2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Air con not working and blowing noise at low rev

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  motormouse 
#1 ·
Hi all

I recently had a full service at my local garage whereby air filters, oil etc were replaced.

Upon driving my car off I noticed a low frequency vibration noise coming from the engine at low revs. Could almost be described as a hole in the manifold or some other air leak but defo sounds more throaty than before the service!

A week later I tried my air con (hot day) and no cold air! Therefore I presume the noise from the engine and my air con not working all started following my service.

Air filter was replaced and has been checked by the garage as ok. I even had my air con recharged and still no cold air and noise is present.

My guess is the mechanic has knocked something? or the air filter is wrong?

All suggestions and ideas greatly received please.

Thanks

Motormouse

See less See more
#2 ·
Think you may have posted this in the wrong section.... Mods may have to move it????

Was this at an indepentant place or main dealer?? What make of civic is it you have not said? can you see to cheak that all your pipes for the air con system are in place. I am not sure on other models but on my IMA I have bleed valves make sure they are all set right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.