Help! Cannot start the car - Page 3 - Civinfo
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2019, 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by easty101 View Post
Iíve had some battery problems. If I donít drive for a little over a week, it needs to be jumpstarted. Is there a decent way to measure the charge in the battery?

I read on another website there is a chart that, on a rested battery, you can use the voltage to estimate how much charge is left. So 12.67 was 100% and 12.0 was 0% charge left. I take it thatís all wishful?
1. Something is leeching the power from the battery.
2. The battery is old and need replacing.

A new car battery can easily be left for over a month and still have power to start the car (Personal experience). If its dying at 1 week then the battery is still usable but will ultimately need replacing.
easty101 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2019, 21:37

Car: 2009 GT EX Auto
French seller, i assumed the standard warranty was 4 years ? there is another one in my list- uk based - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Batter...T&_trksid=p206
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 4th April 2019, 19:20

Following!this seems like a very interesting thread

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 4th April 2019, 21:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMZee View Post
1. Something is leeching the power from the battery.

2. The battery is old and need replacing.

A new car battery can easily be left for over a month and still have power to start the car (Personal experience). If its dying at 1 week then the battery is still usable but will ultimately need replacing.

Thatís my understanding too, should last a month or even a month and a half. Tested for leeching, couldnít find anything but now put in a new battery.

Itís a shame thereís no decent indicator of how much charge is left. Itís a guessing game.
iMZee likes this.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > General Discussion (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page