Mapping my 2.2 cdti - Civinfo
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By SoichiroSan
  • 2 Post By Hilge

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 18:46 Thread Starter

Mapping my 2.2 cdti

Hi guys recently joined the forum and wanted some advice from as many people as possible. Bought a 2009 gt type s cdti lovely looking car in my option but feels a bit slowish. I did have a seat Leon 184 tdi before the civic that i leased. Been quoted 149 to get my car mapped taking power from 138 to 185bhp and torque from 340nm to 401nm. The power number isn't important to me its just the extra shove from the torque i miss. I'm aware of the problems with the clutch being the week point. Mines feels fine with no signs of slipping etc. The car had covered 75000 full service history,don't no if clutch has been changed already,didn't realise before i bought the car there was any issues with the clutch. Anyone with the face lift model have any experience with outcomes after having the map or encountered problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 18:57
Supporter

Car: Audi A3 2.0 TDI 2015
Clutch is ****, it WILL do but depends when is how its driven.

I read that on a standard clutch a member replaced 2 x every 12 - 18 months

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 19:08 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I wont be rallying the car about lol. Just want the extra bit of torque for motorway use overtaking etc. I really dont like how much lag the car has turbo doesn't kick in until 2000rpm. Its a lovely car with really nice styling.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 21:29
Supporter

My advise would be to get used to the torque it has, explore that tug in 4th, 5th and 6th. It really is ample for every day use......

if you insist it isn't enough, budget for an up-rated clutch, better brakes, suspension work and a good set of tyres. You may be able to tick some of the boxes already, but IMHO, it takes less money to go faster, than it does to stop as fast.....

But most of all, enjoy it and keep it shiny side up.

Ian.
HENDY likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 24th May 2019, 07:52
Supporter

Garage
I had a FRV which is the same engine, I had a economy map stuck it it which raised the BHP to around 160 bhp and the torque about the same % increase too. It made a noticeable difference and was great off the line, I had no clutch issues and this is a 6 seater we are talking about so an economy map may be your answer if you only want to liven it up and not go full out.

Celtic are highly recommended and will come to you if you choose and I had mine done a Midland Remaps.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 29th May 2019, 11:37
Supporter

Garage
My car was remapped by Fahad at Premier Tuning, sadly the clutch couldn't take full throttle even building into it slowly so removed it and went back to standard. Yes i would like more power/torque, but the clutches have a design flaw. Seeing as you have a 2009 you might have the slightly better version. Pricing was around 250 if i remember correctly. You will probably need to upgrade the brakes if you do decide to remap as they are shocking enough even on standard power when pressing on.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 29th May 2019, 12:32
more torque than the mrs

Car: 2008 2.2 type s gt blusilver
Thanked 1,790 Times in 1,560 Posts
Garage
had my remapped a few years ago approx 197bhp and the original clutch started slipping so had a honda 325 clutch fitted and its been fine no probs at all..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 29th May 2019, 16:41
Supporter

Car: 2.2 ES-T Celtic S1/DF Clutch
I've been running the Celtic Stage 1 (193bhp/400Nm) with a CG Motorsports Clutch now, for 3 years/28000 miles - lovely drive & NO issues...

CG Motorsport Dual Friction Clutch Kit | CG Motorsport

Hilge
Farqui and He_Who_Is_T like this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 8th June 2019, 20:53

Car: 2007/57 Civic 2.2 i-CTDi
As Hilge said (and the general advice of others) - unless you want to be installing a CG 666 clutch & convert your flywheel to single-mass - you're better getting used to the torque that the car has. Our dervs have a lot of torque already, but the ECU will take some 'training' if your car has been used for a lot of gentle driving originally. Try the old tip: disconnect battery; press brake pedal to clear resistors of residual power; reconnect battery; give it an absolute booting for 15 mins. This may change the way the ECU behaves.

At least you've got a post-'08, which comes with the '323' clutch: whilst not really being able to take a map well, they're a lot better than the previous clutches. Mine decked-it at 75k - cost over a grand to fix, and it's still not running right. The main thing is, it's all a bit ambiguous: some people get 10,000 out of their clutch with a remap; others say that you're fine as long as you keep the torque below 300 lbs/ft; others go beyond this and have no problems at all. I guess it's all just pot luck.

Alternatively, you could factor in clutch repairs as part of budgeting for your remap. Not meaning this sarcastically, either - it has been known for people to readily change their clutches every year!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > General Discussion (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page