Red The wait is over for me... its finally arrived! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2007, 23:24 Thread Starter

The wait is over for me... its finally arrived!

Picked her up today! Very happy with it! Have gone from a Smart Fortwo to this (both company cars but I was able to choose this one!)

Managed to get in 100miles for the first journey. Followed Pottsy's advice (thanks Pottsy) on warming her up with a nice 10min drive and then did my best with the mototune method to bed in the piston rings. Drove from Bognor Regis to Camberley (just south of London)... the long way round! Going to work on the A roads tomorrow... means an early start but worth it to avoid the motorways constant speed = low gas pressure on those rings!!

Now that I have a clutch again (Smart car was a lame auto), any tips from other Civic diesel drivers? Best revs/speeds for economy etc. Obviously I'll work all that out on my own but would be nice to get a heads up. Stalled it twice today! but don't tell anyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Civic_2.jpg (300.3 KB, 984 views)

Last edited by domingo; 3rd July 2007 at 23:37. Reason: No. Plate not obscurred... prob nothing to worry about anyway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2007, 23:27
Definately Female!

Car: 1.8 ES Civic 2012, white
Very nice
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2007, 23:30
Nice Guy!

Car: Volvo V40, D4, Se Lux
She is nice

Congrats again!!

(you know I go through phase's of liking red and not liking it)

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2007, 23:31 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
Very nice
Thanks Topcat! Wheres this London meet happening? I'm sure theres a thread somewhere?

Cheers
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2007, 23:33 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Cheers Brodick, I thought about NHB but my boss wanted it to stand out! Getting company graphics on it soon, but should be quite cool, I was allowed input on this one... will post pics when branded up!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 4th July 2007, 11:49
Supporter

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
very nice

for best economy in the 2.2 - check out the "65mph for 130 miles gives" thread in the engines sectiopn

doing about 55-60mph in 6th gives massive mpg, and equates to 1500 - 2000 revs
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 4th July 2007, 12:38
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 Sport MT (Vivid)
Eco display
Send a message via MSN to ante00
very nice...wish you many many miles
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 4th July 2007, 12:59 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Wink

Nice one TTdegs, I checked out that thread... any particular reason you picked that thread?.... champ!?
Thanks for the pointer, should've looked a bit harder. I'll have a go at your record when I've got a few more thousand miles on the engine! On my warm up and bedding in session yesterday I averaged 34.5mpg over 100miles but clearly alot of acceleration/decelleration and a new engine of course... I have 'high' hopes for my mpg in the future!

And thanks... ante00... you too mate...
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 4th July 2007, 14:35
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS

Car: DS3
Milano red is the best colour,nice motar
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 5th July 2007, 12:11
Smell My Cheese!

Purely from a mental point of view, when cruising I like to have the cruise control showing a 7 not a 6 at the beginning, the best MPG I have found is somewhere around 73 - 75 (as displayed, so around 70 actual), below that I think it struggles up hills a little. Although if you fancy being Mr Slow A**e the best figures are at about 55 - 60mph, once averaged over 60mpg on a trip to your neck o the woods from Oxford, it was v v foggy so 60 was fast enough.

Will keep an eye out for you in Camberley our Head Office is there, Alfa Laval, I get down there every few weeks.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 5th July 2007, 12:23
Wine and cooking !

Car: 2008, Grey Mica 1.5 Materia
Nice car indeed !

Use your cruise control as much as possible, Avoid heavy foot, and roll on
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 5th July 2007, 23:18 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info guys...

I dont have cruise control but have now been out on the motorway for a couple of short journeys. I def agree with the suggestion of avoiding a heavy foot, I am very supprised at how little pressure you actually need to apply to the throttle to keep a steady speed (on the flat of course). Compared to my previous 700cc petrol Smart this Honda engine is a true marvel! I look forward to it really running in over the next 5-10,000. Doing around 65-70 in 6th with a light foot was producing promising figures. Got her up to 40mpg avg now, and still on my first tank of fuel, so thats including the running in! The Eco lights game is fun (sad I know!)

Richierich, got my Civinfo sticker in the post yesterday, will fit it on the weekend, then I'll be visible! Will keep an eye out for you too mate!
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2007, 14:26 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

New wheels!

