2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

OE 11 / 10 speaker system. How is it?

12K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  czechplastik 
#1 · (Edited)
Upgraded OE 11 / 10 speaker system. How is it?

Hello Everybody,

Just a few quick questions around the OE sound systems in 10G and 9G as comparison.

Did anybody had a chance to compare standard (is it 8 speakers system?) to upgraded OE 11 / 10 (10 is the upgraded version for saloon / sedan / 4d version)?

Is it just that they have added X amount of speakers or are they different brand / model of speakers also?

How in general sound system compares to 9G? I know 9G system and I really like it. It is well balanced system. Is 10G same or better / worse?

Thanks

#6 ·
I took a deliver of my premium spec 4d and drove about 200km. The sound system sadly seems to be a downgrade in compare to 9g. I have to find where I can adjust EQ for it but I do not expect massive changes in my views of it. Maybe when it plays for a bit it will improve when the speakers break-in a bit.

Other then that I am impressed with chassis performance in compare to 9g and not impressed with mostly useless functions of display where the speedo is.

Good to now about potentially not having a sub-woofer.

#8 ·
Yes, seems that US versions are cheaper and with more stuff in it. For example I cannot find the way to activate auto locking of the car when I walk away with the fob in my pocket (in key less version). Also in US version they have SDD built in into head unit which records 1h of radio when you listen to so you can pause and go back to the beginning of the song etc. (I do not think EU models have it?). In US they have all components of sunroof automatic even the liner sliding cover is automatic. The sunroof can be also controlled by voice commands while I do not think it works in EU models... I will probably discover more as I go and get familiar with the car. Disappointing.

Cheers

#17 ·
Read the hifi magazines
I can read some quite convincing stuff about alien abduction and spiritualism if I chose to read the relevant magazines.>:)

OK, I can see the compliance of the cone suspension, especially on big ones, could possibly make a bit of difference to the sound, but find it hard to believe that the Honda system will 'burn in' and sound so much better.

Incidentally, and a point of technical detail, speakers better not oscillate, they are supposed to be designed to accurately follow the input signal, and their natural resonant frequency is a bit of a pain as far as this is concerned.

You will be telling me next that gold plated connectors and oxygen free copper wire make a difference. Pure hocus pocus. Copper is a better conductor of electricity than gold, and silver beats copper. So using gold plated terminals will actually add resistance to a circuit, not lower it.
The only advantages of gold plating is to reduce any corrosion effects that only occur after a relatively long period of time, and, of course, they look nice.0:)

#22 ·
Naim

Think the Civic sport+ could do with a bit of oomph on the base front, but not too bad overall.

O/T but was disappointed with my home Naim speakers system and when i spoke to their customer service, they told me it would (should) improve after running in for ~ 100 hrs. It did.

Also, their systems go to 11. :laugh2: Seriously. Apparently based on that spinal tap clip.:grin2::grin2:

#25 ·
Best way to improve the sound if you're not happy with it is to sound deaden the doors/speaker locations. Sound deadening the doors will help remove any rattles induced by bass heavy songs. Although the best form to avoid this is for the system to have a subwoofer and remove the sub freqs from the woofers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.