8th gen or 9th?

Silver 
3K views 43 replies 26 participants last post by  sirkuk 
#1 ·
Which do you prefer?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I really dont know what they were thinking with that grill on the 8th gen. Looks terrible in my opinion.
From the two pictures above i prefer the 9th definitely - cant wait to see the type s/type r versions.

#10 ·
Agreed mate, so dissapointing.

#15 ·
I'd agree with you on that - of the possible angles the rear is the one most lacking.

If I put my thumb over the light strip on the 9G, the rear looks fairly decent. I mean, I see what they're trying to do with it but it just ruins the entire look of the car altogether - IMO at least the 8G flows with the rest of the car in terms of the wraparound lighting.

In fact the more I look at it, I think I'd actually quite like the 9G rear if it didn't have the red brake light strip connecting the two sides together. But with it... you know it actually makes me think "Toyota" rather than "Honda".

#16 ·
Yes sack off the light strip + input Mugen Wing.

#20 ·
Nice, again.

Really crappy job in paint but you get the idea - it looks so much better without that middle strip.

Attachments

#21 ·
^^^ good work Syx - looks loads better. Send it to Honda! lol

#23 ·
I think I'm in the minority but I love the plexiglass front grill, this is what makes the 8th gen different immediately from all other hatches, the theme continues inside with the futuristic blue dash lights :worms:

#24 ·
^I totally appreciate that and feel the same way.
But when i look at a before and after picture of mine the sports grill just makes it look so much more awesome.

#25 ·
8th gen with interior of 9th... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.