2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

New tourer few questions

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  micks_address 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys
24 hours since I picked up my Tourer and really like it so far.
Couple of questions if it's ok
1) Do the indicators turn off automatically when you have turned and straightened up?
2)My HTC one m 8 streams via Bluetooth great but I can't seem to navigate music via the stereo controls like I can with the ipod
3) Parking camera - you can reverse to the broken line safely?
4) Fuel lid - there isn't a twist and shut cap? Once you open the cover the inlet is exposed? Seems like a cap is build into the fuel flap
6) my spec doesn't have sat nav and I'm hoping to use my phone as ive the sygic app for offline maps but I'm struggling to find an obvious spot to mount a phone holder that the phone won't be blocking something

I might have more to add over the next few days so thanks for the patience
Cheers
Mick

#2 ·
Hi guys
Please note that I have a 2012 Civic Executive with satnav
1) Do the indicators turn off automatically when you have turned and straightened up?
Yes. A quick pull of the indicator will blink 3 times. Pushing it all the way will work like most cars when you straiten up.
2)My HTC one m 8 streams via Bluetooth great but I can't seem to navigate music via the stereo controls like I can with the ipod
I can with a Nexus 4, Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.
3) Parking camera - you can reverse to the broken line safely?
Yes. I think the manual describes the length of each line.
4) Fuel lid - there isn't a twist and shut cap? Once you open the cover the inlet is exposed? Seems like a cap is build into the fuel flap
Yup, that's it
6) my spec doesn't have sat nav and I'm hoping to use my phone as ive the sygic app for offline maps but I'm struggling to find an obvious spot to mount a phone holder that the phone won't be blocking something
I use a phone holder that fits into the DVD slot. Works great!
Satechi Universal Smartphone CD Slot Mount for 3.5"

#10 ·
Please note that I have a 2012 Civic Executive with satnav

Yes. A quick pull of the indicator will blink 3 times. Pushing it all the way will work like most cars when you straiten up.

I can with a Nexus 4, Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.

Yes. I think the manual describes the length of each line.

Yup, that's it

I use a phone holder that fits into the DVD slot. Works great!
Satechi Universal Smartphone CD Slot Mount for 3.5"
Hey Cazcade, could you post a photo of what the phone holder looks like when fitted please?

#3 ·
In addition to the above:

2) Put your music on a USB stick.

3) Get a large empty cardboard box and test it for yourself so you know how yours has been calibrated.

6) Yes, the 9G dash wasn't designed for third party addons. If you have the HTC One( 8 ) then look at the HTC Car Dock D190. Not a perfect solution but does hold the phone.
The one misleading bit about the D190 picture (same as the D160) is that it doesn't work in portrait mode if you want it perfectly vertical as the base is too deep.

#6 ·
Hi guys
1) Do the indicators turn off automatically when you have turned and straightened up? Yes
2)My HTC one m 8 streams via Bluetooth great but I can't seem to navigate music via the stereo controls like I can with the ipod No Idea
3) Parking camera - you can reverse to the broken line safely? Yes, still about a foot away
4) Fuel lid - there isn't a twist and shut cap? Once you open the cover the inlet is exposed? Seems like a cap is build into the fuel flap its a self closing filler, built into the neck of the filler

I might have more to add over the next few days so thanks for the patience
Cheers
Mick

#7 ·
Thanks guys,

I talked to my dealer today and he says the phone is behaving as expected with the not being able to browse music from the car stereo that it only works with USB connected devices..

Also I asked him about fitting an auto dimming mirror and alloy pedals and he said neither were an option on the civic or tourer?

Cheers,
Mick

#13 ·
Ah, but is yours a diesel?

#18 ·
I am using Galaxy S2 and streaming music over BT as it should, changing songs on the steering wheels. Check the settings on your media player on the phone, I use Rocket Player and it has option under BT settings "Obey Headset commands". On my Alpine 2Din I noticed that some players can send also the song and album name to radio, others could not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.