2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Insturment Cluster Backlight Problem

11K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  thesexpistol 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I own Honda Civic FK2 2006 European model. I have a problem with my instrument cluster (that has RPM, temperature, fuel level and other warning indications) that its backlight goes off randomly regardless if the car is being driven or standing still. When I touch the instrument cluster's dimmer knob, the backlight comes on again. There are basically 3 screens in the dash and only one screen has this problem. You can take a look at the for this problem.

I would like to know if anyone out there knows how to fix this issue ? would really appreciate your input. Thanks :)
Umair

#11 ·
Old thread but I have had this issue for well over a year now and no resolve, even trying a second hand second cluster. My issue is the same as OP, only now it hardly comes on at all unless I hit a hump, or I press dimmer button. Im resultant to to get another cluster due to miss match of millage, rather keep my own.

Thanks,
Dan

#12 ·
Aren't there bulbs in the back that can be changed?

Altho that is quite an old school thing... I've had to mess around with my speedo and radio display, the speedo needed a new one dropped in and the radio display contacts needed a re-soldering.

I'm assuming the main cluster can be opened up and soldered too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.