2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Haunted Civic?

4K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  iMZee 
#1 ·
You lot will proberly think I'm mad, but hey, it's a problem thats there and needs sorting. I'm not a nut case and genuinely something needs to be done about it and it's quite intriguing.

Long story short, the previous owner of my Civic had unfortunately died and I bought the car from his sons. Assuming this is the sorce of the issue. I've had the car for 4 months and personally I have noticed, but never thought anything of it really.

It started when I noticed my nephew would constantly cry when being put into it and just stared at it with a blank face when its parked up. Just recently however, when inside the car, he laughs alot and mutters, like hes trying to talk to someone. He's 16 months old, he doesnt quite talk yet. He also keeps focusing his eyes at something that moves around, I watch him in the mirror and it freaks the crap out of me. When he stares at the car now, he now smiles and just stares. He does not do this with other cars.

The dogs simply refuse to get into the car and wimper when in it, they occasionally bark at it too. Again, no problems with other family members cars and never problems with previous cars.

The thing thats freaked me out however, we have cctv, I sometimes look through them in my ipad - last night I couldnt sleep and saw the interior light turned itself on for around ten minutes and off. This was around 3 in the morning - I have it saved, but no idea how I upload this.

I've never come across anything like this before, so no idea if its my imagination, but it doesn't feel like it. It may come across as a joke, but I just want it to stop.

What are peoples thoughts on this? :???:

See less See more
#3 ·
Blimey, that is some spooky stuff going on there mate. I'd maybe sell it. I'm a believer in the afterlife myself so stuff like that would totally freak me out. On a side note, I once got slapped across the back of the head by a ghost when I was in the shower. Honestly now I kid you not, completely true story.

#8 ·
Unusual scenario to say the least. Why haunt a car, who knows. Also, i would think we all own something from either a deceased's estate, for example a watch, jewellery etc. The house we've owned last 5 years, the gentleman of the couple died there. Thousands more similar. Still, does'nt help your problem.

3 solutions, ignore it and see if it goes away, sell the car or enquire about an exorcising 'ceremony'

#15 ·
Hee Hee:grin2:
Well, of course you are right solly. I must have had a really serious senior moment not to have thought that one through to its logical conclusion.>:)

Still, Cheddars' experiences do seem a little on the spooky side.
So the consensus seems to be Ghost-busters or The Exorcist then.:wink3:

#16 ·
I'm not religious nor do i believe in the afterlife or any such things. That being said, and, all jokes aside i firmly do believe that if a person does hold those beliefs it's not my place to argue with that...although a bit of gentle ribbing doesn't hurt as long as it's all in good fun :grin2:
For this reason due to my complete lack of knowledge in this arena i really don't know what to suggest. Best of luck getting to the bottom of this phenomena, Be it paranormal or just a dodgy connection and the fact Cheddars driving scares the bejeysus out of both the dogs and his Nephew...

Regards, Olly

#18 · (Edited)
The mind is a powerful thing that sometimes relies on imagination to fill in any gaps, all perfectly normal and doesn't mean that you're mad... I believe that this also explains people's inexplicable faith in alien abduction, homeopathy, religion, Shell V-Power fuel and Brexit (did I go too far there, LOL?).

A friend of my wife claims to be psychic (she honestly believes that she is, and even sells her psychic services). Just before last Christmas we were all having a quiet evening drink in a nearby very old pub and at one point she became genuinely quite agitated by 'an unruly gathering of spirits' close our table, so I sarcastically told them to f**k off, however she said they weren't listening to me. I then suggested that she should tell them, which she did, only to find that this had apparently worked and she really did become more relaxed! So perhaps this could work for you? I may not believe in the spirit world, but I do believe in the power of our minds.

#20 ·
Never quite worked out yet, when a teenager, and everything was new and challenging, with a group of mates round at one of the parent's house, we brought along a ouji board (think Waddingtons made them at the time)

All having an 'entertaining' night, until suggested the two chosen 'operatives' be blindfolded to prove we were all faking/moving the 'slider' around the board.

So ahead we went, and away went the pointer/slider to questions put out by the group. The words when written down were gobbledygook. Only at the sentences finish, the messaging proceeded to spell out a code formulation, which when the messages were transposed accordingly, spelled out in clear and concise English the answers. A few paled faces around the room. Think we called it a night...........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.