10G Civic New Info - Civinfo
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 27th October 2015, 17:40 Thread Starter
 
billbar's Avatar
 
Car: 2013 1.8 A ES Alabaster
Join Date: 16th September 2013
Location: Nottingham, UK ENGLAND
Posts: 16
Thanks: 15
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
iTrader: (0)
10G Civic New Info

All-New VTEC TURBO engines set for next generation 2017 Civic

The above link to the Honda news site suggests that the 10G Civic will arrive in Europe early 2016. It is scheduled to have the new 1litre and 1.5litre turbo charged v-tec engines.
billbar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 27th October 2015, 17:43
Administrator
 
Farqui's Avatar
 
Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Join Date: 29th April 2014
Location: n.Notts ENGLAND
Posts: 17,791
Thanks: 5,716
Thanked 4,143 Times in 3,839 Posts
iTrader: (31)
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbar View Post
All-New VTEC TURBO engines set for next generation 2017 Civic

The above link to the Honda news site suggests that the 10G Civic will arrive in Europe early 2016. It is scheduled to have the new 1litre and 1.5litre turbo charged v-tec engines.
Nice find, lets throw in a pic.
Farqui is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 27th October 2015, 17:48 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
billbar's Avatar
 
Car: 2013 1.8 A ES Alabaster
Join Date: 16th September 2013
Location: Nottingham, UK ENGLAND
Posts: 16
Thanks: 15
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbar View Post
All-New VTEC TURBO engines set for next generation 2017 Civic

The above link to the Honda news site suggests that the 10G Civic will arrive in Europe early 2016. It is scheduled to have the new 1litre and 1.5litre turbo charged v-tec engines.
sorry its due early 2017 not 2016. But may be worth waiting for.
billbar is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 27th October 2015, 18:54
Supporter
 
IWANTACIVIC's Avatar
 
Car: 2015 1.6 civic tourer sr
Join Date: 16th September 2006
Location: LINCS UK ENGLAND
Posts: 1,615
Thanks: 37
Thanked 50 Times in 45 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Eco display
Send a message via AIM to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via MSN to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Skype™ to IWANTACIVIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbar View Post
sorry its due early 2017 not 2016. But may be worth waiting for.
Yer mite be good power in a good looking car .
IWANTACIVIC is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 31st October 2015, 03:37
 
Car: 2012 1.8 5 door,White Orchid
Join Date: 7th July 2012
Location: AUS AU
Posts: 1,073
Thanks: 101
Thanked 94 Times in 83 Posts
iTrader: (0)
So no more NA petrols for the 10G hatch it sounds like. Probably 1L circa 92Kw for base models and the 1.5L circa 130Kw for luxury trims and sport models. The 10G sedan does 0-96kmh (0-60) in 6.8 seconds for the CVT, this is equivalent to around 7.3 seconds 0-100kmh.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vti07 is offline  
Thanks to Vti07 from:
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 31st October 2015, 04:28
 
Car: 2012 1.8 5 door,White Orchid
Join Date: 7th July 2012
Location: AUS AU
Posts: 1,073
Thanks: 101
Thanked 94 Times in 83 Posts
iTrader: (0)
10G Civic New Info

Don't know why these 2 articles say the 10G hatch will be in Australia at the end of 2016. I suspect Thailand will be another source for 10G hatch. This is where the 9G civic sedan and accord are built for some of the Asia Pacific market.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/391844/h...rains-by-2020/

http://www.caradvice.com.au/391427/h...l-due-in-2017/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Vti07; 31st October 2015 at 04:35.
Vti07 is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 1st November 2015, 09:47
Supporter
 
Car: 2008 1.8 GT Type S
Join Date: 14th May 2010
Location: Yorkshire ENGLAND
Posts: 3,216
Thanks: 485
Thanked 306 Times in 271 Posts
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vti07 View Post
So no more NA petrols for the 10G hatch it sounds like. Probably 1L circa 92Kw for base models and the 1.5L circa 130Kw for luxury trims and sport models. The 10G sedan does 0-96kmh (0-60) in 6.8 seconds for the CVT, this is equivalent to around 7.3 seconds 0-100kmh.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds quite a performance jump for another 32bhp (174bhp).

Makes me wondering if either they're lightening the car or increasing the gearing as well. When you consider it's only 0.3 secs slower than the FN R which had 203bhp, it seems something other than power has altered unless there's a lot being gained from a more torquey delivery.
RA108 is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 1st November 2015, 23:23
Supporter
 
IWANTACIVIC's Avatar
 
Car: 2015 1.6 civic tourer sr
Join Date: 16th September 2006
Location: LINCS UK ENGLAND
Posts: 1,615
Thanks: 37
Thanked 50 Times in 45 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Eco display
Send a message via AIM to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via MSN to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Skype™ to IWANTACIVIC
Nice to see more power ,let's hope the diesel gets a power boost too.
IWANTACIVIC is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2015, 07:00
Supporter
 
balleballe's Avatar
 
Car: 2008 2.2 5 door, NHB
Join Date: 19th February 2015
Location: Gateshead GB
Posts: 628
Thanks: 50
Thanked 95 Times in 85 Posts
iTrader: (0)
A 1.5 turbo Vtec kicking out 150bhp would be nice.

