2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Highest mileages (Merged)

27K views 98 replies 68 participants last post by  gilbertdig2021 
#1 ·
Doubtless this has been done before but I couldn't find a thread with Search. Apols, if so.

I'm thinking about mileages because my 1.8 is just about to creep over 100,000. In olden times I would have considered that a lot, but after clearing 178,000 in my last car (a Subaru) I'm not frightened of numbers any more.

What sort of mileages have people achieved on here?

#2 ·
Not an MK8 but my MK7 1.6l civic had 120k and never failed an MOT hence why I've only ever bought Hondas since :)

Poor sod was ran bone dry on oil for about 500 miles before I realised and had a lucky escape when it was on about 70k... bullet proof!

Reactions: genkville
#5 ·
I am loving all this good news, mine is a 2009 and only 33,000 miles.
I think it will go for a bit longer. >:)

#10 · (Edited)
Highest mileages

I bought a 2008 2.2 FN2 a couple of years ago which had 155k on the clock, ran brilliant but unfortunately had to get rid, nothing car related. Checked the MOT on it the other day and it passed on 188k miles! I know it's diesel but these Hondas seem pretty indestructible if driven right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
08 2.2 and about 133k miles on the clock. Still running great and not failed an MOT in the passed few years according to the MOT checker website. Next one is due within the month so fingers crossed it's more of the same!

#12 ·
Super reliable engines all the way. Mine mora than 130k on the clock, and still strong. The secret is a good maintenance, little care, allow the engine to warm before struggling, and in turbo engines wait a moment to get colder before turn off the engine.

#27 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.