2012 Ti - Bluetooth - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12th April 2018, 08:50 Thread Starter

2012 Ti - Bluetooth

Hi all,

So im a current 8G owner and am getting close to have enough cash to be able to afford an early 9G.

I've seen the below Ti spec Civic which from my research should have bluetooth connectivity.

However, when looking at the pictures I cant see any of the calling buttons on the lower part of the steering wheel that you can see on ES models.

Am i missing something? Is the bluetooth connectivity elsewhere on the special edition Ti models?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 26th April 2018, 18:42
I Hate tailgaters!

Car: 2016 1.6 SR Lunar Silver
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodycivic View Post
Hi all,

So im a current 8G owner and am getting close to have enough cash to be able to afford an early 9G.

I've seen the below Ti spec Civic which from my research should have bluetooth connectivity.

However, when looking at the pictures I cant see any of the calling buttons on the lower part of the steering wheel that you can see on ES models.

Am i missing something? Is the bluetooth connectivity elsewhere on the special edition Ti models?

My Mk8 didn't have any phone controls on the steering wheel either. But it did have Bluetooth hands free calling which was activated via your hands using the touchscreen pioneer unit installed !! This doesn't have a satnav unit so I'd be wary it's just got Bluetooth for music through speakers but not calling unless it can accept calls. May not even have Bluetooth. If that's a must I'd sit back and wait. Plenty out there coming onto the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 26th April 2018, 19:48
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Car: 2018 Civic 1.0 SR Manual
I can help, it's a aftermarket kit which is fitted. There are no steering controls like provided with the factory fitted kit. There is a button on the dashboard behind the indicator stalk. I have the instructions somewhere how it works.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 26th April 2018, 19:54
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Car: 2018 Civic 1.0 SR Manual
You may also appreciate this article

Surprise, surprise: Honda Civic Ti 1.8 i-VTEC - PetrolBlog
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2nd May 2018, 00:24

Garage
You can connect your phone to the car and make and answer calls hands free through the speakers and mic as i do through my MK 9 TI. easy to do, it takes about 20 seconds to set up. And my ipod is connected up too through the USB. The TI has few bells and Whistles, no sat nav, or leather electric heated seats or auto lights or wipers or reversing cameras or even parking aids, but then it was inspired by the Touring cars and you wont find any of that on them! I love mine because it is a basic car that you drive and not one that drives you. Good luck if you do buy it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd May 2018, 15:15

Car: 2012 1.4 i-vtec 5door
this is the genuine complete bluetooth kit
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Geniune-H...AAAOSwa9Fa6vq6

but the red car is without bluetooth kit

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page