2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Looking for a FN2 finally

2K views 38 replies 9 participants last post by  dobbyboy83 
#1 ·
Im finally in a position to get a FN2. Been looking breifly the last couple of days. Is there anything major to keep an eye out for?. Im keeping the ex 8th gen for the wife, which i cant fault. Im in the trade so know the basics but hate being caught out on things. Ive tried to post in wanted section but cant for some reason?. Any help or people due to sell will be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#8 ·
The wifes only paved the way for the fn2 today lol. She likes it so much (as do i) as a family car. Gives me a chance to get one now without hassle hopefully. First honda and well impressed cant imagine the smile on my face on the fn2. Drove a s2000 n dc5 teg. Both a league of there own but impressive. Although 40bhp up.

#14 ·
3rd gear was mainly 07 plates, ensure it was done in the recall.
Check when / if clutch was done. If the bite's on the floor and stiff gears use it as a bargaining chip.
Check the roof rust too along the windscreen rubber.
Vtec engages smoothly, no smoke, chugs or hesitation, if so walk away.
Check service history, main thing for these are regular oil changes!
Calipers like to stick, after checking vtec stop and hold your hand near the four rotors for excessive heat.

Other than that just niggles across 8G platform, clicking subframe / clutch pedal etc

Reactions: dobbyboy83
#15 ·
I could be persuaded to let mine go.
It's a 57 plate Milano GT with HFT & Sat Nav
Quaffe LSD
Spoon Rigid Collar kit for the subframe,
New clutch fitted at TGM a few months ago
68k miles
Stoptech touring front brakes (brake pads covered approx 3k miles)
Yokohama AD08s all round (new in the summer)
Roof repaired under warranty by Honda in my ownership.

Probably some other stuff I forgotten. Looking for £6400

#27 ·
Nice clean and tidy car, new to the FN2 myself atm. Be prepared to frequent the petrol station more often lol a small price for fun though :)

Reactions: dobbyboy83
#33 ·
He would say that haha. In my experience the warranties that get sold as an extra from dealers aren't worth the paper they're wrote on, anything that can be deemed wear and tear usually isn't covered. Its the dealers responsibility to sell a car that is fit for purpose, if it needs a new clutch I'd go straight back to the dealer.

Im sure there is a sticky on here somewhere that shows how to raise the biting point of the clutch, do you have any free play in the pedal before it engages?

#35 ·
Had a nice run today got the feel of the car really impressed. Once it was warm changes where a little better. However a few crunches into second and 4th. It aint right seems to me maybe pressure plate, master cylinder?. However ive contacted warranty company and waiting reply.Either way by law am guessing the repair has to be done?.

#36 ·
If you got it from a dealer then yes it should be fit for purpose, they will complain the clutch is a wear item so best getting it done asap.

It's not a massive job and makes the world of difference.

#37 ·
Well it was from a gargae called second chance car finance in weatherby. Was a repossessed car as all his stock where. Cracking condition i just thought at first the clutch pedal difference till i got home into more stop start traffic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.