Honda roofbars - a query - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 6th June 2013, 14:20 Thread Starter

Car: 2013 EX GT Silver
Honda roofbars - a query

Before I take the plunge and pay over the odds for a set of the OEM bars I have a question for other forum members that have these. First of all I'd like to know the actual cross sectional size of these (width x height). Also, am I right to assume that these roofbars use T bar attachments for accessories and if so what size are they? 20mm or 24mm are the two sizes that have been described to me as standard. I need to know if they will fit some rack specific adapters for a tandem bike rack that I need to keep in use.

I already have a Honda specific set of Thule roof bars (for the 2012 Civic) but I have lost confidence in these as they do not fit properly - I have persevered with them but without success. One foot came off on the M4 last summer while carrying two bikes; fortunately spotted by another driver so no harm done. It is a pity because I have had Thules for over 20 years and no problems with them on the last two Civics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 6th June 2013, 15:16
Supporter

Car: 2010 CRZ GT
Send a message via AIM to n22bby
the Honda oem bars are made by thule but they are the thule aero bars these are the alloy ones with the t track in the top of them I have these for my 8g and I use a mont blanc barricuda bike carrier which fits to these and never had any problems and also have a 3/4 size roof box which also uses the t track system to fit to the bars.hope this helps

Last edited by n22bby; 6th June 2013 at 15:19.
Thanks to n22bby from:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 6th June 2013, 15:33
Arfurs right hand man

Car: 1.8 Civic SE plus Auto 9th G
Garage
heres the brochure description....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot268.jpg (64.4 KB, 198 views)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 6th June 2013, 16:12 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2013 EX GT Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Dan View Post
heres the brochure description....
Thanks for posting that - I've not seen it before. Sadly, it appears not to offer any sizing or compatibility information - the brick wall I have been bouncing off for some days now. I have a query out with a dealer at present but I am not holding out much hope.

Thanks again for the information.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page