Waiting for my 9 gen - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 8th June 2013, 21:21 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2018 1,5 turbo CVT lunar
Waiting for my 9 gen

Hello Honda owners and fans or whatever you are! Waiting for my new 1,8 sport which i think would be the same as EX in UK, correct me if i got this wrong i am Swedish and dont really knoe what the different specs are called in different countries. Anyway my my new car is a woodland green pearl which i really like but my wife and daughter wanted a pearl white , but that was availible in Sweden in August so I get to pick -the color this time. This is my first new car ever so my hopes are high on it. It would be really interesting to hear what other Civic owners think about their cars through this forum. I hope that it will be as rewarding as the Saab Turbo club forum has been through the last 7 years I have been a Saab owner. Honda owners seems to be quite enthusisastic and interested in their cars too so i have high hopes! My English will probably not be perfect all the time but I hope you will understand my writing anyway. Be back to repot my first impressions when my car is deliverered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 8th June 2013, 22:20

Car: 2013 Civic 1.6 Sport, Milano
Eco display
Welcome

A Sport version without NavSat = ES
A Sport version with NavSat = ES-T

Will it be a vtec or i-dtec?

Greetings,
Dark Flemish
Thanks to darkflemish from:
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 8th June 2013, 22:23
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 ES
Welcome. I'm sure it will be worth waiting for.

There's a lot more normal aspiration going on around here!
Thanks to Skippy from:

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 8th June 2013, 22:36 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

No nav sat so it is an ES then. Thanks for clearyfiing that for me. And it is the 1,8 v-tec petrol, no diesel. My biggest concern is if it has enough torque, I am used to my Saab 2,3 turbo but the civic is about 400 kg;s lighter so i hope that the Honda motor technology will help me out there! Changing my AT Saab to an MT Honda because my daughter needs to practice driving to take drivers licence.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 8th June 2013, 23:24
Supporter

Car: 2012 1.8, MT
The torque is better than many people state, but nowhere near the 2.3t I guess. You'll need to rev it. Simple as that.
Thanks to MikePL from:
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 8th June 2013, 23:38 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

I payed 18544 pounds for the car and i got a value check for 982 pounds worth in petrol when i buyed it .I think that is pretty good camparing to an fairly equipped VW Golf with the 105 ps engine for 18643 pounds an Opel Astra 1,4 t sport for about 2200 pounds on my local dealers.In my opininion the Civic looks much better and felt more refined to drive.But ofcourse the dealer itself makes a difference. My local Honda dealer is a part of the local VAG dealer but has its own facilities apart from VAG and has a small shop and very nice salesmen, and that means a lot to me. Would be interesting to hear what the Honda dealers in UK and Europe is like.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 8th June 2013, 23:52
Supporter

Thanked 1,035 Times in 1,016 Posts
Hi and welcome

The 9th gen is a good car but not much out there for mod wise.To get most out of the 1.8 the engine loves to be rev'd
Thanks to Gp_kho from:
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 9th June 2013, 00:00 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Re MikePL: Yes you are probably right, when testdriving the car I felt the engine smooth and revhappy, my Saab 2,3 t is low rev strong but not very keen to be reved and the Civic is a much lighter car so my first opinion was that it felt so much more nimble and quick. And that was i wanted when trying a smaller car.My father has been owning both Civic and Accord earlier and iremember driving those cars the great smoothnes of the engine and the really precise gearshifting. And thats one of my main reasons to choose Honda as my first new car.
Thanks to Micke.A from:
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 9th June 2013, 00:17 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Re; Gp_hko Well I am not so much for modyfiing these days, more when i was younger. But what i can say is that is there a lot of talking on Swedish motor forums about the lack of quality on VAG cars these days. DSG geaboxes and TSI engines seems to fail all the time for their owners, and the warranty does not seem to handle it all. Shure there is much trash talk about this but where there is smoke there is fire. Howewer there is almost no talk about Honda Quality issues so there you have another thing going for Honda.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 9th June 2013, 00:23
Supporter

Thanked 1,035 Times in 1,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micke.A View Post
Re; Gp_hko Well I am not so much for modyfiing these days, more when i was younger. But what i can say is that is there a lot of talking on Swedish motor forums about the lack of quality on VAG cars these days. DSG geaboxes and TSI engines seems to fail all the time for their owners, and the warranty does not seem to handle it all. Shure there is much trash talk about this but where there is smoke there is fire. Howewer there is almost no talk about Honda Quality issues so there you have another thing going for Honda.
The interior feels a set up from the 8th gen not so many rattles and squeaks and the suspension is better though I am goina lower my car later on this year to handle corners bit better and looks
Thanks to Gp_kho from:
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 9th June 2013, 01:27

