2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

uncomfortable driver's seat

10K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  ANOMALY 
#1 ·
As per the title I'm not finding the driver's seat especially comfortable. The base is either too firm or just not quite the right contour for me.

Can anyone recommend a padded cover or beaded type base to improve matters?

Thanks.

#3 ·
I have to say I am surprised by your comments as I found the Civic seats to be some of the more comfortable car seats around.

So, unfortunately, I can't suggest an altherative solution but hope someone does.

#15 ·
I've come from a saab 9-5 which i thought had excellent seats, so maybe the benchmark has been set rather high.
there not seats.......those are armchairs :p

#5 ·
I just wasn't used to sport style seats(drove megane scenic) and not the slimmest of guys so struggled to adjust to the seats find them fine now.

#6 ·
I'm not fat but I'm not slim either! I sometimes find it's a bit difficult to get your backside completely comfortable between the side supports or whatever they're called. It can also be difficult to get the right amount of thigh support.

After much fiddling, I've found a position that suits me.

I tend to think that no amount of bead cushions or other bits and pieces really work if the seat doesn't suit.

Honda can't really compete with the best European cars for comfort. The Civic driving position is not a patch on the Golf for example.

#10 ·
#14 ·
When I first got the FK2, I was a bit disappointed by the comfort in the drivers seat. I'm not freakishly tall or anything, but I just couldn't get comfortable on long drives. I ended up with the height adjuster at the lowest setting, and raising the back quite a lot compared to how I've had the seat adjusted in other cars I've owned. I think the biggest mistake I've been making in the past, has been sitting too far away from the steering wheel. No problems with comfort now. :)

#16 ·
Another issue, for those who have cruise control, is where to put your right foot. In the Golf there was a rest just next to the accelerator. In addition, you could also easily put your foot flat on the floor in front of the pedals - impossible in the Civic because even though the driving position is high, the seat isn't.

I find I can tolerate this issues quite well because I am a low mileage driver, not sure how I'd feel if I was a rep doing 30,000 miles a year.

Saying that, my Civic doesn't break down unlike the wallet busting Golf:mad:

#17 ·
Where i work the reps have the civic to get around in, but most of them decide to use their own car...
Totally agree with the cruise control thing my right foot flat to the floor which isn't great in-case something suddenly happens and not being prepared...

As for the seat.. found it more confortable than my old car but (yes theres a but) it only seems to have 2 settings little layed back and really layed back... I like mine more sat up..

oh and another thing... what about the dash board ? seems like no matter how you sit you either can't see the rev meter or the icons above -.-...

that's the only thing I find annoying...

#19 ·
My CTR seats are very nice and hold you in wonderfully. Coming from a Saab though, you may have some difficulty matching comfort. My brother had a Saab 9-3 aero in which you could not feel speed bumps at all. I've not experienced ride comfort like that in any other car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.