If you look at all these small engines with turbos which have become so popular their 'real life' economy has been waaaay off the 'official' MPG. My mates got a focus ecoboost, gets 40mpg on a run and 28-30 around town. He's also had his DMF replaced twice since buying the car new!

VAG's new 1.4TSI is pretty good economy wise and is lovely to drive. VAG have realised they can't make timing chains to save their lives so the new engine has a belt. My sister has a new golf with the 150 ACT engine. When she came up to see me her dash was showing 54mpg (220 mile journey driving at 70ish). She filled up before she went back and I worked out the actual MPG which was 51. That's impressive for a petrol by anyone's standards.
balleballe is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2015, 09:14
 
Join Date: 21st October 2015
Location: Madrid, Spain ES
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
In fact the 1.5 engine is already in use in Japan mounted on a Honda Jade

Nuevo motor 1.5 i-VTEC Turbo para el Honda Jade RS
sazanon is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2015, 09:27
Bog
Supporter
 
Bog's Avatar
 
Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Join Date: 5th October 2006
Location: Radlett, Hertfordshire GB
Posts: 6,455
Thanks: 281
Thanked 850 Times in 675 Posts
iTrader: (34)
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazanon View Post
In fact the 1.5 engine is already in use in Japan mounted on a Honda Jade

Nuevo motor 1.5 i-VTEC Turbo para el Honda Jade RS
That's actually quite nice and Honda don't have a 7 seater in the UK... I think it would sell well here.
Bog is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2015, 13:51
Bog
Supporter
 
Bog's Avatar
 
Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Join Date: 5th October 2006
Location: Radlett, Hertfordshire GB
Posts: 6,455
Thanks: 281
Thanked 850 Times in 675 Posts
iTrader: (34)
Eco display


Looks like the US version of the 1.5 is a different engine (DOHC without VTEC)
Bog is offline  
Thank You to Bog from 2 Users:
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2015, 22:34
 
Car: 2012 1.8 5 door,White Orchid
Join Date: 7th July 2012
Location: AUS AU
Posts: 1,073
Thanks: 101
Thanked 94 Times in 83 Posts
iTrader: (0)
10G Civic New Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bog View Post


Looks like the US version of the 1.5 is a different engine (DOHC without VTEC)

So it appears that the 1.5L turbo engine that will be used in the 10G Euro hatch is the one used in the Jade (with VTEC) and maxxed out in power. If the power output is confirmed then my next car will likely be the 10G hatch. The decision to have a 174hp 1.5L turbo in US and Canada makes sense as they also have an Si which traditionally has more power than the base models. That car would probably use a detuned version of the 2L turbo.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Vti07; 2nd November 2015 at 22:46.
Vti07 is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2015, 23:03
Supporter
 
IWANTACIVIC's Avatar
 
Car: 2015 1.6 civic tourer sr
Join Date: 16th September 2006
Location: LINCS UK ENGLAND
Posts: 1,615
Thanks: 37
Thanked 50 Times in 45 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Eco display
Send a message via AIM to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via MSN to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Skype™ to IWANTACIVIC
127 bhp out of a 1.0 turbo be nice too I bet if it's like eco boost from Ford I tried 1.0 eco boost focus and was impressed but like was said before under 30 mpg in town is poor but that is what Ford do well in use fuel like is going out of fashion. Was surprised to see new 1.5 diesel doing high 50s combined nice up from low 40s.
IWANTACIVIC is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2015, 17:07
 
Car: Civic Sport Plus
Join Date: 31st March 2009
Location: Lj SI
Posts: 707
Thanks: 49
Thanked 106 Times in 100 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vti07 View Post
So it appears that the 1.5L turbo engine that will be used in the 10G Euro hatch is the one used in the Jade (with VTEC) and maxxed out in power. If the power output is confirmed then my next car will likely be the 10G hatch. The decision to have a 174hp 1.5L turbo in US and Canada makes sense as they also have an Si which traditionally has more power than the base models. That car would probably use a detuned version of the 2L turbo.
You are wrong. 1.0 turbo has VTEC on the intake side, 1.5 turbo has no VTEC but they will market it as VTEC Turbo.
dcivic is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2015, 19:10
Supporter
 
balleballe's Avatar
 
Car: 2008 2.2 5 door, NHB
Join Date: 19th February 2015
Location: Gateshead GB
Posts: 628
Thanks: 50
Thanked 95 Times in 85 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWANTACIVIC View Post
127 bhp out of a 1.0 turbo be nice too I bet if it's like eco boost from Ford I tried 1.0 eco boost focus and was impressed but like was said before under 30 mpg in town is poor but that is what Ford do well in use fuel like is going out of fashion. Was surprised to see new 1.5 diesel doing high 50s combined nice up from low 40s.
Let's just hope Honda don't get the DMF wrong like Ford. Massive issue with the ecoboosts
balleballe is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2015, 21:26
Supporter
 
