• 1 Post By azc
  • 1 Post By stoat
  • 1 Post By GoonerEm
  • 1 Post By nturnb

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 9th May 2018, 12:51 Thread Starter

Air Conditioning drivers side

Hi all,

Trying to search through the forums for air/con but couldn't find this problem.

Of course at the weekend I wanted a nice chilled car but the passenger air-con seemed a lot cooler than the drivers. The drivers side was simply blowing air - not chilled at all. I wouldn't say the air was warm, but in the heat of the cabin it felt it by the time it hit my face.

Passenger side wasn't amazing so I imagine a re-gas is due, but it was definitely chilled. Wouldn't both sides run off the same gas?? Both sides temp setting set on Lo, A/C light on and re-circ selected.

Car is a 2013 ES-T 1.6 diesel which I've had about 9 months and not sure whether the previous owner ever refilled the air-con. But worried only one side is chilling and scared of the 's to fix it!

Suggestions of a fix, whether I should take to Honda, Halfords or a reputable local mechanic all welcome!
azc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 9th May 2018, 18:53
azc

Car: 2018 1.5 S-Design (CVT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonerEm View Post
Hi all,

Trying to search through the forums for air/con but couldn't find this problem.

Of course at the weekend I wanted a nice chilled car but the passenger air-con seemed a lot cooler than the drivers. The drivers side was simply blowing air - not chilled at all. I wouldn't say the air was warm, but in the heat of the cabin it felt it by the time it hit my face.

Passenger side wasn't amazing so I imagine a re-gas is due, but it was definitely chilled. Wouldn't both sides run off the same gas?? Both sides temp setting set on Lo, A/C light on and re-circ selected.

Car is a 2013 ES-T 1.6 diesel which I've had about 9 months and not sure whether the previous owner ever refilled the air-con. But worried only one side is chilling and scared of the 's to fix it!

Suggestions of a fix, whether I should take to Honda, Halfords or a reputable local mechanic all welcome!
Is the ac sync button pressed. Green light should be on

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Haltamer likes this.
Thanks to azc from:
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 9th May 2018, 19:53
Ex-Pat Geordie!

Car: 2015 Civic S Navi I-dtec
Eco display
Do you normally use the Climate control quite often or just the AC in summer? if you don't use it often the seals dry and the gas leaks. When you get it re-gassed ask them to check for leaks to as it's fine to just re-fill but not if it's just going to escape again.
Thanks to nturnb from:

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10th May 2018, 13:34

Car: 2012 EX 1.8 i-VTEC Manual
I would think both sides would work from the same evaporator behind the dashboard. I'm not really sure how it works but if your car has dual zone climate control, which I think yours does and it's cold in one zone but warm in the other, I would think it's more likely to do with how the dual zones work? Maybe it uses a mechanical flap to direct whether it's hot or cold air coming in and one side is stuck on hot? A different model I know but the service manual for the mk8 mentions an "air mix control motor" which might be moving something.
nturnb likes this.
Thanks to stoat from:
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10th May 2018, 16:25 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks all - I wasn't home last night but will check the above things once I get in tonight.

Also just found this which looks interesting:

xxx.civinfo.com/forum/how-guides-only-%5B9g%5D/91222-access-climate-control-self-diagnostic-function-9g-civic.html

(Sorry can't post URL's yet)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th May 2018, 16:17

Car: 2015 1.6 SE Plus (facelift)
Just in case you're interested i saw this deal which i've used before - they are generally pretty good to be fair and its a decent price (certainly for around me)

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/ats-...urce=undefined
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11th June 2018, 12:38
I Hate tailgaters!

Car: 2016 1.6 SR Lunar Silver
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Certain models have A/C that can be adjusted to different temperatures driver v pass side. Are your temp displays different?
To equalise them you need to press 'sync' as already mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12th June 2018, 13:53 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks Red Dwarf. The passenger side is now warm too. It goes in to be re-gassed next weekend through a Groupon Deal at Bermondsey Car Repairs. I think it's just totally run out of coolant...will update all next week.

Mad how much you miss air con when it isn't there!
Red Dwarf likes this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12th June 2018, 14:49
I Hate tailgaters!

Car: 2016 1.6 SR Lunar Silver
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonerEm View Post
Thanks Red Dwarf. The passenger side is now warm too. It goes in to be re-gassed next weekend through a Groupon Deal at Bermondsey Car Repairs. I think it's just totally run out of coolant...will update all next week.

Mad how much you miss air con when it isn't there!

Every two - three years is a good way to keep your system lubricated and healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 13th June 2018, 08:08

True a.c. gas dissipates roughly 15 percent a year best to have it serviced every 2 -3 years had mine done at the honda dealers as part of it annual mot and servicing.
A.c. blows colder

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 13th June 2018, 08:51
Ex-Pat Geordie!

Car: 2015 Civic S Navi I-dtec
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle123 View Post
True a.c. gas dissipates roughly 15 percent a year best to have it serviced every 2 -3 years had mine done at the honda dealers as part of it annual mot and servicing.
A.c. blows colder

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Using it more often is a god idea too. That way the seals are lubricated so don't dry out and let as much refrigerant escape. You always see loads of comments on here about A/C about this time of year because a lot have not run it at all since the previous summer.
Farqui likes this.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 26th June 2018, 11:40 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Finally got it looked at on Saturday morning through a Groupon deal in Bermondsey. A lot of people had the same idea so there was a bit of a wait.
Both cars in the queue before me had leaks in their air con so drove away without the machine being able to re-gas them. Mine went through the full diagnostic, the the old gas vacum'd out and then re-gassed. Amazing to have it back chilled again and working properly.

Bermondsey Car Repairs via Groupon for 24. Great price that.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 4th July 2018, 09:25

Car: 2014 1.6 DTEC 5 Door White
I had the exact same issue. Went for a re-gas with ATS Euromaster in Hinckley and they claimed that I had a leak? Drivers side went warm, then passenger side. I will try another garage before I claim on my Warranty...

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in