R-Black CBP CTR. Advice wanted - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2011, 22:09 Thread Starter
Has

Car: CTR GT, Crystal Black
CBP CTR. Advice wanted

Hi guys, I have had the car for just over two years now, and wanted to change a few things with the look of it and ride. So I recently had the FRS and 15mm Eibachs fitted, then decided I wanted to change the colour of the rims. Im undecided as to whether I should get the centre caps done as well and get the red lip done too. I have added a picture of when I had red lip and standard colour of rim and the new black colour. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0991.jpg (87.7 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1153.jpg (100.9 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1152.jpg (93.0 KB, 78 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2011, 22:35
Supporter

Thanked 1,035 Times in 1,016 Posts
The red lip on the black alloys would look good and stand out bit better.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2011, 22:57 Thread Starter
Has
** Thread starter **

Thanks mate, will try that out and see how they look. Not bad for a DIY job I guess

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2011, 23:12

Car: 57 CTR GT, NHB
i got the black car with a red rim, i use to love it but now sadly starting to hate it! im running the advanti sg40 rim and thinking of repsraying them black to loose the red line!

i think whats put me of them is the amount of other cars with the red lip round my way and girlfriend keeps going look hes got the same wheels as you, when they are not haha
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2011, 23:27 Thread Starter
Has
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by higham View Post
i got the black car with a red rim, i use to love it but now sadly starting to hate it! im running the advanti sg40 rim and thinking of repsraying them black to loose the red line!

i think whats put me of them is the amount of other cars with the red lip round my way and girlfriend keeps going look hes got the same wheels as you, when they are not haha
I completely agree with you. But the way I done it was quite easy. It was intact red stickers for the rims which worked out quite well as I could remove them if I wish. They were quite durable and with stood months of washing. Peeling them off took a bit of effort so I will probably go down that route again as I can change them quite quickly.

The same applies with the black colour of my rims. I sprayed them myself and it cost me £15 and the best thing about it, is when I get bored with it I can remove it (not so easily) but still looks professionally done.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Gallery (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page