Rob's Civic Tourer project - Page 5 - Civinfo
 53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 89 (permalink) Old 12th April 2019, 10:43 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2015 Civic Tourer D-TEC SR
Garage
too busy to take a decent pic of the car but it came back from the dealer fully scrubbed up so i took a couple of iphone snaps as i was getting it loaded up for some time away with the family over easter:

Untitled
by Rob E, on Flickr

Untitled
by Rob E, on Flickr

It has a full "major" service, aircon re-charge, manifold flush / de-gunk. RC8 upgrade was attempted but failed (won't boot) - it's going back to them Sat to see if they can resolve that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 89 (permalink) Old 12th April 2019, 10:48 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
post #83 of 89 (permalink) Old 13th April 2019, 00:37

That seems an easy list because now I've got to get the electric gate button. Oh and the gates of course! I got the space saver. Just don't carry it!?

post #84 of 89 (permalink) Old 30th April 2019, 17:24
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Guessing the torsion beam rear on these is similar to that on the Hatchback; How did the rear install go for the lowering springs?

Just ordered some cheap from Autodoc.
Front looks a fairly simple fit, just the two bolts / looks like some brake hardware clipped on to the shocks, but haven't looked at the rear properly yet - Is it just a jack up and disconnect the lower bolt on the rear damper and swap them over?
post #85 of 89 (permalink) Old 1st May 2019, 09:38 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haltamer View Post
Guessing the torsion beam rear on these is similar to that on the Hatchback; How did the rear install go for the lowering springs?

Just ordered some cheap from Autodoc.
Front looks a fairly simple fit, just the two bolts / looks like some brake hardware clipped on to the shocks, but haven't looked at the rear properly yet - Is it just a jack up and disconnect the lower bolt on the rear damper and swap them over?
i got a local garage to do mine just in case there was a need for compressors etc. turned out pretty easy though, as you say - just unbolt the rear damper and there's enough droop to get the spring swapped.

did you get eibachs? these are really good, perfect ride height, no issues when the car's fully loaded either, nice and firm but not harsh.

If i was doing it again i'd also trim down the rear bump stop a bit. Not really an issue, just very occasional creak when super-loaded up which i'm guessing is the the bumpstop - trim 20mm off with a stanley knife would be my suggestion.
post #86 of 89 (permalink) Old 1st May 2019, 10:33
Supporter

Garage
Yep, Grabbed some Eibachs.

Done some more reading, looks like the rears should be fairly simple - I'm wondering about the fronts though, Just a couple of bolts to get the strut out, but then need to get the spring off - Could either take the strut down the road to the garage, or take my life in my hands and get some spring compressors.

Out of interest, how much did they charge you for fitting?
post #87 of 89 (permalink) Old 1st May 2019, 15:47 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haltamer View Post
Yep, Grabbed some Eibachs.

Done some more reading, looks like the rears should be fairly simple - I'm wondering about the fronts though, Just a couple of bolts to get the strut out, but then need to get the spring off - Could either take the strut down the road to the garage, or take my life in my hands and get some spring compressors.

Out of interest, how much did they charge you for fitting?
Can't remember exactly, but 200ish i think? Maybe do the rears yourself and get the garage to do fronts = save some money?
Haltamer likes this.
post #88 of 89 (permalink) Old 1st May 2019, 16:34
Supporter

Garage
Reading about on PH, Someone got the garage down the road to swap the springs for ~£10 so that sounds like the way to go

I'll have to get a thread of my own going soon :P
rob.e likes this.
post #89 of 89 (permalink) Old 17th May 2019, 15:16 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Mod #12: boot net

My car is missing the net that should be on the RHS of the boot. I thought i'd found one, described as oem honda accessory boot net, but no. Turns out its an additional net you can fit on the LHS of the boot :-/

Bit disappointed when it turned up a few months ago so it got chucked at the back of the garage - finally got around to fitting it yesterday. Only took 2 mins, 4 pop rivets and its on. No idea what i'm going to put in there but hey, its better in the car that sat in the garage i suppose

boot net
by Rob E, on Flickr

It's OEM honda, P/n 08L96-TB8-600A if anyones interested.

Fitted:

boot net
by Rob E, on Flickr

Is it in the right place? Who knows - didn't read the 4 pages of instructions that came with it..

Mod #13: OEM honda space saver spare.

I don't like not having a spare. Dealer kit seems to be about 150 new, and these appear to go for 80-100 or so on ebay. I lucked out with an auction ending at a weird time on a tuesday morning so managed to get this for just 45 quid, incl the mounting bolt.

Easy to fit, just cut the carpet to find the mounting hole. Have i got it the right way up?

Really takes a LOT of the space from the underfloor though, more than i thought it would.

trial fit:

spare
by Rob E, on Flickr

In the boot:

spare
by Rob E, on Flickr

I had looked at RX8 spares - these are alloy and same pcd so maybe a bit lighter, but tbh i couldnt find one less than 120 quid (they were dealer option so rarely spec'd, hence super rare now) also maserati do a lovely space saver spare, also 5x114, its speedline but looks exactly like a TE37 but narrow - way expensive though.. for 45 quid and zero risk on fitment the honda option won in the end.

* yes i know i need to hoover the boot

Last edited by rob.e; 17th May 2019 at 15:20.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Gallery (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page