2Likes
  • 1 Post By lenahan
  • 1 Post By Kremmen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11th April 2018, 22:09 Thread Starter

Car: 2006 1.8 iVtec EX GalaxyGrey
Help Point Me In Right Direction 9G Specs

Hi,

Hoping somebody can answer or at least point me to the threads that will help me as Ive searched without much luck.

Im Looking at getting a facelift 9G 1.8 Petrol later this year but trying to get up to speed with the specs.

I want to buy a top spec facelift. Am I correct in thinking that for the 9G the top spec model is the SR ? Previously it was either EX or EX GT on the 8G so im abit confused at the changes.

Id also like the have the full DASP Pack with all the features added including High Beam Assist etc. When did Honda include this as a standard feature as I see some adverts which say DASP and others which say nothing even though the car advertised might still be a DASP vehicle.

Basically what plate am I looking at in order to get a Facelift with Full DASP ?

What are the other changes or options I should be aware of that Honda continueally added from facelift onwards periodically and what plates/production months do these apply ?

Anything else that anyone can add is much appreciated regards options like Stereos etc as Im in a pickle trying to work it out as to what exactly Im looking for. Once I know what I want i can think about colours and such like as I head into the Autumn before searching and pulling the trigger at the right price where I will likely buy either private or trade at Auction unless a really good deal pops up with a dealer.

Thanks for the help.
scaramanga likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11th April 2018, 22:40

Car: 2014 1.8 i-VTEC SE Plus
This looks like a 2016 brochure - check it out for features in each spec level...

https://www.cvsltd.co.uk/wp-content/...-May-16-V1.pdf

It looks like SR is the top spec. The face lift was also available in 2015 so you might also want to find that brochure.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12th April 2018, 23:51
I Hate tailgaters!

Car: 2016 1.6 SR Lunar Silver
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Help Point Me In Right Direction 9G Specs

The top was the EX with the SR below. As for DASP mine is a 2016 build and it was fitted as standard. I believe Honda included on the later/last SR's and EX's? as a bonus (vice request) inorder to shift em in preparation for arrival of the Mk10's. You'll need a 2017 registered Mk9 or late 2016 if you want DASP. I'm not sure about late 2015 or early build 2016 models.

Note towards mid 2016 the SR did become the top model as they stopped production of the EX so check if you find one that it had DASP. You can tell the EX with its headlamps like a Type-R, it also has keyless start and entry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Red Dwarf; 12th April 2018 at 23:54.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 15th April 2018, 13:54

Car: 2014 1.6 i-Dtec White
I recently upgraded from a SE+ to July17 registered SR, dealer told me the SR was top model by then, but don't know when it was actually manufactured. Really liking the differences, most of DASP is really useful and worth having. The only bit I switch off (it's the only bit you can I think) is the Lane Departure Warning as I'm not in the habit of indicating left to come back to the inner lanes on motorway - often switch it on when on motorway if I'm feeling a bit tired.

In my opinion, the leather seats are much better than the seats on SE+ and they have electric lumbar and side squab adjustment. I find the auto-dimming rear view mirror really good to, plus glass roof makes a big difference to interior on dull days.

Good luck with future purchase
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 15th April 2018, 13:57
I Hate tailgaters!

Eco display Eco display
Garage
Mk9's were stopped being built in July 2016. So it's at least that old.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 15th April 2018, 17:38 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2006 1.8 iVtec EX GalaxyGrey
Thanks for the Input so far. This is really confusing though.

I could be wrong but from what I can see it was possible to buy either a facelift SR or EX Plus early on in the facelift life where the EX Plus added Led headlights and Smart/Keyless entry/start amongst others over the SR. It doess appear that by 2016 the EX Plus had been dropped and the SR replaced it as top spec but according to the brochure above it didnt have the extra features that the EX Plus previously had in months gone by. That seems really poor and a backwards step from Honda if so ?

I also cant figure out if an early facelift EX Plus would have had DASP and where this comes into the equation with facelift cars.

I basically want the highest spec facelift 9G out there with the DASP pack but maybe it doesnt exist and Honda messed around so much in the run up to the 10G launch that all the facelift cars are abit of a frankenstein mix of specs and features where its not making sense at all and im going to have to pick between one thing or another.

When did DASP and/or DASP features come into play ?

As i said this is really confusing. I could do with looking at all the brochures Honda produced during the 9G facelift run but I cant even find them online apart from the one above kindly posted grrrr.

Maybe im just thick and cant figure this out but this has got me really stumped where I think ive got it sorted in my head and then something I see on a car/review/advert/brochure or something told me has me scratching my head.

Really appreciating the pointers thanks.

Cheers.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 15th April 2018, 18:04

Car: 2014 1.6 i-Dtec White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dwarf View Post
Mk9's were stopped being built in July 2016. So it's at least that old.

Wow, I didn't realise it was that long ago, I thought they continued to make a few diesels for a while later due to the late launch of the 10g diesel.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 1st December 2018, 23:44
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Hmm, You could still place new orders (At least, the configurator was open) in March 2017, though I believe they had trimmed off the less popular trim levels by then
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2018, 04:20
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
The only facelift brochure I have is dated 03/15.

That includes Honda Connect and DASP.

The models in it are:

S (although I was told by a dealer that the S wasn't available to order)
SE Plus
Sport
SR
EX Plus
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2018, 11:54
I Hate tailgaters!

Eco display Eco display
Garage
Being nosy on carwow a new zero mileage MK9 SR diesel (black) popped up. Birmingham area I think.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2018, 12:41
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
I think someone posted the same 'find' a week ago
scaramanga likes this.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2018, 14:18
Supporter

Car: 2015 white orchid 1.6 dtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverd8 View Post
Wow, I didn't realise it was that long ago, I thought they continued to make a few diesels for a while later due to the late launch of the 10g diesel.
they did continue the 9g in diesel after the 10 g was launched
but it will have been a way of using all the old shells still built
theres a few 17 plate 9g's listed at moment
I know as im searching hard for the right car to change mine
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 3rd December 2018, 11:24

Car: Civic Tourer 1.6DTEC
I have a March 2015 SR diesel Tourer. It is a facelift but an early one as it is only EU5 compliant

I have standard halogen headlights which don't have anything clever about them (although perfectly adequate). The top spec EX did have LED headlights as I remember discussing with the salesman the different levels of trim and came to the conclusion that the SR was fine for my needs

So it looks like you'll need a later car than mine

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page