Bodykit Civic 5 Door - Type R Conversion (Rear Gaps) - Civinfo
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th March 2012, 16:56 Thread Starter
Unofficial Trader
 
Saint2K's Avatar
 
Car: NHB FN2 - Type R
Join Date: 28th December 2011
Location: Glasgow SCOTLAND
Posts: 2,080
Thanks: 270
Thanked 105 Times in 102 Posts
iTrader: (27)
Civic 5 Door - Type R Conversion (Rear Gaps)

Hey,

I've received a few PM's over the past few weeks about getting more pictures of the rear gap, which is visible when the rear door is open on a 5 door Civic which has had a Type R conversion.

So, instead of sending them on to individuals, I've decided to post them here for all to see.

Hopefully this will prove helpful to anyone thinking of doing the conversion.











Saint2K is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th March 2012, 17:13
Supporter
 
smig64's Avatar
 
Join Date: 4th December 2011
Location: kilmarnock GB
Posts: 693
Thanks: 80
Thanked 52 Times in 49 Posts
iTrader: (2)
snap you not got any bigger wheels yet buddy
smig64 is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th March 2012, 17:52 Thread Starter
Unofficial Trader
** Thread starter **
 
Saint2K's Avatar
 
Car: NHB FN2 - Type R
Join Date: 28th December 2011
Location: Glasgow SCOTLAND
Posts: 2,080
Thanks: 270
Thanked 105 Times in 102 Posts
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smig64 View Post
snap you not got any bigger wheels yet buddy
No, had loads to pay out for this last month and for the next few months, holidays, weddings, new laptop .... the rims have had to take a backseat
Saint2K is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th March 2012, 18:09
Supporter
 
stevenjp90's Avatar
 
Car: 2007 1.8 EX NHB civic
Join Date: 26th November 2010
Location: Portsmouth ENGLAND
Posts: 188
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
iTrader: (2)
Thanks! Really helpful and just confirmed me going ahead with the conversion.
Is it only at the read you see a gap then?

I just need some extra cash for me to go ahead with it

I've not long come back from my local scrappy (was looking for a wing mirror part) which they had a type R there that had been in an accident which I would have pinched a few bits off but they wouldn't let me as they want to see if they could do anything with the car first... Was gutted I would have only needed to get the front splitter and maybe a front arch (only saw one side of it)

Thanks again
stevenjp90 is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th March 2012, 18:12
SGP Fk8
 
rowbo's Avatar
 
Car: 2019 Civic Type R , SGP
Join Date: 2nd January 2011
Location: St Andrews SCOTLAND
Posts: 9,715
Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 1,673 Times in 1,468 Posts
iTrader: (24)
Garage
first time ive seen that ! is there no way to fill the gap and smooth it and then get it painted ?
rowbo is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th March 2012, 18:31 Thread Starter
Unofficial Trader
** Thread starter **
 
Saint2K's Avatar
 
Car: NHB FN2 - Type R
Join Date: 28th December 2011
Location: Glasgow SCOTLAND
Posts: 2,080
Thanks: 270
Thanked 105 Times in 102 Posts
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjp90 View Post
Thanks! Really helpful and just confirmed me going ahead with the conversion.
Is it only at the read you see a gap then?

I just need some extra cash for me to go ahead with it

I've not long come back from my local scrappy (was looking for a wing mirror part) which they had a type R there that had been in an accident which I would have pinched a few bits off but they wouldn't let me as they want to see if they could do anything with the car first... Was gutted I would have only needed to get the front splitter and maybe a front arch (only saw one side of it)

Thanks again
No worries Steve, happy to help, sorry for the delay in the pics!

I feel your pain, took me what seemed like ages to gather up all the necessary parts.

Civinfo proved invaluable though, got 95% of my parts through here in some shape or form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowbo View Post
first time ive seen that ! is there no way to fill the gap and smooth it and then get it painted ?
Yeah, there are a few ways to fill it, quite a few posts on here on various tips and techniques.

To be honest, I'm not bothered by it, which is strange really, considering I am usually a perfectionist and have a mild case of OCD
Saint2K is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th March 2012, 18:38
SGP Fk8
 
rowbo's Avatar
 
Car: 2019 Civic Type R , SGP
Join Date: 2nd January 2011
Location: St Andrews SCOTLAND
Posts: 9,715
Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 1,673 Times in 1,468 Posts
iTrader: (24)
Garage
it would drive me batty !
rowbo is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th March 2012, 19:13
The Dugs Baws
 
dobe's Avatar
 
Car: CW-0575
Join Date: 20th February 2011
Location: Ayrshire GB
Posts: 3,507
Thanks: 588
Thanked 994 Times in 858 Posts
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowbo View Post
first time ive seen that ! is there no way to fill the gap and smooth it and then get it painted ?
Any type of filler used would eventually crack,too much of a gap.
A strip of rubber like the one that goes round the doors would do the trick.
dobe is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th March 2012, 19:55 Thread Starter
Unofficial Trader
** Thread starter **
 
Saint2K's Avatar
 
Car: NHB FN2 - Type R
Join Date: 28th December 2011
Location: Glasgow SCOTLAND
Posts: 2,080
Thanks: 270
Thanked 105 Times in 102 Posts
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowbo View Post
it would drive me batty !
I might one day look at filling it, but I'm fine with it for now.
Saint2K is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th March 2012, 23:20
Supporter
 
Join Date: 2nd October 2008
Location: Cowdenbeath,Fife SCOTLAND
Posts: 6,314
Thanks: 500
Thanked 1,035 Times in 1,016 Posts
iTrader: (3)
Some fibre glass should help fill in the gap. Take it the gap doesn't let any water in mate?
Gp_kho is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th March 2012, 23:27
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
 
Scotty182's Avatar
 
Car: V'9 STI
Join Date: 24th July 2010
Location: Manchester, UK ENGLAND
Posts: 2,472
Thanks: 24
Thanked 242 Times in 222 Posts
iTrader: (4)
Send a message via MSN to Scotty182
Could you take a pic of the arch a bit higher up with the door closed ??

