2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Privacy Glass

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  scol78 
#1 ·
Has anyone got privacy glass in the rear side windows ?. 8)

#9 ·
i was thinking abour having the rear windows and windscreen done on my 1.4 when i get it but after seeing these pics not so sure how good it looks, but ill have a think.

#12 ·
Pottsy said:
aman - Welcome! Would be interesting to see what it looks like for real. I seem to remember that it's now illegal to do the front windows, but I could be wrong (about 6 years ago I made a website for a company that did this stuff - http://www.trimtechnik.net/mainframe.htm but my memory's fading...)
It is illegal here anyway. Might be an EU-wide thing.

#13 ·
Over here, it's illegal because the winters can get very dark, and a darkened windshield would seriously limit your vision. Fans of conspiracy theories also say it's also because police cameras couldn't take pictures of the driver if the windshield was dark. :)

I'm also getting a black Civic, so of course I'll have the rear / rear side windows covered with heat & UV blocking film.

BTW, where can I get those cool folding flippety-flop windshield sun screens? I've seen them in France, they're made of reflective material in a springy wire frame, so you can twist them into a small loop when not in use, and open them up with a flick of a wrist. They reflect the sunlight, so the car gets a little bit less hot inside when parked.

#14 ·
Skaven252 said:
Over here, it's illegal because the winters can get very dark, and a darkened windshield would seriously limit your vision. Fans of conspiracy theories also say it's also because police cameras couldn't take pictures of the driver if the windshield was dark. :)

I'm also getting a black Civic, so of course I'll have the rear / rear side windows covered with heat & UV blocking film.

BTW, where can I get those cool folding flippety-flop windshield sun screens? I've seen them in France, they're made of reflective material in a springy wire frame, so you can twist them into a small loop when not in use, and open them up with a flick of a wrist. They reflect the sunlight, so the car gets a little bit less hot inside when parked.
8) Just bought one last week from Malta. Could've brought you one if you had said so earlier. :wink:

#17 ·
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WOW thats amazing im definatley going to get tints now.

#19 ·
Lookin' very good with storms and all :D

More pictures would be appreciated.

#23 ·
Aman, How much did your tints cost. I spoke to a guy who does powder shrink. He quoted me £00 for the rear and read sides. I thought this was a bit much and he said cos the curvature of the rear screen it would take longer and is more complicated. I was shocked as a mate had all windows done on his rover for £120. Suggestions as to what to get done and how much it should cost?

#25 ·
Seems some of you guys had a visit to malta. :) I live here, Getting my Civic delivered next December. Any one of you who had driven here will understand why getting the Storms was not an option. Probably more pothoes here than in Iraq :)
Will keep you posted on how my baby will cope with the horrid roads here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.