2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

New insurance quote

3K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  OvergrownDave 
#1 ·
Got a quote from esure of my 06 1.8 ivtec EX, £380.07. That is included legal cover, courtesy car, windscreen cover.....etc, except breakdown cover. With full NCB, 36yr old driver, plus my wife as a addictional driver who passed her test last than a year.
Is it a really good quote ?[smilie=tongue.gif]

#2 ·
Hi Scooby........try Direct Line I have just switched after being with Churchills. Got quite a pleasant suprise when it came out at £120 cheaper with more benifits...
1. Insured against Non Isured drivers
2. Buisness Use
3. Free vandalism damage

Thought thast was agood move to switch

#3 ·
Also try Liverpool Victoria - I'm 43 but have a couple of name drivers on the policy, the youngest being 33 the other has got convictions and had an accident within the last 5 years, I admitted to having the windows tinted (no extra premium thankfully) and was quoted £288 though no courtesy car or legal assistance included. Hit the usual sites likes moneysupermarket & confused.com to see what they come up with.

Good hunting

#4 ·
Thanks guys, in fact I've been with DirectLine for nearly 10years now. And they quote me £530 ! Rang up to ask them could they beat that, but they couldn't do it anywhere near that quote. Sad though, because I never have any problem with DirectLine but I have to leave them now.
Oh, I used gocompare.com to compare the quote.

#7 ·
I'm with Admiral but got a cheaper quote from More Than when i was due to renew. Rang Admiral and told them i was going to swap if they couldn't match the price and after a minute they did match it.. Saved me £50 and the hassle of changing insurers.

Costs me £390 with all benefits (no claims protection, legal cover, courtesy car etc) and business use.

#8 ·
I find Elephant.co.uk comes out quite cheap for me, but a couple of my friends tried them and they were not so good.

Maybe call directline again and say its as simple as if you want to keep my business (which is easier all round) then match or better the quote you've had.

I'm surprised they didn't move very much, especially given all their advertising, thought they'd be more competitive than that.

#10 ·
every insurance company will give you a great deal the first time you insure with them,and then bump it up the next year,it pays to use several comparison sites to get the best deal each time it comes up for renewal,i've used 3 over the last 3 years. nhb 2007 ctr protected ncd ect £240.00 swift cover :D

#12 ·
it can depend on you're age and history,i'm 42 (a truck driver for my sins !) and have a clean licence.never had a claim in my life.

#13 · (Edited)
Looks like it is your wife that may be the problem - if she has only past her test in the last year !!!:eek:

My renewal quote for my 2.0 auto CR-V ES was £277.11:D:D:D

33yrs old clean license
full ncd protected and legal cover included

Do a quote on direct line with just you driving - then one including your wife
see if / how much of a difference it is making

Then tell her to get her cheque book out ;)

#14 ·
exactly i think the other driver is bumping it up,the other half would never get to drive mine,i frighten her to death every time she gets in it,she hates it great!!

#15 ·
just renewing my insurance end of the month, i had a renewal of 803, but i have gone with norwhich union, 9 month plan with a full year ncb at end of it, im 20 with 2 yrs no claims, fully comp is 513 which i think is excellent for my age etc.

#16 ·
Checkout MoneySavingExpert.com for advice on car insurance. The key to finding the best deal is to use the major comparison sites (Confused, GoCompare and MoneySupermarket), and contact the one or two insurers who refuse to cooperate with the comparison sites.

I'm with SwiftCover.com, who because they're online only offer huge discounted prices. I'm only paying £290 for my hybrid, with 5yrs no claims, 3 points (SP50) and all the extras thrown in - and contrary to what someone was saying earlier, they HAVENT increased in my second year after switching, they dropped it again and stayed the lowest.

#17 ·
Don't worry guys you all pay less than me :sad:

I paid £650 for the year ( and that was the best quote I could get) - I am 35 years old but live in Poland. The insurance is a little different over here as you insure the car not the driver, so basically anyone can drive your car and that is just the way it is you can't change that - practical but expensive!