Your arch looks like it tucks in alot in pic 1 & 2 ?? does it line up with the door ok ??
Scotty182 is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th March 2012, 19:40
Supporter
 
smig64's Avatar
 
Join Date: 4th December 2011
Location: kilmarnock GB
Posts: 693
Thanks: 80
Thanked 52 Times in 49 Posts
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty182 View Post
Could you take a pic of the arch a bit higher up with the door closed ??

Your arch looks like it tucks in alot in pic 1 & 2 ?? does it line up with the door ok ??
think it because of clips i soldered 2 together will pop a pic up in an hour for you to see
smig64 is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th March 2012, 20:06
Supporter
 
smig64's Avatar
 
Join Date: 4th December 2011
Location: kilmarnock GB
Posts: 693
Thanks: 80
Thanked 52 Times in 49 Posts
iTrader: (2)
here you go buddy its doesnt show much but as said i soldered to clips together to secure them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0247.JPG (114.0 KB, 368 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0249.JPG (125.8 KB, 360 views)
smig64 is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 27th March 2012, 01:21 Thread Starter
Unofficial Trader
** Thread starter **
 
Saint2K's Avatar
 
Car: NHB FN2 - Type R
Join Date: 28th December 2011
Location: Glasgow SCOTLAND
Posts: 2,080
Thanks: 270
Thanked 105 Times in 102 Posts
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gp_kho View Post
Some fibre glass should help fill in the gap. Take it the gap doesn't let any water in mate?
No, no water gets in, completely sealed tight.
Saint2K is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12th January 2015, 21:20
Supporter
 
Zaheen's Avatar
 
Car: Silver 2.2 EX (Type R Kit)
Join Date: 25th April 2014
Location: West Yorkshire GB
Posts: 339
Thanks: 48
Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts
iTrader: (5)
Bump of the century, may I ask whether the Type S arches are the same as the Type R ones?

Like, would Type S 3 door arches fit my 5 door 2.2 EX the same as this thread suggests?
Zaheen is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 13th January 2015, 00:28
What ya at
 
Join Date: 30th April 2007
Location: Ireland IE
Posts: 836
Thanks: 108
Thanked 130 Times in 119 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaheen View Post
Bump of the century, may I ask whether the Type S arches are the same as the Type R ones?

Like, would Type S 3 door arches fit my 5 door 2.2 EX the same as this thread suggests?
Type S & R arches are the same.
paddy is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 28th July 2016, 13:37
Gio
 
Gio's Avatar
 
Car: Honda Civic FK2 1.8
Join Date: 28th July 2016
Location: Elliniko, Greece
Posts: 861
Thanks: 10
Thanked 114 Times in 83 Posts
iTrader: (1)
I am trying to put rear spoiler of type r in my 5door Civic.

As far as i know i shoulf buy the rear spoiler of course, the trinagle exhaust, and the rear arches.

The side skirts, front arches, and front spoiler will remain the same right???

Because few told me that i sould change the whole body kit or nothing. Because the typer's arches doesnt fit with the 5door civic's skirts.

Is that true?

If i had to make modifications to the arches in order to fit with the 5door skirts that also bad news for me. Because i want to start this project from rear spoiler and after a year maybe or when i have the money to continue with it. But then and only then.
Gio is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 31st July 2016, 12:18
Supporter
 
Car: NHB Civic ES 2.2
Join Date: 8th June 2013
Location: England GB
Posts: 286
Thanks: 30
Thanked 37 Times in 33 Posts
iTrader: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio View Post
I am trying to put rear spoiler of type r in my 5door Civic.

As far as i know i shoulf buy the rear spoiler of course, the trinagle exhaust, and the rear arches.

The side skirts, front arches, and front spoiler will remain the same right???

Because few told me that i sould change the whole body kit or nothing. Because the typer's arches doesnt fit with the 5door civic's skirts.

Is that true?

If i had to make modifications to the arches in order to fit with the 5door skirts that also bad news for me. Because i want to start this project from rear spoiler and after a year maybe or when i have the money to continue with it. But then and only then.
The rear can be done with out the front arches, side skirt and lower front bumper.
w1ng is offline  
Reply

  Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Gallery (8G)

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to- 5 door type r conversion geemac This is How To ... (Guides Only) (8G) 322 27th October 2019 00:09
Fog Type R rear light panel fog conversion mrreach_69 Lights (8G) 8 24th January 2012 15:01
Type R rear wheel arch trims - 5 door conversion danlat1415 Styling (8G) 17 28th December 2011 21:08
Type R Rear Spoiler For 5 Door Civic ! Proof ! Boyjammer Styling (8G) 46 18th February 2008 15:39

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome