jerky and delay on pick-up from standstill. Can't see that the paddles would help it much. I doubt it can compare to the i-Shift.

Have another test drive in an i-Shft, but be prepared to part with some extra cash. At least you've currently got a decent car to use whilst you wait for delivery of your new one!
Not sure about that, the CVT in the Jazz is fantastic, better IMHO than the I-Shift, the fuel consumption is only a little off vs the normal 5 speed and in sports mode is great fun, doesn't do the normal CVT elastic band effect, shame the engine lacks umph. I think the i-shift can do with a sports mode and a faster upshift for real fun but all said its only 700 compared with 900 for the CVT-7 on the Jazz. Just done first 400 miles in my I-Shift I like it, but would pay the extra 200 for the Jazz's CVT.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 16th August 2006, 09:56 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Hi stretch, never tried the Jazz, the one I tested was in a Merc A Class and it was terrible, and I was once given a lift in a Pug 1007. Put me off CVT for life!

I thought about a sport mode but I don't think you need it with the paddles, they are your sport mode.

Glad you're enjoying your i-Shift, there were so many bad reports before I got mine. I wouldn't have anything else now, I think it's great.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Gallery (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page