2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Commiserations needed - Someone's pranged my pride and joy!

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  lazarus 
#1 ·
[smilie=cwl.gif] [smilie=cwl.gif] [smilie=cwl.gif] [smilie=cwl.gif] [smilie=cwl.gif] [smilie=cwl.gif] [smilie=cwl.gif]

Picked it up on Monday and pranged it on Friday - some kind of record? Someone hit me on the driver's side on a roundabout.

I'm looking at being Civic-less for about a week - what a right bloody pain! Still at least no-one was hurt, and it's just a lump of metal and plastic, so they tell me...

:cry:
glh1508

Tried to include an image but not sure whether it's worked - if it hasn't, anyone give me some guidance?
[/img]

#3 ·
No, it's not a record (if this makes you feel any better) - I once saw a new reg car, at 0730 in the morning on the way to work, on the first of August (old system), written off. Only a few hours old. Any I know of one fool who picked up a new Honda Fireblade, and as he set off in it did a huge wheelie and the bike flipped on it's back and wrote it off. Didn't even go one solitary yard!

What a disaster though. I take it that the damage is not that serious if it's only a week - and will the other guy's insurance pay?

To post an image hosted somewhere else put the following in your post:

Code:
[img]http://www.thesitewhereyoupictureis.com/thepath/yourpic.jpg[/img]
Otherwise use "Post Reply" and you'll see how you can upload an image there.

#6 ·
Sorry, must be being really thick - excuse is that I must have lost some brain cells in the bump.

When I click on Add image to post I get a dialogue box from postimage.org which I presume is the place where I can host my pic. I then browse, choose the jpg and press upload - it seems to get half way doing the uploading and the comes up with a redirecting message. The window then changes to the forum index page but with the address www.civinfo.colonyrpg.com. I then can't do anything else with it.

Any suggestions? Or is there another public hosting service I can use?

glh1508

#8 ·
Lucky!

Although you may not feel it....

Just a light bump (remember the door is made of tin foil) so a new door and your car should be as good as new. What is really annoying is when someone bends the basic structure, and however "good" the repair, it's never quite the same.

#11 ·
omg lol that just upsetting lol, it needs some tlc

:lol: :lol: looks like the side protectors/skirts did a lot of good :lol: :lol:

#14 ·
Gutted for you mate :cry: hope it was a genuine accident and not some real moron in which case its :evil: :evil: :evil:

On the upside sill looks in tact so you'll just need a new door, this has happened to me 3 times (not in the civic) in 2 different cars over 4 years I was going to ask the body shop for frequent visitor points, they reskinned it on one of the cars (twice) but told me on the other it will be about the same price to reskin as to replace the door because it will take an extra day to reskin rather than hang a new door took the new door option and got the car back a day quicker (it was on the other's guy insurance company!

The only headache is making sure the colour matches (can be tough with dark metallics) and if its been supagarded make sure they redo the new door otherwise it will fade at a different rate from the rest of the car

Everybody let's be careful out there

#17 ·
Many thanks for the expressions of sympathy, folks - much appreciated! Can recommend Civinfo as a great form of counselling!!

FYI, Civicsport, the rear door is also damaged as is the rear alloy. Actually the rear alloy only has a bit of a scratch mark, but the bodyshop guy said the retouching it won't get it perfect and they don't do 'not perfect' - glad to hear it.

Also, FYI, WoolyCiv, none of the airbags did go off - it was really only a glancing blow. Presumably, there has to be quite a bit more force behind the impact for them to activate.

Will keep you updated on repairs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.