"What did you do to your car today?"
Removed the wheels.
Wheel arches and wheels cleaned with APC
Wheels Sprayed with AutoSmart Tardis tar remover
Wiped down
Waxed with Collinite 845 Insulator Wax
Tyres dressed with Megs UE Tyre Dressing

#4,929 ·
I think the standard air intake works on the suction of the standard air box as the air has to move along way to get from the intake to the air box. I've got a heat shield, it's just black so can't really see it, I've got an air intake pipe that I made using an old resonator box so it can connect directly to the last bit of the intake and I'll connect it to the fog scoops.
So only the fog scoops to get, either black gel ones for £100 or carbon for £150, think the carbon ones would look good with the bonnet.

#4,932 ·
Well got the car back finally!

Problems identified....

Big spark plug gaps (don't get it they were laser iridiums from teg!)
Replaced with HKS plugs
Loose engine earth cabling
Missing lower intake clamp
MAF needed rescaling

I added 410cc Injectors as you know plus two lower engine insert poly mounts
No vibrations at all

Car drives bloody brilliantly now

So ugent and the mid range is superb , added on the new cam cover & gaskets

@pjacksat55 I tried the longer coolant hose from Tegiwa for our FN2s but no joy it didn't fit, even Tegiwa weren't sure if it would gonna return it need to find an alternative...

#4,933 ·
Well got the car back finally!

Problems identified....

Big spark plug gaps (don't get it they were laser iridiums from teg!)
Replaced with HKS plugs
Loose engine earth cabling
Missing lower intake clamp
MAF needed rescaling

I added 410cc Injectors as you know plus two lower engine insert poly mounts
No vibrations at all

Car drives bloody brilliantly now

So ugent and the mid range is superb , added on the new cam cover & gaskets

View attachment 318201

@pjacksat55 I tried the longer coolant hose from Tegiwa for our FN2s but no joy it didn't fit, even Tegiwa weren't sure if it would gonna return it need to find an alternative...

View attachment 318202
Good to see it's running properly.
The hose should be 32mm inside diameter, problem I had with mine was the intake sat on top of the hose
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Camera lens Carbon

I managed to get a Tegiwa silicone hose set second hand off Ebay (didn't want to cut the OEM hose) and fit an aluminium hose connector, this let me turn the hose where it fits onto the engine and lower it to miss the intake by around 30mm.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Light Automotive design

I think you could fit a hose connector to extend your current hose
Bicycle part Natural material Composite material Tool Auto part

Or a smaller one to add some hose to the end of the standard hose (don't have to cut the hose)
Tire Automotive tire Rim Font Cylinder

32mm outside diameter for the connector.

#4,955 ·
@Grossey how do you manage to keep the inside clean with your dog? If I put my dog in my car it's takes forever to remove his hairs !
His white hairs stand out like a sore thumb lol

Im not a fan of seat covers , any tips ?....

mate my car is covered in dog hair at the minute,, i am going to have to buy some seat covers for when she goes in the car

#4,956 ·
ive a husky and they shed like mad and i keep him in the boot limits the hair issue and have a OEM boot liner and ever week give the boot a good vacuum and use a lily brush to remove the hair from the carpet on the back of the seats.

#4,964 ·
My clutch pedal has started squeaking again! No idea if it's the weather warming up or the grease wearing away... Think I'll just ignore it from now on :rolleyes:

The Sachs rear shocks seem to have smoothed out the ride. It improved slightly after the first free days commuting. Car's still not amazing but it rides well enough. Think I'll save my my money and just get a double din stereo instead of 15" rims and sound proofing!

#4,965 ·
My diesel was giving quite a bit of hesitation before the turbo kicked in so I've cleaned both the MAF and MAP sensors and cleaned the EGR which sorted that issue, they didn't look particularly fouled tho so why there was a problem.

I've had the rear perspex window tinted using perforated vinyl by tintmaster.

Tomorrow will be the full interior clean as I haven't done it in a month.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

#4,967 ·
My diesel was giving quite a bit of hesitation before the turbo kicked in so I've cleaned both the MAF and MAP sensors and cleaned the EGR which sorted that issue, they didn't look particularly fouled tho so why there was a problem.

I've had the rear perspex window tinted using perforated vinyl by tintmaster.

Tomorrow will be the full interior clean as I haven't done it in a month.

Post a pic, I would like to see if it looks good

#4,970 ·
I got it sorted by Tint Master in Telford, none of the other tint companies said it could be done. I don't actually know if you can go darker as I told them when requesting the quote that my other tints were quite light at 35%.

The other tints I did myself off Ebay and only added 8 quid to the insurance. I made a proper pigs ear of the main rear window but the sides look great!