So be happy with your quotes :wink:

#19 ·
In my experience insurane companys are a right mixed box of tricks some good some absolutly useless , i was insured by More that for over six years getting great premium rates dead happy in my fifth year with them i made sure my no clames were protected this cost me an extra tenner for admin costs plus the hour i spent on the phone to india, anyway about a year later a young ladett decided to drive down a dark road in the rain with no lights on ang guess who pulled out infront of her yes that was me , not much damage caused just a new head light for her car and a bumper repair for me , we exchanged details i rang her 2 days later to find out the cost of her headlight and she said that she wanted no more contact and her insurance company would be intouch any way 18 months later 4 claim forms filled in and endless hours of phone calls to different departments of more than in india later job was sorted then 4 months later i got a re quote for my next years cover it was over £2000 so i rang them and spoke to a lady in scotland she said my no claims wernt protected and it wasnt in more thans best intrests to have me as a customer i asked her for the details of the claim and was told that the car that i had the accident with had beed written off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a smashed headlight written off , apparently the chassie had been bent out of allignment , i said i dont think so the accident happened at less than 5 mph which was stated on all four of my claims forms. Anyway im now a very happy tesco insurance puchaser this years quote for myself and my partner was £380 fully comp , vandal damage , windscreen cover , legal aid and courtsey car all in and whats more you speen to a fluent english speaking person.

#20 ·
Am at present insured with kwikfit on my 04 accord exec fully comp
48 year old maximum no claims £385 a year and its only a group 11
pick up my new type r 30th july and rang kwikfit up for a quote
the best they could do was £585 legal cover protected no claims
3 points TS10

used the comparison site linked to autotrader and esure came up with
£351 same deal, I then added the wife and this reduced the premium
to £320

how can kwikfit charge me £385 for group 11 yet esure only want £321
for a group 17?

just shows you how much mark up they have or are prepared to sacrifice
for new customers

#21 ·
I dont thinkyour wife would have pushed the amount up by that amount. In the past i have witnessed the policy going up due to where you live. Big differences from place to place.

#22 ·
£600 odd quid for type r fully comp with all the extras including european cover which I thought was very good from Sainsbury's car insurance (32 years old with 1 crash in the last 5 years) :)

#25 · (Edited)
I've been getting quotes for my insurance as its due up soon. Best i've had is Bell Direct, 1 years no claims with legal cover, windscreen cover & Third Party cover at £383 - Oh and I better add thats fully comp. I don't opt for a car due to the fact if I was in an accident etc I have another 4 cars to choose from in the house.

I've tried to get an online quote from Direct Line etc but as soon as they see its a CTR with someone under 25 driving then they just ask you to phone. May give them a try tho and see what laughable figure I get

#26 ·
I've been getting quotes for my insurance as its due up soon. Best i've had is Bell Direct, 1 years no claims with legal cover, windscreen cover & Third Party cover at £383. I don't opt for a car due to the fact if I was in an accident etc I have another 4 cars to choose from in the house.

I've tried to get an online quote from Direct Line etc but as soon as they see its a CTR with someone under 25 driving then they just ask you to phone. May give them a try tho and see what laughable figure I get
I once got quoted £10,000.00 for MIV Golf GTI (and it was only the 2.0 8v thing as well!)
£5,000.00 for a Skoda Ocatavia Vrs an £8,000.00 for a Clio 172
:(

Suffice to say I purchased none of these cars!

#30 ·
Well I guess I was 19/20 at the time, had 0 no claims discount (though I'd been driving company cars for 2 or so years).

I won't say who the unsurer was, but they didn't quote me happy.

#32 ·
And male! I know I shouldn't be complaining but I think its unfair that guys get hammered when girls don't really. £517 on a brand new type r with 0 no claims at 23 years old (just) is rather shocking in comparison to what some guys who've been driving for years get quoted.

I can imagine, I'm thinking of getting some.
Hours of endless fun and the reap rewards ha ha [smilie=cheeky-grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.