2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Apps in Honda Unit

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Steve_m 
#1 ·
Hey all
So whats apps on your Honda Unit you using most when driving or just chilling :) ?
For me bsplayer at the moment

#2 ·
Aside from the GPS Apps, where I usually default back to the inbuilt anyway, I've been using Camsam (The "Safety Alerts" Version created by bog IIRC) on autostart.

It does feel a bit like I'm driving nightrider when turning the key, as the car announces "Position found" etc :p - It does do a good job of notifying of cameras too.

#5 ·
CMDroid should have most of what you need; I don't have a 10G So I can't write a full guide, but I can share this guide from XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...eloper-mode-2017-t3621582?nocache=1&nocache=1

Once that is done, you can find the Camsam App on CMDroid, Alternatively, @Bog has a version with altered icons, renamed "Safety Alerts" Which gives a more OEM Look.

If you do have questions about the guide, I'll do my best to answer them with my knowledge of the 9G Connect unit, but not all is the same :)

#8 ·
No, that's not what I meant.
I was just wanting to poke about to see what the 'other' menus do.
I did not do the routine to enable USB Debugging as in para 1.
What I did was the three fingered salute and got up the two grey menu items as indicated in para 2. first bullet point, but the 'bottom item' was not ' Detail Information & Settings.'
Is it necessary to set up the developer mode before you can get this menu item?

Thinking about my Android phone, when I have enabled developer mode, I just get the addition of the 'Developer options' menu item

#9 ·
Having entered the diagnostic menu you get the 2 large white boxes.

Top one is "Self-Diagnosis Mode (Display audio will check internal function, connections, etc. Perform this test with stopped and engine running)"

Bottom one is "Detail Information & Setting. (Individual diagnostic screen to confirm a specific diagnostic screen)"

This is the normal, you don't have to entered developer mode.

#11 ·
@Haltamer

Thanks for the link, does the CMDroid/laptop method include pro or is that only basic? I can't seem to find the answer in the first post of the link
If basic, do you need to manually start Camsam every time to start the car? I understand pro has the option to start any apps on start up.
What sound notification do you use on Camsam? The default seems to be very high pitched, not sure what other sounds you could get from the Honda connect system
Are you using basic or pro version of Camsam?
Is CamSam taxing on the Honda connect system, do you notice it being any slower?

Thanks in advance!

#13 · (Edited)
@Haltamer

I've installed CamSam but have an issue where the audio alerts won't sound unless my car is in the 'App Audio' channel.
For instance if I'm listening to the 'FM Radio' channel Camsam will flash up on the headunit but there won't be any audio alerts.

I could be in Audio channels - USB/FM/DAB/Bluetooth and none of them would alert CamSam.

I also tried installing Tomtom Speed Cameras and that has the same issue, I believe it is more of a car related issue than an app.

I know you have a 9G, do you have that problem and how did you get around it?

#15 ·
@Haltamer

I have Honda hack pro installed and remember several options within the settings menu but it still didn't work.
What is Mike_s permissions app?
If you can grab some pictures that would be very helpful! :smile3:

I was already planning of going down the route of having a phone plugged in constantly to the car and auto power on/off but that seemed like bit of a faff, and i already spent $25 on Honda hack :surprise:

#17 ·
Mike_S permissions app is not relevant for 10G, you are in the hands of what is set-up in Hondahack, there is a setting to allow navigation apps to sound out over others sources in the pro version, but not sure if CamSam would be recognised as a navigation app, that may only be set up for waze and sygic which are the navigation apps included in the Hondahack downloads.

#16 · (Edited)
I think I found your thread:

https://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-g...ng-3rd-party-applications-stock-headunit.html

But this is for 9G, since I already installed honda hack and can install 3rd party apks do I just go ahead and install HondaAppCenter_A1.apk/HondaPermissions.apk, then Select the requisite permissions for each app?

Something like this?

Tomtom:
Process name: com.tomtom.speedcams.android.map
Package name: com.tomtom.speedcams.android.map
Auth Type = THIRD_PARTY
App Type = NAVI
VideoOut = OFF
SoundOut = OFF
SoundInterrupt = ON
SoundInterruptMude = ON
LastMode = ON
OomSetPerm = OFF
ProcessKillTarget = OFF

CamSam:
Process name: com.camsam.plus
Package name: com.camsam.plus
Auth Type = THIRD_PARTY
App Type = NAVI
VideoOut = OFF
SoundOut = OFF
SoundInterrupt = ON
SoundInterruptMude = ON
LastMode = ON
OomSetPerm = OFF
ProcessKillTarget = OFF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.