Car: 2012 Civic 1.8, White Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micke.A View Post
No nav sat so it is an ES then. Thanks for clearyfiing that for me. And it is the 1,8 v-tec petrol, no diesel. My biggest concern is if it has enough torque, I am used to my Saab 2,3 turbo but the civic is about 400 kg;s lighter so i hope that the Honda motor technology will help me out there! Changing my AT Saab to an MT Honda because my daughter needs to practice driving to take drivers licence.
Welcome
The Saab's I know are not fast from the standstill so if you rev your 1,8 to the redline it might surprise you.
I feel it's fairly quick in first to second gear (up to about 80 km/h) then the third kicks in which feels much slower lol
It's real fun through the bends though and I'm going to lower mine on Eibachs.
If you Eco drive it around 100km/h with light throttle you will achieve 0,5-0,6 l/100km in fuel consumption on a journey which is impossible in the turbo saab...
120-130km/h is around 0,7

Last edited by gloom; 9th June 2013 at 01:31.
Thanks to gloom from:
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 11th June 2013, 18:41

I had a Saab 93 2.0 turbo. It was pretty quick but my 2.2 I DTEC is much much quicker. So much torque!!
Thanks to Reverend from:
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 12th June 2013, 20:39

Car: 2012 Civic 1.8, White Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend View Post
I had a Saab 93 2.0 turbo. It was pretty quick but my 2.2 I DTEC is much much quicker. So much torque!!
Still you need a real life comparison to see which is quickest.
Even though you get maximum torque faster (lower down) from the diesel there's no problem reaching the higher maximum torque on a petrol (higher up) by slipping the clutch and dropping it higher.
If you drive both vehicles perfectly I would guess in the end the actual HP and weight will tell what car is the winner.
In normal driving (day to day) the diesel will seem stronger as you don't like to rev the petrol for different reasons.
For me, petrols just feels more fun to drive and I like the sound alot more then diesels.

I actually felt embarrassed when I got the 2.2 9g loaner car before and started it up cause it really sounded like a traktor or SUV and I don't feel it belongs on a sporty looking car like ours (sorry don't mean to upset anyone - it's just my opinion)
Thanks to gloom from:
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 15th June 2013, 01:44 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for the feedback! It makes me feel good about my choice ! I havent been able to reply earlier this week due to a lot of work goning on. Of course you cant compare a non turbocharged engine with a turbo engine when talking about low rev torque but it also comes down to how the drive train deliver its power. I am shure my new Civic would be satisfying for me.Gloom ,the fuel effiency numbers you talking about seems really promising! Howwever I did not got the car this week so I have to wait to next week, annoying, but if you wait for something good....
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2013, 01:22 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Short first impressions of ny new Civic 1,8 sport woodland green pearl: First of all i really like the color, its looks better than I excpected, it really glows in the sunlight and looks elegant when its darker. I have only driven for about 400 miles so far but Iam really satisfied with how it drives so far im really pleased with both comfort and performance of the car. Coming up with photos and more impressions soon.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2013, 08:41

Eco display
Can't wait to see pictures of your car.

Greetings,
Dark Flemish
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2013, 21:46 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkflemish View Post
Can't wait to see pictures of your car.

Greetings,
Dark Flemish
Photos coming up after a wash and waxing. Its been raining this weekend so the car is dirty. Seems like its going to be at lot of washing and polishing to keep the car looking good on at typical Swedish summer, but thats the way it is!!!
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2013, 23:02

Eco display
Ooh and I thought it was a typical Belgium "summer".
Rain, sun, rain, cloudy etc..

Greetings,
Dark Flemish
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 24th June 2013, 18:33 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkflemish View Post
Ooh and I thought it was a typical Belgium "summer".
Rain, sun, rain, cloudy etc..

Greetings,
Dark Flemish
Yuo just described the typical Swedish summer, just add loads of mosquitos!
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 24th June 2013, 18:37
Arfurs right hand man

Car: 1.8 Civic SE plus Auto 9th G
Garage
certainly not a british summer, you used the word SUN.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page