Hairline Cracks - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 26th June 2018, 09:18 Thread Starter

Car: 2015 1.6 SE Plus (facelift)
Hairline Cracks

Over the last few months I've developed 2 hairline cracks in the IMID plastic and now one seems to have appeared over the main speedo as well. Is this per chance a known issue and does anyone know what might have caused it or what i can do about it ?

That part of the car doesn't get touched other than using a soft cloth literally tickled over it to agitate the dust before being sucked into the hoover.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 27th June 2018, 08:51
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
As you can perhaps imagine, it's difficult to make them out in the picture due to their hairline nature.

Are they definitely cracks, or just light scratches? If they are scratches, they should polish out, but if you do attempt you are at peril of removing any anti-glare coatings that may exist, as with the 8G.

If you're still in warranty, get the issue logged ASAP to cover you against any development, as I don't imagine replacements would be cheap!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 28th June 2018, 22:57
Supporter

Car: 2017 EX 1.0 Manual
Garage
I had a 9G for over 4 years. I didn't have any issues with hairline cracks, or anything else for that matter - it's was an all round brilliant car.

I guess there could be many factors, including: mileage, age, temperature variations, manufacturing defects, previous damage.. any number of factors I guess.

I don't believe this is a know problem though.

As Haltamaer says, get it logged with Honda ASAP and try and push for a replacement plastic panel.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th July 2018, 22:59 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2015 1.6 SE Plus (facelift)
Hi Guys,

Finally got it in for the warranty check this week as well as getting an update on the connect system (vastly improved speed and reliability on calls)

They have agreed to replace it under warranty as theres no sign of damage (which i already knew), however i was a bit concerned they would think it was something else. They have only replaced the iMid screen currently and will look at the speedo screen - you only see it when sunlight shines directly on it, but i know its there and its surely only going to get worse

Managed to just take some pics as i pulled up - easier in the dark to see it

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page