Picked up a nice set of 17's, never seen them anywhere before. They are official Honda (stamped on inside of spokes) and have some nice Honda centre caps too. 5x114 et50 7J. I was thinking maybe theyre from an Accord? Anyone know?
Photoshoped pic of what they'll look like on the car as Ive not got tyres yet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Civic_2 + 17s + Mod crop.jpg (172.7 KB, 518 views)
File Type: jpg 3f6e_1.jpg (25.6 KB, 506 views)
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2007, 17:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by richierich View Post
Will keep an eye out for you in Camberley our Head Office is there, Alfa Laval, I get down there every few weeks.
A bit off topic, but a friend of mine worked in Research and Development at Alfa Laval in Tullinge, just outside of Huddinge, Stockholm. He got crushed by a stacker truck about 5 years ago and so ended up taking early retirement. He now drives a bus around stockholm.
The Alfa Laval Research farms around that area are amazing to see.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2007, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by domingo View Post
Picked up a nice set of 17's, never seen them anywhere before. They are official Honda (stamped on inside of spokes) and have some nice Honda centre caps too. 5x114 et50 7J. I was thinking maybe theyre from an Accord? Anyone know?
Photoshoped pic of what they'll look like on the car as Ive not got tyres yet!
Very nice wheels, I haven't seen a Honda with those on before (That I can remember at least!). Its good to be different, just make sure the offset and PCD are the same and you'll be looking good and flying high!
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 24th July 2007, 23:42 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavyD View Post
A bit off topic, but a friend of mine worked in Research and Development at Alfa Laval in Tullinge, just outside of Huddinge, Stockholm. He got crushed by a stacker truck about 5 years ago and so ended up taking early retirement. He now drives a bus around stockholm.
The Alfa Laval Research farms around that area are amazing to see.
Thats a crazy story Wavy (Davy?), poor bloke!

All measurements for wheels double checked before purchase, and test fit (no tyres!) went ok, so I'm 95% sure they fit!

My company Civic got its graphics at the end of last week, pic below. I actually quite like it! I asked our Chief Designer, to try and emphasise the agressive arrow shaped side profile of the car, and this is what he developed it into. I think the stripes work really well, creating a racy look (also, they are actually the roof element of the house logo). What you think guys?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Civic Livery_Mod.jpg (213.1 KB, 373 views)
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 25th July 2007, 00:04

Quote:
Thats a crazy story Wavy (Davy?), poor bloke!

All measurements for wheels double checked before purchase, and test fit (no tyres!) went ok, so I'm 95% sure they fit!

My company Civic got its graphics at the end of last week, pic below. I actually quite like it! I asked our Chief Designer, to try and emphasise the agressive arrow shaped side profile of the car, and this is what he developed it into. I think the stripes work really well, creating a racy look (also, they are actually the roof element of the house logo). What you think guys?
Still not got the wheels on then! Not too sure about the graphics, but at least they are not truly heinous!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 25th July 2007, 00:14 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavyD View Post
Still not got the wheels on then! Not too sure about the graphics, but at least they are not truly heinous!
Nah, it'll be a while I think before I get around to actually selecting a decent set of affordable tyres!!

Graphics are part of a new branch of the company we're starting called Chapel Property Marketing (not sure if youre actually able to read that very clearly in the photo) so the graphics are quite relevant hence the house. And hey the car was free! but the graphs are part of the deal!
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 25th July 2007, 00:31

Quote:
Nah, it'll be a while I think before I get around to actually selecting a decent set of affordable tyres!!

Graphics are part of a new branch of the company we're starting called Chapel Property Marketing (not sure if youre actually able to read that very clearly in the photo) so the graphics are quite relevant hence the house. And hey the car was free! but the graphs are part of the deal!
Quite readable in IE7. At first I thought you worked for Chapelhouse Motors!
I'd accept the car with the included graphics. I've seen and driven worse!
Shame about the wheels, but it won't take long to run up the miles and scrub out the treads!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 25th July 2007, 08:41
Supporter

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
Quote:
If I had to have company graphics on the car, I'd be happy to have those

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Gallery (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page