IWANTACIVIC's Avatar
 
Car: 2015 1.6 civic tourer sr
Join Date: 16th September 2006
Location: LINCS UK ENGLAND
Posts: 1,615
Thanks: 37
Thanked 50 Times in 45 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Eco display
Send a message via AIM to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via MSN to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Skype™ to IWANTACIVIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by balleballe View Post
Let's just hope Honda don't get the DMF wrong like Ford. Massive issue with the ecoboosts
Yer agreed we need reliable cars as well as new cars.
IWANTACIVIC is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 4th November 2015, 01:48
 
DanishDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26th December 2006
Location: Roskilde in Denmark DK
Posts: 47
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by balleballe View Post
A 1.5 turbo Vtec kicking out 150bhp would be nice.

If you look at all these small engines with turbos which have become so popular their 'real life' economy has been waaaay off the 'official' MPG. My mates got a focus ecoboost, gets 40mpg on a run and 28-30 around town. He's also had his DMF replaced twice since buying the car new!

VAG's new 1.4TSI is pretty good economy wise and is lovely to drive. VAG have realised they can't make timing chains to save their lives so the new engine has a belt. My sister has a new golf with the 150 ACT engine. When she came up to see me her dash was showing 54mpg (220 mile journey driving at 70ish). She filled up before she went back and I worked out the actual MPG which was 51. That's impressive for a petrol by anyone's standards.
I’m quite difficult to impress when it comes to fuel economy, since December 2014 my average is close to 52 mpg. I’ve never fueled the car driven a longer trip in one go and then fueled again, but indications from the board computer after fueling and longer 70 mph trips have been up to over 62 mpg. The best so far between “multi trip” fuelings is 57,3 mpg, I’m not that convinced a small turbo-engine will do much better.

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/676713.html
DanishDude is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 4th November 2015, 05:44
Administrator
 
Kremmen's Avatar
 
Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Join Date: 7th January 2007
Location: West London ENGLAND
Posts: 20,944
Thanks: 857
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Eco display Eco display
Garage
If you are using spritmonitor then you can link to it in your usercp and it will show up on the left, like mine does.
Kremmen is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 4th November 2015, 12:24
Supporter
 
balleballe's Avatar
 
Car: 2008 2.2 5 door, NHB
Join Date: 19th February 2015
Location: Gateshead GB
Posts: 628
Thanks: 50
Thanked 95 Times in 85 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishDude View Post
Iím quite difficult to impress when it comes to fuel economy, since December 2014 my average is close to 52 mpg. Iíve never fueled the car driven a longer trip in one go and then fueled again, but indications from the board computer after fueling and longer 70 mph trips have been up to over 62 mpg. The best so far between ďmulti tripĒ fuelings is 57,3 mpg, Iím not that convinced a small turbo-engine will do much better.

Details: Honda - Civic - 1,8 Comfort Edition - Spritmonitor.de
A small turbo engined petrol will not do better for out and out MPG

On a petrol the maintenance is cheaper and there will be less to go wrong (such as DPF etc..)

If you look as the possible MPG of the 1.5 turbo unit in comparison to the 1.6 then it does indeed make it tempting (especially when you consider the petrol will have a high BHP).

Lets say hypothetically that the Honda 1.5 gives the same economy as VAG's 1.4 TSI.

On a long Journey you're looking at 51mpg compared to 70mpg with the 1.6 IDTEC and around 58mpg with the 2.2 IDTEC On short journeys the petrol should give equivalent mpg to the diesel. Lets say you do 15k miles a year and i'll use the current price at my local Shell petrol station

1.5T VTEC = 1338 litres = £1378
1.6 IDTEC = 975 litres = £1073
2.2 IDTEC = 1177 litres = £1294

Lets say that you keep the car for 5 years. You can pretty much assume a clutch + DMF change in all 3 models (although less likely to fail in the petrol due to less torque) along with a DPF change in the diesels. Clutches/DMFs for petrols seem to be cheaper. Lets assume all the engines have an EGR that is equally reliable

DMF, clutch and DPF for the diesels - £2000
DMF and clutch for the Petrol - £900

So total cost in 5 years would be:

1.5T VTEC = £7790
1.6 IDTEC = £7365
2.2 IDTEC = £8470


The petrol will be lighter - so better handling and more mileage out of tyres
The petrol will heat up quicker - useful in the winter if you want warm air
balleballe is offline  
Reply

  Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > General Discussion (10G)

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10G Civic. atom3624 General Discussion (10G) 746 26th June 2017 00:48
Could 10G Civic look like this.. Bog General Discussion (10G) 18 3rd September 2016 16:47
10G Civic Sedan Preview Cactus Jack General Discussion (10G) 42 6th March 2016 11:42
Civic 10G coming 2016? mondgesicht General Discussion (9G) 53 8th August 2014 11:16

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome